BLUE BOOK 2016-2017 NCFCA Edition
Blue Book returns for the NCFCA China topic.
- 12 (or more) complete (1AC + 2A backup) Affirmative cases and Negative briefs against them.
- Topic background introductory material. History and current issues about US/China foreign policy.
- Introduction to debate theory and strategy
- New format this year: 3 cases release during July 2016. The rest release during the fall week by week.
Blue Book promotes high quality debate rounds by:
- Impacting Harms and Disadvantages. We ask, "Why is that bad? So what?" and we don't stop until we reach a real impact.
- Plan Advocacy / Solvency evidence. Someone besides the Affirmative team who says the plan will work.
- Credible sources, fully cited. No homeless bums or random bloggers.
- All factual claims evidentially supported. No assumptions, assertions, guesswork, or claims not supported by evidence.
- Careful attention to ethical standards for date citations, context, author's intent, proper use of brackets. Ellipses are never added.
Now: Printed book with introductory chapters on how policy debate works. Download 3 complete AFF/NEG cases (#1,2,3 below) + China topic background/history chapter
Week by week: The rest of the cases are delivered via online download.
Order here: https://monumentpublishing.com/mem/b-ncfca/
Free sample here: https://monumentpublishing.com/store/bb-samples/
Hint: The NSDA free sample case is different from the NCFCA sample case, but would also be topical under the NCFCA resolution, so you might consider downloading it for free as well.Case List:
1. GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND: THE CASE FOR SPACE COOPERATION
2. CONTROL FREAKS: THE CASE FOR RELAXING EXPORT CONTROLS
3. HERE COMES THE SUN: THE CASE AGAINST SOLAR ENERGY TARIFFS
4. ANCHORS AWEIGH: THE CASE FOR ENDING SOUTH CHINA SEA PATROLS
5. GAME OVER: THE CASE AGAINST THE CHINA ARMS EMBARGO
6. MORE POWER, SCOTTY: THE CASE FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY INVESTMENT
7. FREE AT LAST: THE CASE FOR A FREE TRADE AGREEMENT
8. PROMISES TO KEEP: THE CASE FOR ENDING TAIWAN ARMS SALES
9. THE BUCK STOPS HERE: THE CASE FOR STOPPING CURRENCY MANIPULATION
10. AARGH! : THE CASE FOR FIGHTING CHINESE CYBER PIRACY
11. MONEY IN THE BANK: THE CASE FOR JOINING A.I.I.B
12. BIT BY BIT: THE CASE FOR THE BILATERAL INVESTMENT TREATY
Bonus Cases: Because NSDA (formerly known as NFL) also has a China resolution* this year, we have some cases from our NSDA Blue Book that we are planning to make available for NCFCA
13. HEAVY METAL THUNDER: THE CASE AGAINST STEEL TARIFFS
14. LET'S ROLL: THE CASE AGAINST TIRE TARIFFSFor "How do I...?" questions or questions about downloading, ordering, pricing, illegally copying, etc., please contact the
publisher at the website above.
For questions about content and strategy, PM me here.
*Debaters considering dual-affiliating will find many cases that overlap between NCFCA and NSDA this year, but be sure to read the NSDA resolution carefully. All NSDA cases will be topical in NCFCA, but some NCFCA cases will NOT be topical under NDSA's wording.
"Coach Vance" Trefethen