homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 714 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
And, also, Evan has demonstrated that he's willing to work with evil.

I worked out a scheme with Mr. E and TIH where I would PM Evan, claiming that I'm evil, and see what he responded. His response indicated that he was either already working with evil or willing to work with evil. There's no reason to keep him around.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:12 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I knew that ^ would probably be used against me, but whatever. I'll explain myself now. :P

I've been working with [undisclosed good person] the whole game, and pledged to only use my powers when directed, in exchange for letting me live. Johnny claimed to be evil to me and asked me to help him. We both beat around the bush a bit but I sent him a rolepm with a partial power list, with the intent of getting as much info from Johnny as possible and funneling it to good.

If Johnny asked me to use one of my partial powers, I would still be able to use one of the other undisclosed powers I have for good's benefit, and claim a protect/block or something so my actions for evil would not go through.

Turns out it was a ploy by Mr. E. to try and have me or [undisclosed good person] out as evil, which is really weird, seeing as evil people usually know who each other are at the start of the game. But whatever.

Maf has no reason to waste a kill on me, but I have no reason to work with whoever they are, since any semblance of switching causes the lynch mob to kill me. I have been working with good the entire game and won't be switching, period.

The only thing I need to win is to be alive at day 5. Andrew himself has told me that it's a joint win condition; i.e. both good and neutral (or evil and neutral) can win together.

I'll be PMing some people my full rolepm, but still won't be posting it publicly for hopefully obvious reasons.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:
Mr. E. wrote:
I'll try to come back tomorrow with my definitive vote, but for now, I think no one is our best choice, for top secret reasons. Sorry.

How convenient. Tell me, if it's really true that he can help us, then why is it that he isn't willing to tell us how?

We can't simply take your word for it that Evan is worth keeping alive unless you tell us why. After all, for all we know, you could be evil and trying to ally with him yourself.

I say we keep voting Evan unless he explains how he can help us.

That is completely understandable. But here's my explanation.
I have a plan. I really wish I could tell you details, but I can't. Basically, we need to lynch no one, and see what happens tonight. On the next day phase we will lynch someone. I realize I'm being really sketchy right now, but Evan is cooperating over PM(there is a good reason why he's hiding his power), and I'm confident that next day phase we can lynch a mafia. We were gonna do a no-lynch anyway today. We're really not losing much by no-lynching, and next phase we'll know a mafia. The only reason I can give you to trust me is that this is a low-risk high-reward... Thing. If I don't tell you who to lynch tomorrow, you lose another day and night(which, again, you were already planning on doing), and then you'll lynch me. So... Either I give you someone to lynch or you lynch me. Guaranteed lynch tomorrow on someone who's almost certainly mafia.
More on Evan specifically, he claims that his plan was to get as much information as possible and funnel it to me and someone else he trusted. Regardless, another effect of this plan would be to determine whether or not Evan is working with evil. Depending on what happens next night phase, I will be able to show that Evan is either trustworthy, or working with evil, in which case we can lynch his contact, and threaten him with a lynch if he doesn't do what we say. If this happens, we will have a way for Evan to easily prove himself, that will help good immensely. If he doesn't do this, we'll kill him. If he does, of course we'll still have to be wary, but he'll have helped us a lot, and it's unlikely that he'll be willing to betray us after that. Or at all, really. WE'RE THREATENING TO KILL HIM. That's literally the only thing in this game he has a reason to directly care about. He knows we're willing to kill him, and mafia probably isn't. They will want to make the most of their every kill right now, and it would be a bad decision to waste one on a neutral while we get more information.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:38 pm 

Alright guys, good has been getting their act together behind the scenes. Unvoting Evan. The good team ringleaders have faith in Evan, partially because we have security against him in case he steps out of line. As such, we're hoping to remove the Lynch from Evan and place it on the "neutral" who we don't have any dealings or control with. Sharkfin. He's claimed neutral and has made no move to help us in anyway. This means he is either a neutral helping evil, a neutral causing chaos, an inactive neutral, or evil lying about their identify. Any one of these possibilities warrant a Lynch on Sharkfin and I would strongly urge everyone to vote for Sharkfin to be safe while the good team puts their master plan into effect (which we are doing).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:40 pm 

Lol. Was about to vote Evan but got ninja'd

Sharkfin. Sounds good.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:41 pm 

Oh. And unvoting No one.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:41 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I concur, all I've heard about Sharkfin has been nothing but sketchiness. Unvoting no one Voting Sharkfin

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:42 pm 

Sounds good.No one Sharkfin

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:45 pm 

Yeah. Evan explained to me what happened; he's in the clear for now. I think all that needs to be said has been said.

