homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:24 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Are you a team policy debate team (or the parents/coaches of a club) that’s trying to seriously compete for the 2011 NITOC Championship? Looking for an extra edge before and during the tournament?

If so, I want to help you get there. I can help:

-Strategize before your rounds (preparing arguments, adapting for judges)
-Preparing and researching evidence and arguments before NITOC (the sooner you contact me, the earlier I can start researching!)
-Scout opposing teams and prepare answers to the new cases read at the tournament
-I can also cover a couple rounds commitment in place of a parent judge, though I'm already registered to judge 10 rounds during the week (limited schedule)
-Anything you want help with, just let me know

Click here for testimonials
Peter Voell--HSD/Ethos Research Guru, HSD moderator, legendary competitor, general kingpin
Will stands on a level achieved by few others in high school & collegiate debate, with a mastery of theoretical argumentation and how to translate those ideas into persuasive concepts for judges of any level. A top-notch researcher, Will knows how to find the holes of affirmative cases and will give you cards to exploit those weaknesses. Reverse that, and you have a coach capable of making your affirmative as close to airtight as possible. His competitive success in both high school and college prove that his ideas work. Take advantage of any assistance you can get from this guy.

Collin Ting--#1 ranked Team Policy 2011 via SpeechRanks.com
Will was definitely helpful for my camp experience! He took the time to explain theory concepts i was struggling with and worked with me on them until i actually was able to re-explain and argue those concepts. I knew theory was definitely one of his strong suits and he delivered. Also, in terms of researching, the evidence he sent us and the arguments he thought of were excellent. In fact, at this point in the year i believe i'm still using a few of them.

Click here for experience
High School
-2 years of Team Policy, 2 national qualifications from CA
-Attended Ethos/PHC Debate camp ’08, CUI Debate camp ’08, and provided instruction at CUI Debate camps ’09, ’10, and scheduled for ’11.
-Member of the Rhetoric Debate Club (Jordan Carr, Patrick Shipsey, Frank Wyer, etc)

College
-NPTE Qualifier, ranked 41 of 965. National Double octofinalist 2011
-Partnerships with NCFCA/Stoa elite including Nicolas Townes (Kairos TP) and Joe Laughon (Channel Islands LD)
-Frequent quarters, semis, and finals appearances in college LD and Parliamentary tournaments
-Current competitor at Concordia University Irvine

Necessary details wrote:
Compensation: Negotiable. I’m trying to afford food for NITOC, so that would be the baseline with (probably) small upward movement depending on demand.
Timeframe: As soon as possible! The sooner I hear from you, the sooner I can start researching what’s left on your caselist and the sooner we can start planning your approach for the tournament.

God Bless,

Will Prier

Addendum: I'm actually totally willing and would love to help people at any level who're headed to NITOC, not just those who are expecting a top-4 finish. So really, if you want the help, let me know. I'd love to provide it.

NITOC 2011 - Personal & Team coaching (Team Policy)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]