homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:28 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:00 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
So we have a pretty legit plan inclusive cp that we ran against a specific case twice. The first time aff responded with straight-up arguements (i mean like evidence critiques, advocacy, solvency, significance, etc.) and we beat them. Second time a different team respond with a big thing on how cp's in general are not fair and hurt the "educational value of the debate" they even claimed in their last speech we broke the rules... :roll: We lost, it was an off round for us and I was not quite sure how to respond to this argument of being unfair and hurting educational values... :? How would you guys respond?

My soul thirsts for you oh Lord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Hillsdale might have a couple answers about that...

On the rules:
1. NCFCA has no rules except for speech time.
2. The aff arbitrarily making up rules is abusive to the neg, because they can claim that anything is illegal.
3. They crush any negative creativity, thus killing debatability.
4. The neg's only job is to negate the resolution. You can do that however you want, thus counterplans are completely legal.
5. Since its a PIC, the aff could make a pretty legit abuse/topicality argument. If you want to know how to argue that, PM me

On education:
1. There's no way to judge education
2. Turn: Arguments such as "they kill education" themselves are not educational. Because they're the ones who started arguing about education *they* kill education, not you.
3. Its more educational to argue competing policies to fulfill the same goal than it is to simply stand up there and say "uh-huh," "nuh-uh" for an hour and a half.
4. (don't actually say this unless you really want to go for it----I would never say it in college debate) Debate rounds are not about education. They are the manifestation of the education of your pre-round research. There is really no such thing as an "educational debate round."

Google it, we're the second link that pops up. We're pretty proud of that.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]