homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:55 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
I'm posting for a club Member.

Joe Doto is a first year NCFCA TP debater. He lives in Sarasota, Florida (Region 8). If you would like more information, PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

Edit: Joe will be able to go to any R8 tournament.

Last edited by Bennyboy286 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 am 
Kenya debate as good as me?

^And he's a very nice fellow :)

SDG.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:12 pm 

Gold Water's Ghost wrote:
^And he's a very nice fellow :)

true fact.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 am 
Bumble! Bumble!

If you're going to RMC and for some reason you need a temporary policy partner, I'm your man. (Or girl, whatever).

I'm sick of LD and I'm much better at policy, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:23 am 

Hey Everyone!! :)

This is a little early but my partner is graduated this year and I am left partnerless for next year.

This upcoming year will be my senior year. I live in Sharpsburg GA and have been in debate for two years. Because of my wonderful partner taking the time to teach me everything last year we have qualified to Nationals for the past two years. I hate bragging about myself so I will leave it at that. If any of you are interested just PM me :)

Thanks guys!!

Micayla Hersey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:44 am 

Silveradodream wrote:
Hey Everyone!! :)

This is a little early but my partner is graduated this year and I am left partnerless for next year.

This upcoming year will be my senior year. I live in Sharpsburg GA and have been in debate for two years. Because of my wonderful partner taking the time to teach me everything last year we have qualified to Nationals for the past two years. I hate bragging about myself so I will leave it at that. If any of you are interested just PM me :)

Thanks guys!!

Micayla Hersey

Micayla is a scary, amazing debater :) So you guys should seriously try to get her to partner with you. Forrealzies.

SDG.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:31 am 

So :) I am Posting in here again! Woohoo! I am still looking for a partner! If anyone is interested or knows anyone else that does not currently have a partner, let me know!! I would be very sad if I did not get to debate my senior year! :)

Just about me :)
1. Region 8
2. Nationals last year and the year before
3. Senior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:59 am 

Location: If you are looking for me I'm east of the moon and west of the sun. Good luck (ha)
^ First, Micayla is an impeccable debater and a darling person. She has a winsome and poised presence in a debate round, and she is smart to boot. We were both saddened when we realized that it was best for us not to debate together this year. :(

And with that in mind, I submit myself into this realm of free agent. My name is Julia Rose Childs, this is my 5th and final year with NCFCA Region 8 (1-LD 4-TP) I have competed in debate at the national level for the last 3 years. The Lord has blessed my partners and I with receiving Regional champion 2 years ago, 9th in Parli at NITOC and 7th at Nats this year. As for this year, my biggest desire in a partner would be someone who is willing to give back. So many people have encouraged, trained, and pray for me that being there for those coming up is extremely important for me. As for competition, this is my last year and I am a naturally competitive; so a partner who also loves debate and is willing to work hard, but knows how to have a good time would be lovely. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:23 pm 
Meeshmoosh

I'd just like to recommend both Julia and Micayla. They're both amazing debaters and even cooler people. :)

Bosh Bebb wrote:
What do you guys think about disenfranchising all white people? That could be legit, too. I think there's lots of advocacy for it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:29 am 

I'd also seriously recommend that anyone looking on this thread consider debating with Julia. We partnered for NITOC 2013 in parli, and while we weren't very familiar with the format of parli debate, her ability to think on her feet and think in terms of frameworks helped us do very well - she seriously deserves most of the credit for that.

Plus she's just a great person and you'll have a blast debating with her :)

SDG.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:42 pm 

Yeah, Julia and Micayla are nice people. I can't really add much to what's already been said.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm 

I've unfortunately not had the pleasure of meeting Micayla, but I can say w/rt Julia--
Masked Midnight wrote:
She is also an AMAZING speaker and very winsome -- basically judges adore her impeccable charisma.

My mom was talking about how amazing Julia is for weeks after she judged Childs/Lane at Nats. :)

Join Speech and Debate USA
[Avatar photo credit]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:08 pm 
Is now cool

Joining in- Julia Rose is an incredible debater. She's gorgeous, brilliant, has a true ability to communicate and has the kind of natural likability that I would kill for. I have a seriously hard time imagining her not getting to high outrounds at nationals this year. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:00 pm 

Location: If you are looking for me I'm east of the moon and west of the sun. Good luck (ha)
Thank you all so much for your far too generous commendations. :oops:

