Registering on HSD
Guests can only see part of the forums. If you want to see the whole site, participate in forum discussions, or contribute to the wiki, you'll need to register for a free account. It's easy, but it involves a couple of steps, so here's a simple guide:
Step 1: Create an account
1. Agree to the terms. Click here to go to the registration page. Read the usage agreement and click "I agree to these terms", at the bottom.
2. Create your user. You should see a page with several blank text fields. Fill them out and click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- What should my username be? It doesn't really matter - some people use their real name, but most invent a screen name like "wildflower" or "ForkLift123". Pick something you're comfortable with; remember, this is the name most people on HSD will know you by.
Step 2: Set your usergroups
HomeSchoolDebate.com is designed so you can choose which forums you want to see, based on what your interests are. Initially, you can't see much; you need to add yourself to a few "usergroups". It's easy; here's how:
1. Go to the usergroup panel. Click here to go to your usergroup panel. You'll see a list of groups you're a member of, and then a list of groups you aren't a member of.
2. Choose your groups. Look at the list of "Non-memberships" and decide which ones you want to join:
- NCFCA: Join this group if you compete in the NCFCA, are affiliated with it in some way, or are just interested in it.
- Stoa: Join this group if you compete in Stoa, are affiliated with it in some way, or are just interested in it.
- Public Discussion: Join this group if you want to participate in public discussions with people from all walks of life, not just homeschoolers.
- Controversial Topics: Join this group if you want to participate in public discussions addressing topics that might be controversial.
- If you have not yet graduated from high school, please do not join the Public Discussion or Controversial Topics groups if you don't think your parents would permit you to. Ask them first!
3. Add groups. For each group that you want to join, select the small circular button to the right of that group, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Submit". Repeat this process for each group you want to join.
And that's it! Welcome to HomeSchoolDebate.com.