homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:37 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:21 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
I wanted to let you all know that we are indeed offering Ziggy in the Spring in 2017! Based on all the feedback and input we've received, I think the best system is one that is a bit longer in terms of overall time, but with more flexibility in terms of scheduling rounds, so as to avoid tournament conflicts as much as possible.

Ziggy in the Spring will be an excellent way for debaters to not only compete with others from across the nation, but to continually improve their arguments, keep practices regular (better ensuring you'll remain ready for every tournament), and allow you to continually improve your arguments in preparation for Regionals and Nationals.

There will be 8 rounds of debate (first four random, last four powermatched). The first round of Ziggy in the Spring will be sent out Sunday, January 15, 2017 and the last (8th) round will be sent out Sunday, April 23, 2017. Rounds will be sent out once every two weeks - this should give ample time for debaters to schedule rounds and avoid too many conflicts with tournaments.

Debaters will also be able to let me know in advance when they will be unavailable so I can temporarily remove them from pairings if necessary.

Ziggy in the Spring will be $20 – that's just $2.50 per round – which is a great price, considering that just a single tournament can be around $50 (and that's if you're only doing debate, which only guarantees you 6 rounds). So, Ziggy in the Spring is more than 300% less expensive than a tournament (and that's not even factoring in travel costs).

We're also introducing Ziggy Priority Access, which allows you to text Ziggy directly if you have any urgent issues (like getting in touch with an opponent, for instance) - you can sign up for Ziggy Priority Access for $3, and that covers all debaters in a family AND both members of a TP team. In some cases, this will be quicker than email.

Registration is open, and there is no late fee - go here to sign up now: www.ziggyonlinedebate.us

We'll clarify things as needed, so feel free to ask any questions or give suggestions. In order to ensure quality of debate, each form of debate will require a minimum of 12 teams or debaters to start – so be sure to tell your friends to sign up! I think this will be highly doable for virtually all debaters, and it'll be a fantastic way to keep sharp during the upcoming debate season.

Sincerely,
Isaac Sommers
ziggyonlinedebate@gmail.com

Last bumped by Isaac Sommers on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:21 pm.