Announcing COG 2015!
Website: www.cogdebate.comUPDATE: Stoa edition released!
For the seventh consecutive year, the acclaimed COG sourcebook is back! COG remains the first and only NCFCA/Stoa sourcebook to consist entirely of generic briefs.
We all know that cases evolve and diversify over the course of the season; case-specific briefs you get at the beginning of the season will likely be outdated by the end of it. Generic briefs, on the other hand, give you arguments that work against whole categories of cases, regardless of the details.
You can read the whole spiel on the website
, but here's the summary:
- Generics: COG consists exclusively of generic briefs, carefully selected and tailored for maximum applicability. You'll find few cases it doesn't have something against.
- Quality: COG uses only the best evidence from the best sources. In previous years we have had (statistically) some of the best sources of any sourcebook.
- Usability: COG aims for maximum pick-up-and-go ease of use, with clear tags, simple organization, and thorough explanations.
In 2010, debaters from around the country ranked
COG as statistically tied for Best Sourcebook of the Year.
Just so that it's been said, this is one amazing sourcebook! It was rare for Kevin and I not to use this sourcebook, and we never regretted using it in a round. There were so many times that Kevin and I either didn't have a brief or needed evidence for a point that wasn't covered in our briefs, and we would just pull out a COG brief. If you can only buy one sourcebook, get this one -- Amber Sivils (finalist at the 2010 Houston National Open)
Our team of elite researchers this year includes nationally-ranked debaters and professional policy analysts. You can read more about them on the website
_________________Abe bimuí bithúo dousí abe
- "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"COG 2016 generics-only sourcebook
- NCFCA/Stoa (thread)Factsmith research software
- v1.4 currently available (thread)Loose Nukes debate blog
- stuff to read with your eyes.