homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:44 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
This thread is kind of self-explanatory :D Feel free to shout out your favorite speeches and/or speakers!

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:16 am 

Brett Hungar
Consistently high up in finals in extemp....and apol....and impromptu...and duo....and basically everything. Plus, he's a pretty amazing LDer, having won regionals both years he has competed in LD, and taking third in speaks at this past regionals.

Joshua Schumacher
His IO is fantabulous. He won two qualifiers with it (if I remember correctly), as well as placing second at the NC Open.

Justin Moffatt
His persuasive and informative are both quite excellent. And don't even get me started on debate speaks....his persuasive power in 2ARs and 2NRs is quite deadly.

Connor Fitzpatrick
He won all 3 qualifiers he attended in extemp, if I remember correctly...which is pretty incredible. As well as winning at least one tournament in apol and possibly impromptu as well. Plus, he has an incredibly clear speaking style in LD.

Jane White
It seems like she is almost always winning apol and impromptu, as well as doing well in informative. And her speaking style in LD is very smooth and calm - it sounds as if she is delivering a prescripted platform.

Grayson Logue
Just took first in both extemp and LD speaks at regionals. He also won impromptu at one of the qualifiers. His speaking style is very engaging and clear.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:06 pm 

marinadelayne wrote:
Brett Hungar
Consistently high up in finals in extemp....and apol....and impromptu...and duo....and basically everything. Plus, he's a pretty amazing LDer, having won regionals both years he has competed in LD, and taking third in speaks at this past regionals.

Joshua Schumacher
His IO is fantabulous. He won two qualifiers with it (if I remember correctly), as well as placing second at the NC Open.

Justin Moffatt
His persuasive and informative are both quite excellent. And don't even get me started on debate speaks....his persuasive power in 2ARs and 2NRs is quite deadly.

Connor Fitzpatrick
He won all 3 qualifiers he attended in extemp, if I remember correctly...which is pretty incredible. As well as winning at least one tournament in apol and possibly impromptu as well. Plus, he has an incredibly clear speaking style in LD.

Jane White
It seems like she is almost always winning apol and impromptu, as well as doing well in informative. And her speaking style in LD is very smooth and calm - it sounds as if she is delivering a prescripted platform.

Grayson Logue
Just took first in both extemp and LD speaks at regionals. He also won impromptu at one of the qualifiers. His speaking style is very engaging and clear.

^^^Seconded.

Andrew Amedick and Lydia Eskelund
Their duo is Amazing. They won 3 of the 5 tournaments they went to, including Regionals and the NC Open both of which they won. They both have made it to Nationals in HI and Andrew also made it in Info. Andrew is only 13 and Lydia is 14 so they will be someone to watch out for. Andrew won Info at one of the qualifiers and Lydia won HI at the first tournament she competed with it.

Elliot Paul
He is a great speaker, made it to Nats in TP at age 14. He also made it in Apol after breaking for the first time at the last qualifier. He may have also made it in some other events I'm not sure. :?

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

Last edited by Jonah.a.barnes on Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:58 am 

Joshua Shoemaker - this guy is amazing. He's silky smooth and a really great speaker, especially when closing. He's won first place speaks at two tournament and extemp at least once.

Stephen Bush - also a great speaker. His 2ARs are fabulous. While he's still getting better (scary thought) he's already a really great speaker.

John Will Graham - I've seen him debate a few times, and I was blown away. He's excellent at cross examination and has a very relaxing voice. He's quick without it seeming so because he annunciates VERY well.

Poythress B/Poythress P - (Election Law) 2014
Poythress B/Poythress P - (Middle East) 2015
Hudson W/Poythress P - (Court Reform) 2016
Poythress P/Roberts J - (China) 2017

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:01 pm 

I have to say that region six has this....

Christopher Baldacci (Do I need to say more)
-I've had the pleasure of debating and watching him and I'm always impressed.

Blake Toman
-I love this guy! His use of Figures of Speech are fantastic!

2010-11 |R8| Light/Light
2011-12 |R8| Folkert/Light
2012-13 |R8| Folkert/Light
2013-14 |R8| Folkert/Light
2014-15 |R8| Childs/Light
2015-16 |R8| Light/Toman

Last edited by Alec The Thinker on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.