homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:33 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:48 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Hey guys, who else is going? (specifically, I'm trying to figure out which TPers, but other people are cool too, lol).

Hulbert/Min|RX|Arete|2010-11|
Min/Min|RX|Arete|2011-12|
Min/Min|RX|Arete|2012-13|
Lee/Min|RX|Arete|2013-14|
Blacklock/Min|RX|Arete|2014-15|
Min/Murch|RX|Arete|2015-16|

Notice something? There is no LD...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:55 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

If NCFCA will allow me and my schedule permits, I hope to be there to meet some of you (and possible judge). :) That's all dependent on what NCFCA decides - I've heard/seen conflicting anecdotal evidence that they do/don't allow Stoans or people associated with Stoa to compete and/or judge. I do know they would get me in major trouble if I attempted to promote my website, so I won't be rabble-rousing in that regard for sure ;)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:55 pm 

I'm going.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:59 pm 

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 pm 

Evan wrote:
If NCFCA will allow me and my schedule permits, I hope to be there to meet some of you (and possible judge). :) That's all dependent on what NCFCA decides - I've heard/seen conflicting anecdotal evidence that they do/don't allow Stoans or people associated with Stoa to compete and/or judge. I do know they would get me in major trouble if I attempted to promote my website, so I won't be rabble-rousing in that regard for sure ;)

.... Idk where you might have heard that, Evan... but I know quite a few NCFCA competitors and parents who openly compete in both leagues. Marinadelayne (and atshelton, I think) both compete in both leagues. I've competed in a few Stoa tournaments. You should be safe.

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:13 am 
Hint hint peoples.

JustM.e wrote:
Evan wrote:

.... Idk where you might have heard that, Evan... but I know quite a few NCFCA competitors and parents who openly compete in both leagues. Marinadelayne (and atshelton, I think) both compete in both leagues. I've competed in a few Stoa tournaments. You should be safe.

Good. Phew. I do know a coach got tossed from a tournament because he was promoting his services, so I won't do that. It's cool that a NCFCA tournament is so close by and that I may be able to go and meet some of you! :)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:31 am 

Evan wrote:

Don't worry man, the NCFCA definitely doesn't have a problem with letting Stoa people compete and judge. Being an NCFCA competitor in R2 (WA) in Stoa territory, I know tons of people that compete in both leagues; being "bileagueal" is very normal.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:53 pm 

Evan wrote:
Good. Phew. I do know a coach got tossed from a tournament because he was promoting his services, so I won't do that. It's cool that a NCFCA tournament is so close by and that I may be able to go and meet some of you! :)

I believe that the occurrence that you're referring to was at the NCFCA National Championship. The problem wasn't so much that he was promoting his services, but rather he was promoting his services under the table. At Nationals NCFCA will rent out space to debate organizations/colleges/etc. for the purpose of supporting their business. The man in question did not rent any sort of table and was thereby violating the Nationals advertising policy.

Now I'm not sure what NCFCA's policy is regarding other tournaments, but if you want to promote yourself, I'd encourage you to email the leadership and ask what would be acceptable. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:08 am 

Hook/Woodall will be there

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:18 am 

I'm gonna act like this is relevant cause <33333

http://www.homesnacks.net/youve-never-s ... ed-121366/

My favorite city.

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 pm 

CA registration is starting to look like NC announcements... Late. Very late.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:56 pm 

Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
Hammy wrote:
Evan wrote:

I believe that the occurrence that you're referring to was at the NCFCA National Championship. The problem wasn't so much that he was promoting his services, but rather he was promoting his services under the table. At Nationals NCFCA will rent out space to debate organizations/colleges/etc. for the purpose of supporting their business. The man in question did not rent any sort of table and was thereby violating the Nationals advertising policy.

Are y'all referring to this?

http://travisherche.com/2014/06/16/what ... nationals/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:22 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Sharkfin wrote:
Hammy wrote:
Evan wrote:

Are y'all referring to this?

http://travisherche.com/2014/06/16/what ... nationals/

That is what I was referring to, yes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:22 pm 

Well, turns out I get to come to this tournament after all. Thought I couldn't, but things changed and they accepted my late registration.

Looking forward to meeting people.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."