homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:26 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:11 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Four-legged tables is GumboSoup. I investigated her last night. I'm down with lynching her for inactivity/uselessness.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 am 

Anorton claimed #2 way back on page 3. If 5 is Gumbo, that means 6 is... Someone else. Who else hasn't claimed?

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:25 am 

As much as I love killing inactive players I don't think there is great reason to kill Gumbo. She is not evil probably and if she is she is harmless and if she is good she is harmless. I would rather kill a lurking anorton or one of the two players claiming the exact same power.

6 is Cybernknight based on process of elimination

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:46 am 

Wait, two claiming the same power? Who are they? And you may have a point about killing anorton. Except I think most players haven't been posting much. Anorton at least made that survey at the beginning. It might be a good idea to kill him, but I'm not quite convinced yet, there's plenty of time to switch, and killing Gumbo won't hurt us and might help. So I won't switch my vote for now.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 am 

ok so who do y'all want to lynch then? bc i don't think we should go for another no-lynch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:09 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

The Invisible Hand wrote:
I would rather kill a lurking anorton

Hey now! I resent that :P

I've actually been super busy with moving out of my college apartment, going to a wedding, and now re-packing to move up to DC in a couple weeks, so I've more-or-less been offline for this game. I'm not "lurking" by any intentional means, but I'm just not yet quite familiar with what I'm supposed to be doing. (Strategy-wise, this is kinda a weird game and I wanna think about it :P )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm 
I know not this "leverage" of which you speak.

anorton wrote:

I've actually been super busy with moving out of my college apartment, going to a wedding, and now re-packing to move up to DC in a couple weeks, so I've more-or-less been offline for this game. I'm not "lurking" by any intentional means, but I'm just not yet quite familiar with what I'm supposed to be doing. (Strategy-wise, this is kinda a weird game and I wanna think about it :P )

CLASSIC LURKER EXCUSES. BURN THE HERETIC LURKER.

I'm not being serious, if you couldn't tell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

Mr Glasses wrote:
anorton wrote:

CLASSIC LURKER EXCUSES. BURN THE HERETIC LURKER.

I'm not being serious, if you couldn't tell.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 pm 

Retracting no one voting abolish opening quotes

MRE is claiming investigate and has cleared a goodly number of players supposedly, but he didn't tell any of them that he had found them good. He also couldn't tell me who he investigated right away and had to wait to get on his computer. He could have easily just went through his rpms on mobile and figured that out or just remembered.

There are also two other investigate claims in this game. Evan and Brett are both dead and both claimed investigate and I believe them. 3 investigates would be a lot.

I'm open to counter arguments, but this to me seems to be our best bet.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 pm 

that works for me. unvoting four legged tables; voting abolish opening quotes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 pm 

abolish opening quotes, then.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 am 

Retracting no one voting abolish opening quotes

MRE is claiming investigate and has cleared a goodly number of players supposedly, but he didn't tell any of them that he had found them good. He also couldn't tell me who he investigated right away and had to wait to get on his computer. He could have easily just went through his rpms on mobile and figured that out or just remembered.

There are also two other investigate claims in this game. Evan and Brett are both dead and both claimed investigate and I believe them. 3 investigates would be a lot.

I'm open to counter arguments, but this to me seems to be our best bet.

Um, no. First of all, why should I tell someone I've cleared them? If someone I've cleared goes up for a lynch, I'll say then if I've cleared them. The fewer people know who I am, the fewer chances there are for it to leak out. But apparently only one was needed. Thank you, by the way. The last investigate who outed died immediately. Plus, let's not forget that debaters are not on a team. They are enemies. Less important enemies, but I don't want them to win if it means I don't get to. So why should I give them my information?

Furthermore, I'm really bad at remembering names and who people are. Most of them I didn't have a particular reason for investigating, so none of them really stuck out. I don't see how else I'm supposed to respond to this. I didn't remember. There's no way to prove that I didn't, but it's far from unreasonable. As for checking PMs... That was a bit of a brain fart. :oops: I know that's the typical argument here, but I seriously didn't think of that. I'm sorry my brain isn't cooperating very well, but it's true. I had a record, so I guess I was thinking in terms of that record, and missed the more efficient solution. I tend to do that.

Lastly, yes, there are a lot of investigates this game. Information is especially important this game. Even evil apparently had an investigate. I don't know why. I don't see why I should. All I know is that I'm an investigate, and two good dead people also said they were investigates. Given that, again, we don't necessarily want to help each other, I don't think it's too far fetched to say that one may have been lying(probably Johnny, since Evan correctly identified maranathaman), although I admit I'm not sure what the larger goal may have been.

But fine. I guess none of this is likely to convince you. Looking back on it, a lot of it is based on "we can't prove either way" so I guess it makes sense to kill me. Go ahead and vote for me anorton.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:40 pm 

It was magical. It was a miracle. Teenagers actually got together and did something. They decided to research a case that was claimed by a debater they were not-too-secretly not-too-fond of. Something was just... off... about him.

Mr. E. (Abolish Opening Quotes) was eliminated. He was Mafia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 5 (debate round) begins!

Send in your actions before the phase ends (regardless of when the update goes up) or they will not be accepted.

Case List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:46 am 
Hint hint peoples.

JustM.e wrote:
Mr. E.'s case (Abolish Opening Quotes) was researched and he was eliminated. He was Mafia.

The WIFOM is strong with this one ;)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:10 pm 

Often, as the tournament drags on, the energy level of the competitors dwindles. This is when the desire to rest and the desire to win are placed most at odds with one another.

Each competitor must choose for themselves which desire to fulfill.

The field narrows as another case is torn to shreds by a skilled researcher.

anorton (Babies and Bathwater) has been eliminated. He was a Mafia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 5 (speech round) begins!

Case List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 pm 

I've been blocking Nerdripper and I don't think there have been nightkills directed at debaters since. He hasn't claimed though, so if anyone knows his case I think we should vote him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 pm 

He's changing the world through an aff ballot I think

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 pm 

Changing the world through an aft ballot then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:09 am 

Changing world thru aff ballot

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:17 pm 

Hold up now, I was the very first to claim and post my RPM I'll do it again just cause...
You are a Debater.

Your case is Changing the World Through an Affirmative Ballot.

Your role is Eavesdropper.

Your power is Spy. This means that you can select one player, by name, each night. You will then learn any information said player received, or which events were the results of the targeted player's actions.

Yeah yeah. You should be ashamed. But life is so much more fun when you know what everyone else is doing.

Also Marina confirmed me and I was indeed blocked last night but there is no reason to kill me for that.

No one

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next