homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:35 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
DFW Speech & Debate Summer Camps!
Get A Valuable Jump-start on the 2016-2017 season!

Locations: Dallas area & Austin (TX), Baton Rouge (LA), Tampa (FL), and Fayetteville (GA)

If there isn't a camp near you, it is worth the travel! Why? Our camps include expert NCFCA resolution-specific instruction and in-camp practices and drills, giving you a solid jump-start on the season ahead!

Lincoln Douglas debaters, learn to develop solid principles for why each side of the resolution is true, with examples to illustrate those principles (rather than examples as the justification for your position). Then develop championship cases and argumentation around those principles at camp, well-prepared to excel in competition.

Team Policy debaters, learn to identify the underlying ideas behind policies and to support your position with evidence, rather than evidence as the source of your argument. Then construct championship cases and master briefs based on a central thesis. Leave camp with tested/critiqued cases and briefs, well-prepared for the season ahead!

REGISTER NOW

See How Well Our Students Are Doing in Competition Across the Nation: Hall of Fame

"DFWSD's LD camp equipped me with the tools and processes to establish sound principles and logic for my cases. The cases I ran at 2015 Nationals rested on the principles that I developed at camp." - Grayson Logue, 2nd place 2015 National LD Champion

DFWSD's Team Policy debate camp was an excellent starting point for the season! The coaches were well-versed in the resolution and debate theory, and motivated each student to do their best. Through instruction, breakout groups, and one-on-one case drills, I gained much through their expertise and I am excited to start a great season on the right foot! - Hannah D. (6th place Team Policy, 2015 National Championship)

Questions? Email us at dfwspeechdebate.com