BLUE BOOK 2016-2017 STOA Edition
Blue Book returns for the STOA Agriculture/Food Safety topic.
- 12 complete (1AC + 2A backup) Affirmative cases and 12 Negative briefs against them.
- Topic background introductory material. History and current issues about Agriculture & Food Safety.
- Introduction to debate theory and strategy
- New format this year: 3 cases release during July 2016. The rest release during the season week by week.
Blue Book promotes high quality debate rounds by:
- Impacting Harms and Disadvantages. We ask, "Why is that bad? So what?" and we don't stop until we reach a real impact.
- Plan Advocacy / Solvency evidence. Someone besides the Affirmative team who says the plan will work.
- Credible sources, fully cited. No homeless bums or random bloggers.
- All factual claims evidentially supported. No assumptions, assertions, guesswork, or claims not supported by evidence.
- Careful attention to ethical standards for date citations, context, author's intent, proper use of brackets. Ellipses are never added.
Now: Printed book with introductory chapters on how policy debate works. Download 3 complete AFF/NEG cases (#1,2,3 below) + Agriculture/Food Safety topic background/history chapter
Week by week: The rest of the cases are delivered via online download.
Order here: https://monumentpublishing.com/mem/b-stoa/
Free sample case here: https://monumentpublishing.com/store/bb-samples/Case List:
1. SOBERING UP: THE CASE FOR REPEALING THE ETHANOL MANDATE
2. IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH: THE CASE FOR RESTRICTING FARM ANTIBIOTICS
3. DUST IN THE WIND: THE CASE FOR ABOLISHING WATER SUBSIDIES
4. ROBIN HOOD IN REVERSE: THE CASE AGAINST FEDERAL CROP INSURANCE
5. SOMETHING IN THE AIR: THE CASE FOR REGULATING CAFO EMISSIONS
6. FEAR ITSELF: THE CASE FOR THE SAFE AND ACCURATE FOOD LABELING ACT
7. WASTE NOT WANT NOT: THE CASE FOR SCHOOL LUNCH REFORM
8. WILD WILD WEST: THE CASE FOR PRIVATIZED CATTLE GRAZING RIGHTS
9. SWEET DEAL: THE CASE AGAINST THE SUGAR PROGRAM
10. LONELY AT THE TOP: THE CASE FOR MEATPACKING ANTITRUST POLICY
11. WAVE OF THE FUTURE: THE CASE FOR GENETICALLY ENGINEERED SALMON
12. NO FREE LUNCH: THE CASE FOR FOOD STAMPS/SNAP REFORMFor "How do I...?" questions or questions about downloading, ordering, pricing, illegally copying, etc., please contact the publisher at the website above.
For questions about content and strategy, PM me here.
"Coach Vance" Trefethen