homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Here we go again…
First a notice to everyone: If you know of skilled researchers who are not on HSD (i.e. nearly all of them cause we’re mostly alumni now), please point them in this direction. Ideally this could get disseminated to coaches/clubs who could make experienced students aware of the opportunity to get a jump on the topic AND earn some money.
Yes this is shameless begging from someone looking for marketing handouts. The winner of the "most referrals contest" can receive my gratitude by asking Dr. Srader for a box of his delicious cookies. Anyway here’s the spiel:

We're looking for researchers for this year's author team. If interested, please submit your application to cogdebate@gmail.com and include:

-Your name.
-Two or three briefs of sample research.
-Which edition you would want to work on (Stoa, NCFCA, or both; and whether this is a preference for you or a requirement).
-A ballpark estimate of how much work you think you could do over the summer (i.e., a few briefs, a whole lot of briefs... Whatever the case may be). Please don’t highball your estimate, besides it has nothing to do with whether you individually will get accepted.
-Whether or not you would use Factsmith. This isn’t at all required, but it will improve your research and make my editing so much easier.

We are especially looking for quality of sources, analytical depth of content, and an ability to see themes running through the literature and how they can combine to make an argument. We are not looking for cards that just say “X is a bad idea” and research that is focused on just finding a good article and then cutting as many cards as possible out of it…

Researchers will be expected to follow formatting and citation requirements and maintain quality standards for sources. This is a paid position, payment usually has worked out to a couple dollars per card.

"But I declare that Carthage must be destroyed."
Cato the Elder