homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:02 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

Home Schooled: Yes
Sorry guys. I've had a crazy week -- I'm headed up to DC in like 3 hours and have a conference paper deadline coming up in a few hours too.

The town grew restless; one cried out:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Brett died he was evil no one was surprised now we can move on :lol:

Johnnyw256 (The Cheater) was lynched. He was evil.

N4 begins now and ends in 2 days.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:12 am 

Wasn't a resurrect supposed to happen?

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:58 pm 

JustM.e wrote:
Wasn't a resurrect supposed to happen?

I'll confirm that regardless of whether or not one was supposed to, none happened.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:25 pm 

Due to a dearth of actions, I'm extending to tonight at 10PM EST. And I'll actually post the update at that time -- be surprised, be very surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 pm 

Being dead in mafia is really boring. How am I supposed to troll if nothing's happening? Make things happen so I can mock them.
Also, yes Johnny, I was slowly turning evil. I was exactly 49% evil at the time of my death, which is still good enough to show up as good in the update, but just evil enough that I decided to lie about a teammate. :lol:
In case you're wondering why I'm saying things, when normally dead people only get one chance to say things, it's because I have special permission from anorton to come back as a ghost to annoy you all, just so long as the specific annoyances are individually reviewed and approved by him. So brace yourselves, and hope this trolling doesn't make you lose. :mrgreen:

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 am 

I'm not super creative tonight; sorry for lameness.

The townspeople arose from their slumber, walked outside, and gasped -- things had happened tonight!

The town walked into the cottage of brando.2000. The poor soul appeared to have not moved once from his bed since the start of their time here; as a result, his muscles atrophied away to nothing and he died of starvation.

The Invisible Hand was attacked but survived.

brando.2000 (Clueless Newcomer) was modkilled for inactivity. He was good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 am 

So...this mean Evan should have won. Unless he was lying about his RPM...

Speaking of which, I find it curious that he hasn't apparently done anything this entire game besides kill someone. I'm beginning to wonder if we weren't being duped.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm 

I messed something up in the story; it is fixed now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:22 pm 

Well, even after a mod update, there's still no mention of Evan winning the game. And unless I'm much mistaken, it's technically D5 today. So that means Evan's RPM was likely lying.

I'm tentatively voting Evan unless someone gives me a good reason not to. Here are my reasons for doing so:

1) He should have won by now if his RPM is telling the truth.

2) The only thing he's done this game is kill another good player. He claims that he's been blocked from using his other powers, but we only have his word for it, and there's no evidence that his other powers even exist.

3) As far as I know, no one has actually investigated him and confirmed that he's actually neutral.

3) Evan has a history of claiming neutral and really being evil (I was in a game with him once where we were on the evil team and he did just that). In that game, he made the exact same excuse for his inaction that he's been making in this game: "I was blocked."

4) Even if Evan isn't evil, he could easily be helping evil.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 pm 

PS: I can't count today, sorry. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Cyberknight wrote:
1) He should have won by now if his RPM is telling the truth.

The title of this thread wrote:
Mafia Mafia [D4 ends 7/19 at 10:00PM EST]

anorton wrote:
Win Condition: You are neutral. You win if you are alive at the end of Day 5.

anorton wrote:
are alive at the end of Day 5.

anorton wrote:
Day 5.

;)

(IK you said your PS, but I just wanted to do that ;P)

Quote:
2) The only thing he's done this game is kill another good player. He claims that he's been blocked from using his other powers, but we only have his word for it, and there's no evidence that his other powers even exist.

Not technically true. Mafia attacked Caleb last night, and the vest I gave him saved him.

Quote:
3) As far as I know, no one has actually investigated him and confirmed that he's actually neutral.

Why waste an investigate on me tho...but I'm fine with it if you want to confirm I'm not evil.

Quote:
3) Evan has a history of claiming neutral and really being evil (I was in a game with him once where we were on the evil team and he did just that). In that game, he made the exact same excuse for his inaction that he's been making in this game: "I was blocked."

This is true. I have claimed that when I was maf in the past. But does lightning strike twice? Can I pull off the same strategy with you knowing full well what I did? And I keep getting messages from anorton saying I'm blocked, so... :P

Quote:
4) Even if Evan isn't evil, he could easily be helping evil.

To conclude, I feel out of the remaining players, the only people I don't actually know too much about are JustM.e (who didn't rolepm trade with me btw), SuperK1 (whom I townlean), and marinadelayne (who seems dazed and confused most of this game). I'd probably vote Justin because he seemed a bit cozy with Johnny earlier, but I'd have to go look at his posts again and make some reads before voting for him.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Ok, my mind is made up. JustM.e. Here's why. When reviewing this post, I noticed that despite the pretty convincing consensus that Johnny was mafia, Justin decided to vote for me.

Now, I'm not voting Justin because OMGUS, I'm voting for him primarily because of Johnny's reaction. Johnny immediately jumped onto Justin's analysis and used it to paint me as bad. Teaming much? We all know that Johnny ended up being the maf. Now if you still doubt me, you could say that he was bussing me, but I'd find that very unlikely due to margins.

With the margins we have right now, there are probably two mafia, two neutrals (myself and Sharkfin), and 6 town. With one mafia, one neutral, and two townies gone, that leaves 1 maf, 1 neutral, and 4 townies. Even if I am working with evil, and Justin is good, good can easily win this game D5 by letting me live so I confirm my wincon, and then lynching whoever is left that's unconfirmed (or lynching me, but tbh that's a wasted vote, as we'll see in a second). After Night 5, the margins would be one maf, 1 neutral, and 3 townies. By process of elimination, we can find out who's the last maf.

Say Justin is good. That means we'd have

2. Hammy (confirmed)
3. Cyberknight (doc, confirmed by no counterclaim)
4. marinadelayne (unconfirmed)
5. Evan (;P)
6. maranathaman (confirmed by no counterclaim)
9. SuperK1 (townlean)
12. The Invisible Hand (confirmed)

left going into night 5. Someone dies during the night, so by the day we lynch either SuperK1 or marinadelayne. I win day 5, which would confirm me.

Not to mention, I still have TWO RESURRECTS! So I can bring back Mr. E. and whoever may die N5 for even healthier margins. Provided I don't get blocked.

One last thing - speaking of being blocked, I've been blocked for two nights straight, and that would fit in nicely with Justin's obsession with me proving my power, but then claiming I'm scum because I haven't proven my powers.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 pm 

Marinadelayne

Lurking. One of three players not to be confirmed. Most suspicious of all those players. Evan saved me with the vest, SuperK seems good and has not given anything away. Marina won't claim a power.

Justin was investigated last night and appeared good.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:55 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Mmk so maranathaman investigated Justin and found him to be good. I doubt Andrew put in a godfather role for a two person maf team, but who knows.

Since Justin is probably good, I'll unvote JustM.e and vote marinadelayne because of general inactivity and bandwagoning. She's simply gone along with majority opinion most of the time, which is a decent strategy for an overly busy maf who wants to look like town. If she comes up good, then my little test I mentioned in my prior post can still happen, just between SuperK1 and JustM.e in that scenario.

Edit: Ninja'd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 pm 

Voting marinadelayne, for the reasons said above.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:09 pm 

marinadelayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 pm 

Evan
marinadelayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 pm 

Marinadelayne

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:59 am 

Marina <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:43 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I request we shorten the phases to 24 hours as endgame approaches. Unless marina is maf in which case GG.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next