homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 4:25 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
I'm Weston McClain, a junior in high school and a debater residing near Eugene, Oregon, Region II. I'm trying to decide whether or not I will debate this year, next year, or not compete again. Because I'd like to compete again, I'm looking for a partner. I'm 16 and will be 17 in November.

During my two years of debate experience, I competed in Team Policy, Lincoln Douglas, and Parliamentary Debate.

My first year, when I competed in Team Policy, my partner and I:
-attained a winning record at the one round robin that we went to
-attained winning records, broke, won octafinals, and placed in quarters at all three qualifiers that we attended (6th at Inland Northwest, 7th at Oregon Trail, and 8th at the Washington National Open)
-With the exception of regionals, we ended up consistently beating and/or placing higher than four teams that qualified to the NCFCA National Championship in our region.
-We ended up 1st on the remaining at large.

My second year, in which I competed in Lincoln Douglas, I competed in one Stoa and three NCFCA qualifiers. During that year, I attained the following:
-3rd at the Oregon Trail Qualifier
-7th speaker at two qualifiers
-8th place at two qualifiers

I also competed in one Stoa Parliamentary tournament and placed 4th.
I thoroughly enjoy debate. In addition to my debating, I have an excellent political knowledge from various things including AP US Politics & Government as well as staffing with TeenPact Leadership Schools.

I'm looking for a partner that can attend 3-4 qualifiers, regionals, and hopefully nationals. If you are interested in partnering with me, please PM me or email me at westonmcclain at gmail.com.

Thanks!

Weston McClain

Post subject: Rylen Hersey- Region 8
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:20 pm 

Hi everyone!

My name is Micayla Hersey. Although I am already graduated, I am here to post a request for my little brother Rylen. We live in Georgia which means yay Region 8! :) He is 14 years old and has debated for 3 years. Although him and his former partner Caitlyn have not broken, they went 3-3 at every single tournament last year included the NC open! He could really use a partner! Pm me if anyone is interested! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:32 am 

So I'm more or less looking for a debate partner for my senior year. Anyone going to be in the Florida area?

10-11 | Folkert/Folkert | Verdict | R8
11-12 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
12-13 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
13-14 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
14-15 | Folkert/Porter | Arx Axiom | R8
15-16 | Doto/Folkert | Verdict | R8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:11 pm 

Masked Midnight wrote:
Hammy is a great debater and an even better guy; it should be considered an honor and a privilege to debate with him.

Seconding this! Hammy is a ton of fun (if you couldn't tell from his unique presence on this site) and he's a good friend. While I've never seen him debate personally, I think his national-level qualifications can speak for themselves.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'13
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '13-'14
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '14-'15
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '15-'16

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:57 am 

JustM.e wrote:
Masked Midnight wrote:
Hammy is a great debater and an even better guy; it should be considered an honor and a privilege to debate with him.

Seconding this! Hammy is a ton of fun (if you couldn't tell from his unique presence on this site) and he's a good friend. While I've never seen him debate personally, I think his national-level qualifications can speak for themselves.

Yes! I have had the opportunity of seeing Hammy debate, and he's definitely one of the best. He'll make a great partner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:52 am 

My name is Josh Tryon, I'm 14 years old and I'm looking for a partner in the GA-SC part of Region 8.

This will be my third year, last year me and my partner went 2-4 at all our tournaments, including the NC open. Pm me if you're interested.

Region VIII
Porter/Tryon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm 

Josh is an amazingly fun-loving individual. You'll certainly have a great time if you debate with him!

10-11 | Folkert/Folkert | Verdict | R8
11-12 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
12-13 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
13-14 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
14-15 | Folkert/Porter | Arx Axiom | R8
15-16 | Doto/Folkert | Verdict | R8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:39 pm 

Hey guys,
Any stoa debaters? I was wondering if anybody was planning on attending any of the 2 tourneys on November 13th. There's one in Atlanta GA and the other is in Annadale VA.

and gave me a firm place to stand.

Stoa NC

2012-13 Hackendorf/Smith
2013-14 Hackendorf/Herrera
2014-15 Hackendorf/Young

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:30 am 

So I know this is still quite early on, but I'm planning on doing TP this coming season, so I'm in the process of looking for a partner. A little background on myself:
- I've done debate for three years (two-and-a-half years of TP and one of LD).
- I'm a good researcher and brief compiler. Last year (Middle East year), I wrote or co-wrote briefs that beat strong teams.
- Full disclosure: speaking is not my strong suit. However, it has improved and I will be continuing to improve it.
- I prefer TP as a debate style.
- I love debate and am fully looking forward to working hard.
- Ideally, I'd like a partner with at least one year of experience and competent debating skills.

If you or someone you know would have any interest in partnering with me - or want more details about my debate career - you can contact me at: jed.jones77@yahoo.com.

"The unexamined life is not worth living"
- Socrates

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:58 pm 

Hello, everyone. I may be in need of a debate partner for the NCFCA 2016-17 TP debate season. Nothing is finalized, which is exactly why I want to cover all of my bases now, to have the best chance at finding a suitable partner. I am
-15 years old
-Male
-Going into my 4th year of TP
-In Region VI

Unfortunately I've never broken before (never gone worse than 2-4, never better than 3-3), which is something I hope to change this competition season. The qualities I'm looking for boil down to two things: someone that I can trust to make the arguments that need to be made, and someone who can go to at least two, preferably more, tournaments this year. It's also worth noting that I'm very invested in and very much enjoy debate, so a partner that shares my enjoyment of debate would be best.

If you're interested, want more information, whatever, you can contact me through my email, fortevanrivas@gmail.com