Training Minds Orlando, Florida Debate Camp is now open for registration. Full details and sign up here:http://www.monumentpublishing.com/florida2012
•Camp: Florida Debate Camp (+ optional day for speech training)
•Dates: October 4-8, 2012
•Included: Meals, lodging, tuition, and a t-shirt.
•Required materials: Blue Book for Team-Policy debaters, Red Book for Lincoln-Douglas debaters. Release dates are September 1 for each. These may be purchased at camp. (and you are welcome to use any other materials you want to bring as well)
•Extra Day: For only $50, come a day early for a day of speech lectures and training (taught by national title winners!).
•Lodging Upgrade: Hotel lodging is available for an additional $100.
•Vacation Option: Special family arrangements may be made to bring smaller children and turn this into a family vacation.
Price is $399, which includes housing, food and instruction - everything except books.
Camp will be LD and TP (using the NCFCA resolution for both) with optional speech day.
Additional features include:
- Well-known and experienced coaches with proven track records of success
- Instruction about the resolution topic and debate theory and strategy
- Practical applications and exercises to learn debate strategy, not just listening to lectures
- Practice and learn logical thinking; how to analyze an opponent's case or arguments and spot the flaws and respond
- Sessions for both novice and advanced
- Recreation time, fun in the sun
I will be coming to teach, and I hope to see you there.
Edited to correct the end date Oct 8 - it was updated on the website from whence I copied it.
"Coach Vance" TrefethenBlue Book
- the oldest and best selling homeschool policy debate briefsBlue Book AdvancedBlue Book MidSeason Supplementhttp://www.speechsupplies.com/