Jamie Silva and Tommy Silva are proud to announce the 2012 Quickstart Debate Camp, which will run from July 30th through August 3rd. [Check out our ad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu7TTZ18Yq0
] Since Tommy developed and organized the first camp back in 2008, the camp has garnered enormous respect for its unique fusion of high-quality teaching with a fun and memorable summer-camp atmosphere. Nestled in the lush confines of Uvas Canyon, the facilities boast a large lawn, a basketball hoop, a trampoline, and a clear, cold creek.
We’ve made a couple exciting adjustments in the camp structure this year. Jamie will be assuming primary leadership and lecturing responsibilities, with Tommy filling the Co-Director position. Grace, Susanna, and Maria, past products of the camp, will now take on more central roles. Our experienced and enthusiastic staff is ready to pass on its skills and techniques to the next generation of STOA greats.
Here’s what you can expect as a student at the Quickstart debate camp:
- Top-quality lectures from some of the most successful debaters in California NCFCA/STOA history. They will provide expert analysis of all the essentials of debate, including flowing, research, cross examination, speaking with confidence, refutation, and much more.
- One-on-one coaching from any and all members of the staff, on any subject and whenever you need it.
- Group games and exercises that build confidence and hone speaking skills in a comfortable and friendly setting.
- Thorough analysis of (and practice debating) next year’s policy debate topic, which is “Resolved: that the United States federal government should substantially reform its foreign military presence and/or foreign military commitments.”
- Assorted sports, dips in the creek, and many other entertaining activities.
- Great opportunities to get to know and become friends with your fellow camp members.
- Delicious snacks and drinks, many prepared by our own staff.
- Fantastic prizes.
And now the minutiae:
The cost of the camp is $300, although you can qualify for the early-bird price of $275 by signing up before July 1. Checks can be mailed to Jamie Silva, 5160 Croy Road, Morgan Hill CA, 95037.
The camp is geared towards those just beginning debate.
Students should bring towels (for the creek) and a lunch.
Students will be given pens and flow pads, and will have the opportunity to collect much more debate accoutrements by way of prizes.
Check out https://sites.google.com/site/quickstartdebatecamp/home
for full information on pretty much everything.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com