homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: California National Open
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 pm
Posts: 163
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Runnin through the 6 with my woes
So NCFCA just randomly announced a fourth National Open in California today which is super weird. But cool! Thoughts?

http://www.ncfca.org/ca-national-open/

_________________
~Jacob Beaver


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:55 am
Posts: 211
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: VA
QOWJOJAIJVWAIJEVOQIJEVPIQJVEIPOQJEVIPQWJVP OJPIEWUERPO@IMIRMQVPIQW<EI{QVMIMOEPWIQV PQW IPBFRPJ RPOQWVEIMPOQIMWEPVI QWMOEVMQWPOVRIP EPOQW RV

:D D: I WANNA GO SO BAD

_________________
NCFCA Region IX (FASD)

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16


Retired.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:55 pm 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1361
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
My reaction: :o

I can't believe my eyes. WHY?? NCFCA continues to baffle me day by day.

But who cares? A National Open in California? I'll check my schedule and see if I can go to this. Hopefully, if I can, I can meet you guys!

_________________
Evan Buck, LD Coach
Twitter | Seeking Alpha | Coaching Website | YouTube

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 am
Posts: 637
Home Schooled: Yes
SWEET THIS IS AWESOME

_________________
:lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 am
Posts: 244
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: do I want you to know...?
Huh. They're also like setting up informational meetings there about NCFCA.

http://www.ncfca.org/wp-content/uploads ... _Flyer.pdf

_________________
Jonathan Meckel || Nebraska || NCFCA Boycotter. #BracketGate #BracketLivesMatter
Free at last, they took your life, they could not take your pride


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 pm 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1361
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
mountain dude wrote:
Huh. They're also like setting up informational meetings there about NCFCA.

http://www.ncfca.org/wp-content/uploads ... _Flyer.pdf

So...they're invading California? Trying to take back the heart of the Confederacy? ;) Wow. It's not necessarily unprecedented...but very surprising that they're doing this.

_________________
Evan Buck, LD Coach
Twitter | Seeking Alpha | Coaching Website | YouTube

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 am
Posts: 244
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: do I want you to know...?
Evan wrote:
So...they're invading California? Trying to take back the heart of the Confederacy? Wow. It's not necessarily unprecedented...but very surprising that they're doing this.


I think the Revolutionary war is a better analogy here than the Civil war. ;)

_________________
Jonathan Meckel || Nebraska || NCFCA Boycotter. #BracketGate #BracketLivesMatter
Free at last, they took your life, they could not take your pride


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 am
Posts: 124
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Check your fridge.
Personally, I'm thrilled with the idea. I have no problem with Stoa; I simply choose to compete in only one league, and for me that's the NCFCA. But R2 certainly has declined hugely in number since Stoa was founded, and some growth in the region would be great. I'm hoping that having Nats in Spokane and this CA Open will help bring some new folks.

_________________
Ben Vincent, R II
South Sound Speech and Debate
www.lifeinthesunrise.com

I have won things. No really, I promise.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm
Posts: 105
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Always one step ahead of you.
The main idea I think is to get more NCFCA presence in California. Which I think is cool, even though I probably can't go. :cry:

_________________
Jonah Barnes, NCFCA Region IX

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm
Posts: 1369
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: H*wL*tt P*ck*rd muffins
Evan wrote:
So...they're invading California? Trying to take back the heart of the Confederacy? ;) Wow. It's not necessarily unprecedented...but very surprising that they're doing this.

It's about time we reclaimed land from the H*wl*tt P*ck*rd dissenters. :P

_________________
-Joshua
The dumb Boatswain's Mate who once did debate
Proud Coastie, Puddle Pirate, and Shallow Water Sailor


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 am
Posts: 637
Home Schooled: Yes
BenVincent wrote:
But R2 certainly has declined hugely in number since Stoa was founded, and some growth in the region would be great. I'm hoping that having Nats in Spokane and this CA Open will help bring some new folks.


I think you mean since Stoa had presence in Region two specifically. And it hasn't "declined hugely" - in fact, only about 2 clubs left and went Stoa. And one of the clubs just recently decided to join NCFCA again. In addition, we've had some of the largest numbers ever recently in terms of R2 numbers. Stoa hasn't affected R2 very much.

_________________
:lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 am
Posts: 124
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Check your fridge.
_idontknow_ wrote:
BenVincent wrote:
But R2 certainly has declined hugely in number since Stoa was founded, and some growth in the region would be great. I'm hoping that having Nats in Spokane and this CA Open will help bring some new folks.


I think you mean since Stoa had presence in Region two specifically. And it hasn't "declined hugely" - in fact, only about 2 clubs left and went Stoa. And one of the clubs just recently decided to join NCFCA again. In addition, we've had some of the largest numbers ever recently in terms of R2 numbers. Stoa hasn't affected R2 very much.


I was referring primarily to California specifically, as there are currently no NCFCA competitors from California, whereas before Stoa, California basically was Region 2, and the vast majority of competitors from the West Coast were from California. Now R2 is concentrated in the northwest. So I suppose that the region hasn't necessarily declined in number, but the numbers are more concentrated in the northwest and lack any California involvement at all. Thus, it would be beneficial to the region to get some presence in California.