Evan
Sharkfin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:55 pm 

Here's a vote count so far.
Evan: Sharkfin
JustM.e: Sharkfin
Mr. E.: Sharkfin
Johnnyw256: Sharkfin
Cyberknight: Evan
maranathaman: Evan
SuperK1: Evan
Hammy: Sharkfin

Sharkfin: 5
Evan: 3

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:09 pm 

Evan, Sharkfin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 pm 

Time to jump on the bandwagon. Unvoting Evan, Sharkfin better say at least something, the vote has completely changed in the past hour.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:55 pm 

Btw I'm flying across the country tomorrow and don't get back until the 10th so please don't lynch me for increased inactivity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:03 pm 

Hammy wrote:
Alright guys, good has been getting their act together behind the scenes. Unvoting Evan. The good team ringleaders have faith in Evan, partially because we have security against him in case he steps out of line. As such, we're hoping to remove the Lynch from Evan and place it on the "neutral" who we don't have any dealings or control with. Sharkfin. He's claimed neutral and has made no move to help us in anyway. This means he is either a neutral helping evil, a neutral causing chaos, an inactive neutral, or evil lying about their identify. Any one of these possibilities warrant a Lynch on Sharkfin and I would strongly urge everyone to vote for Sharkfin to be safe while the good team puts their master plan into effect (which we are doing).

I'm not sure about this, guys...

Evan will win if he reaches day 5. And look at his powers...talk about OP. He could easily protect himself from good's night kill.

And yeah, we could always lynch him later, but later there will (presumably) be known or suspected evil people to lynch, and we won't want to waste a lynch on him.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:48 am 

i'm rather out of the loop. but it looks like Sharkfin is a good option for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 am 

Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
Tl;dr: I have game-changing information from anorton that directly implicates a player that I won't reveal unless I survive today.

Hammy's rationale: "Let's lynch Sharkfin because he hasn't helped us!" Gee, I wonder why I haven't helped y'all. Maybe because I was blocked night one (appreciate that vote of confidence, thanks) and anorton forgot to send me the result for night 2 until halfway through the day phase.

The Invisible Hand, and Hammy, by extension (they're teaming up at the moment for those of you who don't know) knew both of these things and are still leading a vote brigade. Seriously, why would my two excuses be "I was blocked" (easily verifiable) and "anorton forgot me"?

My power:
Quote:
“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

You are mind of the moderator. It would be great if this game you spend so much time dreaming up actually stayed around a while… anyway. You know all there is to know about the game; all the secrets and hidden revelations that have yet to be made.

Power: Each night, you delve into your thoughts to retrieve information about the game.
Win Condition: You are neutral. You win if you are alive at the end

The information I received will change this game, but I won't give it up if my life is on the line.

Evan does less good and is more dangerous than I am.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

I'm not gonna be able to close the phase at 10:00PM, as I have a paper deadline at midnight. (Yeah, I thought paper deadlines would be a thing of the past after I graduated college, but apparently not. :P )

Thus, I'm closing the phase at 12:01AM 7/7. (i.e. a 2 hour delay)

Sorry guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 am 

Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
Mr. E. wrote:
Basically, we need to lynch no one, and see what happens tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_lVSrPB6w

EDIT: also, I can post more fire memes than Evan can.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:31 am 

Sharkfin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:38 am 

As Hammy said, you have made no move to help good.
If you tell us, we might lynch that person. As it is, we have no reason to lynch Evan. He claims to be powerful, he's been helping the good team, why would we kill him? You say he's done less good, but he's actually helped the good team. You haven't from what I can tell.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 714 Next