homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:48 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Affirmative help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:04 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
thehomeschooler wrote:
Halogen wrote:
When it comes down to a choice between letting the judge decide for himself what the important issues are, and treating the judge like a baby, I'll choose without hesitation to baby the judge.

That's how I feel, too. But the problem is that in R9 (remember, I'm new there so I'm just finding this out), judges don't like that. They think it's demeaning. They want to be treated like an expert -- which ticks me off because some of them need to be treated like they don't know much about a certain issue -- BECAUSE THEY DON'T. But you'll get marked down if you treat the judge that way... :(

You can definitely baby a judge without making them feel babied. It's called persuasion :)

Post subject: Re: Affirmative help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:33 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
andrewmin wrote:
thehomeschooler wrote:
Halogen wrote:
When it comes down to a choice between letting the judge decide for himself what the important issues are, and treating the judge like a baby, I'll choose without hesitation to baby the judge.

That's how I feel, too. But the problem is that in R9 (remember, I'm new there so I'm just finding this out), judges don't like that. They think it's demeaning. They want to be treated like an expert -- which ticks me off because some of them need to be treated like they don't know much about a certain issue -- BECAUSE THEY DON'T. But you'll get marked down if you treat the judge that way... :(

You can definitely baby a judge without making them feel babied. It's called persuasion :)

CAUTION: Tactic only to be used by uber-geniuses and psychology professors. :CAUTION

Just kidding...

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2