Dang, I never thought I'd use the word California that many times in one paragraph.

_________________
Ben Vincent, R II
South Sound Speech and Debate
www.lifeinthesunrise.com

I have won things. No really, I promise.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 am
Posts: 637
Home Schooled: Yes
Quote:
I was referring primarily to California specifically, as there are currently no NCFCA competitors from California, whereas before Stoa, California basically was Region 2, and the vast majority of competitors from the West Coast were from California. Now R2 is concentrated in the northwest. So I suppose that the region hasn't necessarily declined in number, but the numbers are more concentrated in the northwest and lack any California involvement at all. Thus, it would be beneficial to the region to get some presence in California.


For the past 8 years R2 has been concentrated in the North West. So maybe a LONG time ago when the NCFCA hardly existed there was some CA presence, but R2 has almost always been Northwestern.

_________________
:lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:20 am 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1361
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
_idontknow_ wrote:
Quote:
I was referring primarily to California specifically, as there are currently no NCFCA competitors from California, whereas before Stoa, California basically was Region 2, and the vast majority of competitors from the West Coast were from California. Now R2 is concentrated in the northwest. So I suppose that the region hasn't necessarily declined in number, but the numbers are more concentrated in the northwest and lack any California involvement at all. Thus, it would be beneficial to the region to get some presence in California.


For the past 8 years R2 has been concentrated in the North West. So maybe a LONG time ago when the NCFCA hardly existed there was some CA presence, but R2 has almost always been Northwestern.

Ah, no. Check your facts. California was a HUGE part of Region II, and the entire state left when we broke away to form Stoa. I know of a grand total of two competitors from California who participated in NCFCA over the last six years. So now that NCFCA is coming back, it's kind of a big deal, and we'll see if it brings in a good number of committed recruits. (I say "committed" because the Open might just draw a ton of one-time Stoa trolls)

_________________
Evan Buck, LD Coach
Twitter | Seeking Alpha | Coaching Website | YouTube

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:14 am 
Offline
is jealous
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:50 pm
Posts: 224
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: climbing in yo windows, snatchin' all yo people up
Evan wrote:
_idontknow_ wrote:
Quote:
I was referring primarily to California specifically, as there are currently no NCFCA competitors from California, whereas before Stoa, California basically was Region 2, and the vast majority of competitors from the West Coast were from California. Now R2 is concentrated in the northwest. So I suppose that the region hasn't necessarily declined in number, but the numbers are more concentrated in the northwest and lack any California involvement at all. Thus, it would be beneficial to the region to get some presence in California.


For the past 8 years R2 has been concentrated in the North West. So maybe a LONG time ago when the NCFCA hardly existed there was some CA presence, but R2 has almost always been Northwestern.

Ah, no. Check your facts. California was a HUGE part of Region II, and the entire state left when we broke away to form Stoa. I know of a grand total of two competitors from California who participated in NCFCA over the last six years. So now that NCFCA is coming back, it's kind of a big deal, and we'll see if it brings in a good number of committed recruits. (I say "committed" because the Open might just draw a ton of one-time Stoa trolls)


My older siblings and I used to compete in NCFCA in R2, California was a one-state region. Even as only one state, we had more competitors than most of the regions with multiple states. :lol: So "hardly any California involvement" is a huuuuuuge understatement. :P I mean, check the history of past NCFCA nationals winners before the Stoa split, most of the people who won events were from California :D
This is interesting though, it'll be interesting to see if it draws new members to NCFCA. I might go if the date works out well with my school schedule, it'd be cool to meet some of y'all. :)

_________________
Elizabeth Danford | Alumni


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 am
Posts: 637
Home Schooled: Yes
Dibbles wrote:
Evan wrote:
_idontknow_ wrote:
Quote:
I was referring primarily to California specifically, as there are currently no NCFCA competitors from California, whereas before Stoa, California basically was Region 2, and the vast majority of competitors from the West Coast were from California. Now R2 is concentrated in the northwest. So I suppose that the region hasn't necessarily declined in number, but the numbers are more concentrated in the northwest and lack any California involvement at all. Thus, it would be beneficial to the region to get some presence in California.


For the past 8 years R2 has been concentrated in the North West. So maybe a LONG time ago when the NCFCA hardly existed there was some CA presence, but R2 has almost always been Northwestern.

Ah, no. Check your facts. California was a HUGE part of Region II, and the entire state left when we broke away to form Stoa. I know of a grand total of two competitors from California who participated in NCFCA over the last six years. So now that NCFCA is coming back, it's kind of a big deal, and we'll see if it brings in a good number of committed recruits. (I say "committed" because the Open might just draw a ton of one-time Stoa trolls)


My older siblings and I used to compete in NCFCA in R2, California was a one-state region. Even as only one state, we had more competitors than most of the regions with multiple states. :lol: So "hardly any California involvement" is a huuuuuuge understatement. :P I mean, check the history of past NCFCA nationals winners before the Stoa split, most of the people who won events were from California :D
This is interesting though, it'll be interesting to see if it draws new members to NCFCA. I might go if the date works out well with my school schedule, it'd be cool to meet some of y'all. :)


Exactly. It was a one-stage region. I'm talking about it being part of R2.

_________________
:lol:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited