homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:37 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 614 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:26 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Has investigate found a baddie yet? If not, we might wanna lynch no one again.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 pm 

I don't know, but there was someone who after I pointed something out found evidence that someone might be mafia, but since I don't want to get him killed, it's up to him/her if they want to mention it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:49 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Unless investigate wants to out themselves, I say we vote no one. No reason to kill anyone until we get a solid lead.

Maranathaman isn't confirmed by the kill attempt, btw. He could be a neutral, or a maf godfather, and his teammates issued a kill attempt to draw our attention elsewhere. I remember the mafs doing that in a game here once where they either tried killing the godfather (but it didn't work of course, they were doing it to confuse good), or they got the protect to protect their maf teammate. (Super risky but potentially profitable strategy)

Of course, Occam's Razor dictates that maranathaman is probably good and got protected, and I'm just throwing paranoid, random thoughts out there in the absence of a really good lead, but whatever. I don't see much reason for either doc or cop to out right now, but if the cop has a pertinent result to share, that would be helpful. Otherwise, I'd suggest just voting no one again.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:32 am 

No one.

I tend to agree with what Evan said. I want to point out that it seems the maf team would have little reason to "clear" one of their own via a protected attack for the reasons that:

1) They couldn't guarantee his protection.
2) They had no reason to believe he would be named in the thread.

So I think Maranathaman is most likely good. Like 95% chance. Unless something really weird was going on.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:26 am 

SuperK1 wrote:
This phase he said who was attacked, last phase he didn't. I'm not sure if that's relevant, but it might be worth noting.
I think that probably means that this time the target was protected, but last time they didn't send an action, or they were blocked.
Evan wrote:
Unless investigate wants to out themselves, I say we vote no one. No reason to kill anyone until we get a solid lead.
Unless we happened to think we knew a powerful, unpredictable neutral. ;) Evan
And I agree with the maranathaman analysis.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:17 am 

Agreeing with Mr. E, for now. Evan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:31 am 

Wasn't Evan offering the good team something though? I mean, I thought he was our ally...why are we lynching him?

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:35 am 

Cyberknight wrote:
Wasn't Evan offering the good team something though? I mean, I thought he was our ally...why are we lynching him?
I wasn't aware of any dealings between him and the good team. What is he offering us? Because if we don't know, and are just getting vague promises of helpfulness, that seems sketchy.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:45 am 

Mr. E. wrote:
I wasn't aware of any dealings between him and the good team. What is he offering us? Because if we don't know, and are just getting vague promises of helpfulness, that seems sketchy.

Good point. You know, to be honest I just want to see Evan's power. I want to know if it can actually help us or if all this is just a lot of talk. Also, since his win condition is that he has to survive to day 5, we'll probably have to get rid of him at some point if we want to win.

So I'm also voting Evan, but I'll change my vote if Evan tells us his power and specifically how he's going to help us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:47 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Vote's tied, but we got plenty of phase left. I'm PMing some peeps. It's understandable why either team would want me dead, and inb4 Hammy leads a vote brigade because I'm neutral, but once I feel comfortable sharing the full story (or enough to get the idea across in public), I think you'll realize it's not a good idea to kill me.

Edit: Rip vote being tied. 3-2 in my favor.

me_rn

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:52 am 

Mr. E. wrote:
Unless we happened to think we knew a powerful, unpredictable neutral. ;) Evan
And I agree with the maranathaman analysis.

Johnnyw256 wrote:
Agreeing with Mr. E, for now. Evan

Cyberknight wrote:
So I'm also voting Evan, but I'll change my vote if Evan tells us his power and specifically how he's going to help us.

Ok, and this is how the good side loses. Guilty until proven good-reason-to-believe (in mafia) innocent, heh? There is no pressure for the good-side to lynch anyone right now. Until we get a solid lead, no one.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:00 am 

He's supposedly told people his won condition and that he's a neutral with a good power (at least that's what I've gathered from reading the thread), but refused to tell his power? I'd say that's good enough to lynch, at least since there are no other leads.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:01 am 

Sorry :oops: , I can't believe I didn't notice Evan was neutral, so my argument doesn't stand. It would if he were good. Still standing by my vote though.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 am 

Thanks for the explanation [undisclosed player] that makes sense. Until Evan tells his power, Evan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:07 am 

Ok, so there's been a lot of PM discussion, and I'm voting no one. I think it's probably not a good idea to lynch Evan now, but discussion is still kind of happening. I'll try to come back tomorrow with my definitive vote, but for now, I think no one is our best choice, for top secret reasons. Sorry. Also, he did tell me his power but I'm not allowed to tell you.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:13 am 

I still think we should vote for him, but I'm not completely sure. For now, Evan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am 

I'm becoming more convinced that we should not lynch Evan. More details tomorrow, probably, but for now, I'm 90% sure we should let him live today.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:37 pm 

Evan is neutral? Say no more. Evan ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:05 pm 

Mr. E. wrote:
I'll try to come back tomorrow with my definitive vote, but for now, I think no one is our best choice, for top secret reasons. Sorry.

How convenient. Tell me, if it's really true that he can help us, then why is it that he isn't willing to tell us how?

We can't simply take your word for it that Evan is worth keeping alive unless you tell us why. After all, for all we know, you could be evil and trying to ally with him yourself.

I say we keep voting Evan unless he explains how he can help us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:56 pm 

Evan is too great of a risk that we don't need. We're ahead of the mafia, they haven't landed a single kill and we have Intel out the wazoo. There is no reason to risk all of this for a neutral who could jack up everything with victory conditions and whatnot that he's not telling us. Neutrals are loose cannon and shouldn't be used unless in great need. We don't need him.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 614 Next