homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:58 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
lol this is what i get for trying to play mafia w/ a crazy schedule. at this point, i don't suppose there's all that much i can do. and my power is super boring anyways, so i'm not all that helpful for town anyways. but i'll still vote Evan for posterity's sake.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:18 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

Marina and Evan died.

Marina (The Troll) was evil.
Evan (Fist of Mod) was neutral.

We'll go with 24 hour phases from here on out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Mmk. Marina was maf, but the game isn't over. My hunch is there was a conversion somewhere.

Also as long as I don't get blocked this phase, I should be back, so :becool: Don't waste a block on me good and evil teams pls ;)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:56 am 

Evan is aliiiiive.
Hammy was attacked, but survived.

No story because I'm a bad GM and did this game when my life was super busy. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:27 am 

Soooooo... now What?

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 am 

Oh. Sorry. D5 begins now.

carry on :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 am 

I coordinated actions to try and test some things. (And no I am not randomly revealing powers)

Hammy: Protect Hammy(publicly the doctor before this point)
Gabe: Protect Caleb(Brett knew his claim)
SuperK: Kill Hammy(Brett also knew his claim)
Justin: Do x
Caleb: Block Gabe(publicly claiming block)
Maran: Investigate SuperK(publicly claiming investigate)

Here is what we know from that list of actions: Hammy has a protect and SuperK has a kill. Maran investigated SuperK and got a good result, this means either Maran is evil, there is a lawyer, or one of his earlier targets got converted. Last night evil either tried to NK Hammy and also failed or they were blocked or inactive.

I blocked Gabe last night so I would say he is our best lynch candidate, but we could also lynch Evan(which only makes sense if all the bad players are dead and only Evan is left and he has a wc that contradicts ours in some way). So I recommend against that though I am sure some will want to.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm 

Well, I'm obviously biased because I'd rather not die, but if you insist on lynching anyone, I think we should lynch Evan. Here's why:

1) There's no real evidence that I'm mafia. I was investigated and appeared good (and maranathaman seemed to indicate that his investigate was lawyer-proof). Furthermore, if you look at my history I've been nothing but loyal to the good team. If you're still not sure I'm good, go ahead and investigate me again tomorrow, and block me while you're at it if you're afraid I have a lawyer or something. Seriously, do it, I swear I'm good.

2) Apparently I was blocked last night, and no one died. It's a huge leap to suddenly assume that I'm evil because of that. We don't know what powers the last evil (or neutral?) person has in this game. Plus, even if there is a remaining mafia and he has a kill, he may have simply decided not to use it last night. Heck, that's probly what I'd do if I was in their position. It makes whoever TIH decides to block look guilty.

3) Evan has clearly lied about his RPM. In the first place, he should have won the game by now if his RPM was telling the truth, because it's now D5. But that isn't the only thing that's sketchy about him. There's something else I realized. Look at his RPM. He's claiming all these one time powers. And yet he was blocked three times from using his powers. Well, talked to anorton, and he happened to mention to me that if use a one time only power and you're blocked, the power is wasted. What does that mean? It means that either TIH is lying about having blocked Evan (which I highly doubt) or else Evan is lying about his powers.

4) Since everyone has been confirmed good and we still haven't won, how about we get rid of the one person that's neutral, who's also a known liar?

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm 

1. We have investigated everyone obviously something is off. A there is a lawyer, B Conversion, C an ability to come up good on investigates, D Investigate is lying

2. Evil has a nk I would think. Hammy and SuperK clearly both used their powers and then me and you both did as well. By saying evil did not use their kill you are accusing either Justin or Maranthaman as evil.

3. Evan has been helpful and working with good all game. If we didn't have another target I might say lynch him, but I don't really see the point. He's done his job and we have another candidate in you. If someone wants to make the case Evan is evil go for it, but ehhh.

4. I don't think you have shown how he has lied.

There have also been 3 protect claims in this game, Including Gabe's.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm 

For the moment because he is voting Evan and I would rather not have a one vote lynch cyberknight

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:47 pm 

Cyberknight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:35 pm 

Ugh guys I really am torn. Evan's stories do not add up. He claims several powers that make no sense (doibling someone else's power seems incredibly vague and hard to pull of as a game mechanic.) He made no mention of being resurrected after a kill, ans has only ever demonstrated a day kill as an ability.

Evan kept saying he had to make it to D5 to win, but he gets killed D4 (by some sort of thread bomb or Day Kill, I suppose? Orrrr even a convert-type thread-bomb?) But he's not even mad. Why? Shouldn't he have lost?

What I'm saying is this. Evan is a very powerful wild card at a point in the game where we don't need one. Oersonally, I think he might have been converted. But not sure on that. Either way, let's take him off the table. According to him, he's already won anyway.

Evan

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:02 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Gabe, please provide examples or direct quotes wherein I lied please. They're not there. You're making this up as you go along.

Andrew just informed me that I need to be alive by the end of day 5 to win. So RIP that reason to vote against me.

Furthermore, I literally just resurrected myself. What more proof do you need that I'm not making up my powers?? Shifting goalposts much??

Idk who to vote for right now. I'd have to study which powers went where more carefully. If SuperK1 does indeed have the only kill, then he needs to answer for why he tried to attack Hammy. I'm pretty damn sure a conversion happened somewhere, and I'll tell you it wasn't me. In traditional mafia play, conversions fail on neutrals anyway. Plus, why would Andrew allow a conversion of me, one of the most OP characters in the game, to evil?? There's a reason I'm third party guys, come on :P

Edit: Gabe, past loyalty does not matter at this point when a conversion has happened. We don't know when it happened, though Caleb and I have noticed a marked change in your behavior. FTR. Tempted to vote for you to tip the balance RN. You know what? I will, for now. Cyberknight. No hard feelings or OMGUS, just a vote for who I think is most likely to have been converted RN aside from SuperK1. I may or may not post a reads list later after more review of the thread and the action chain.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:05 pm 

I honestly don't know what to think. Anorton has refused to confirm whether my investigate is lawyer-proof, so maybe something's wrong there. I have a pretty good idea that there is a lawyer. Also, there are 3 claimed doctors. For there to be 3 doctors in the game doesn't sound likely. So I'm going with Cyberknight.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:15 pm 

Since I'm seeing a couple people say "I don't know what to do" with some pretty solid posts backing up decisions and there's some talking going on, if people want the phase extended to allow more discussion time, let me know. :) If not, this is your reminder that you have 7 hours left. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 pm 

If we kill Gabe and we are wrong, then we have potentially an evil evan on our hands with a dk and a nk and other powers. If the game doesn't end immediately. Which it could.

If we vote Evan and we are wrong, we simply have a maf who we can block at night when he uses his kill. And still a big numbers advantage.

Please vote Evan. I don't knoe any more than you guys do. But one mafia convert with a protect and a night kill is far less dangerous than a mega-neutral convert. We don't need Evan in order to win. But we can easily lose with him around.

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:49 pm 

The Invisible Hand wrote:
4. I don't think you have shown how he has lied.

Wow, what amazing logic.

I love how you just completely ignore my points with literally must mean that he was lying. He'd have won the game already if he wasn't!

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:11 pm 

Can we extend the day? There's just a lot going on, and I'm kinda bush.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:12 pm 

Lol busy. I wish we could just edit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:32 pm 

Unless I see overwhelming outrage at this, I'm extending the phase by 24 hours to allow more discussion.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next