Just a not-so-quick note to say I no longer need a partner :), Soli Deo Gloria! I hope this praise report is an encouragement for all those looking for a partner this year: 3 out of the last 4 years I have started without a partner and without any prospects, each time God has effectively placed in my lap exactly who I needed and who they needed, in such a way that it showed God’s handy work and overwhelming love! This year my friend and I agreed to partner and were looking forward to a fun year together. But what must be noted is that neither one of us had peace about debating together. We rationalized(in our own wisdom) that there was no one else for us, this must be the person God want me to work with, so we shrugged off the trepidation and continued. But the Lord had other plans; He put on my heart Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all you heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submitted to Him and He shall direct your path." (what a magnificent promise :)). I repented for my lack of trust and my friend and I both agreed not to debate together, but that still left me without a partner, but not without a promise. God's word is true and God can not lie; what I did not know is that yet again He had prepared for me a more then remarkable partner in the new club we started this year, and if I had just been patient and trust Him fully, a lot of pain on my part could have been spared. So moral of the story: God cares and He has a plan, however this plan is not about us, but rather about His' glory and for our good. May the Lord bless you and your partner's year (who every they may be :)) with an overflowing testimony of His greatness and mercy! "Trust [Him] and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, then to trust and obey."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:20 pm 

Hey er'body. The Schvaneveldt portion of our team is not able to make it to the Huntersville practice tournament, and very likely, a few of the other qualifiers in Region 8. So I'm looking for a partner definitely for Huntersville, and possibly some other tourneys.

A bit about me: this is my third year of debate and my second of speech. I'm part of Upstate Area Debate Club. We haven't gone to Nats yet, but we did break at three qualifiers and Regionals last year (ended up getting 14th in the region. meh.). I got 5th speaks at Regionals. I seriously love debate and speech. I'm open to any possibilities; I'd prefer to partner with someone close to my experience level, but hey. At this point I'm desperate.

If you're interested in partnering with me for at least Huntersville, please PM me or email me at emilyelizabethrose1@gmail.com.

Thanks! <3

2013-2014 | Rose/Schvaneveldt | UADC | R8

Hammy wrote:
Like bacon on that sandwich, you can change me from its mediocre self into a vibrant living sandwich of ecstasy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:46 am 

Emily is a super awesome debater! (and person) ;) I'd debate with her if my partner wasn't so diligent at making it to tournaments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:30 pm 

Hello everyone! My name is Will Rose, and I'm looking for a partner this year that can attend most if not all of the region 8 tourny's. Just a bit about me:

Any of you that know me know that I didnt do so hot [i]last[i] year. Anywho, I failed to get the concept of debate until regionals of last year. So, with that in mind, I technically have a year of experience, and also I am technically starting out new. But, already this year I have gone 2-2 at a practice tourny... losing to the winning team, and Andrew Shelton. (Great case btw) So, I plan to ALOT better this year... But I need someone else to share it ;) I did speech last year also. Thanks everyone!

Email me at warose3@gmail.com for any questions!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:32 am 

Greetings,

My name is Daniel Thetford, and due to certain events at the NC national open that some of you may be aware of, my partner will no longer be debating this year. Because of this development I need to find a new partner, one that would either be signed up for Columbia, or be able to do the Jonesboro Qualifier in R8. I realize my chances of finding a partner this late in the year are slim, but this is my senior year, so I thought I would just put this out there, for anyone who may have lost a partner, or for any other LDers who might want to do TP. I am not sure what the logistics would be like for partnering with someone out of region this late in the season, but I am willing to explore that option.

A little about me. I'm a senior R8 debater from Charlotte area NC. This will be my 5th year debating, (Started back during environment year) more specifically.
1. Competed at regionals and nationals the last 2 years.
2. I am very much a second speaker type.
3. I take debate reasonably serious. I do about 5-10 hours a week on research and speaking practice.

If you or someone you know would be interested, you can email me at Macgyverthetford@gmail.com or you can get me through any other medium(Facebook, Google+, or a PM)

2009-2010 - SITH Simon/Thetford - CCofSE
2010-2011 - SITH Simon/Thetford - CCofSE
2011-2012 - THTO Thetford/Torve - NCFCA
2012-2013 - THTO Thetford/Torve - NCFCA

"Judge people are like M&M's"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:15 pm 

Masked Midnight wrote:
Guys, I'm going to be honest here. Daniel is a VERY SOLID debater. He works extremely hard and is very kind. I've debated him several times and have been impressed. If you are a semi-advanced/advanced debater and need a partner, you are making a mistake by not debating with him.

Really, he DOES work super hard and you won't regret partnering with him. He's a fantastic guy and a better debater. :)

Seconding, I was impressed when we debated him and Logan at the open. Very solid speaker and a quick thinker.

2010-11 | Freshman | Bardsley/King | IX | 13th at Regionals
2011-12 | Sophomore | Dovel/King | IX | Q'd to Nationals
2012-13 | Junior | Dovel/King | IX | 17th at Nationals
2013-14 | Senior | Dovel/King | IX | 5th at Nationals

Baylor University class of 2018

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:14 am 
Forerunner

Thirding. Daniel is a national level debater.

Liberty University

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next