homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:49 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 514 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:45 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

Home Schooled: Yes
Quick update since I'm taking forever: I'm putting finishing touches on the RPMs now; will probably have all of them sent by ~11:30pm (EST).

marinadelayne wrote:
i am v psyched for this haha. just like old times.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 am 

Everyone should now have their RPMs. Two notes:
1. The text is for fun; don't read too much into slight variations or weird character names
2. If you want a fake RPM for any reason, give me a name and a power and I'll write one for you. There are a couple players with roles whose names don't fit the general pattern for no particular reason, so it's probably best to run the names by me first.

Ok! Let the games begin!

N1 ends Thursday at 11:59PM EST. (This is a 3 day phase for the start; remaining phases will be 2 days each.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:07 pm 

I'm definitely evil. Y'all should probably kill me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:26 am 

Oh wow. Mafia games are happening. Kill Hammy y'all. You can't trust the coast guard.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 pm 

Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
Hammy wrote:
I'm definitely evil. Y'all should probably kill me.

I will henceforth communicate primarily using halfheartedly created and shoehorned memes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 pm 

Actually, I'm saying that I'm evil because it will make you think that I'm not evil, all while thinking that I am evil until you realize that I'm not evil.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:16 pm 

Hammy wrote:
Actually, I'm saying that I'm evil because it will make you think that I'm not evil, all while thinking that I am evil until you realize that I'm not evil.

Helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 pm 

Johnnyw256 wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Helpful.

<3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:38 am 

I have actions from 5 of 12 players; don't forget to submit by tomorrow night! :)

[Edited for clarity]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:02 am 

Night 1 Ends, Day 1 Begins

For some, mafia is a game; for others, it is life and death. Trapped in a fatal version of their once-fun pastime, twelve friends huddle around a communal bonfire in their village. After short, frightened discussions between various pairs, they each head off to their residences, hoping to catch a few winks of sleep in the dreadful night.

"How did we ever get here?” one thought to herself as she walked back to her cottage. "I thought this was all a game!”

As the townspeople sleep, evil prowls at every door. Noises and hurried scuffles are heard in the distance, but are quickly silenced. All fear for what they may see when they open their door--what new carnage awaits?

Nothing. Pure white snow spreads across the village, covered in footprints, but no one was harmed.

Dawn breaks; Day 1 has begun and ends on July 1st at 10:00PM EST. Cast your votes in red.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:17 am 

General notes:
[1] Submit actions, peeps! (If that's relevant to your power) Or, at least let me know if you're planning on not using your action that night. We got really close to 100% participation rate, but didn't quite make it.

[2] I sent messages to everyone who sent me actions (except people who told me to "do nothing"). If I told you that you used your action on somebody, that doesn't necessarily mean they received the effect of the action--just that your submission was received and processed.

Have fun! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:08 pm 

The Invisible Hand

So we were close to a 100% action rate, but no one died. It's highly likely that mafia submitted their kill which means that they either hit a protect or were blocked. The Invisible Hand has a personal vendetta against Brett and always makes it a point to try to kill him every game. Brett was protected last night and didn't die. Therefore, The Invisible Hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:12 pm 

So, right off the bat: He said there were thirteen powers, but there are only twelve players. At least one person has to send in 2 actions per night, and it's likely that at least one person is a townie, or has a thread bomb or something, in which case there are any least two people with double actions. It wouldn't surprise me if they were the two Mafia. The small number makes sense if they both have two powers. The problem is, nothing happened. You'd think at least one of their 4 actions would get through. But then this would also make it easier for all of them to forget, which I supposed is unlikely anyway. Anyway, we can figure this out more as we go along, but does anyone have any particular suspicions?

Well, that was a fast answer. Ok then. The Invisible Hand

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:28 pm 

Hammy wrote:
The Invisible Hand

So we were close to a 100% action rate, but no one died. It's highly likely that mafia submitted their kill which means that they either hit a protect or were blocked. The Invisible Hand has a personal vendetta against Brett and always makes it a point to try to kill him every game. Brett was protected last night and didn't die. Therefore, The Invisible Hand.

That isn't true. Hammy darling good try, but we all know that I luv Brettley. And we all know that I am also better than that. no one

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:49 pm 

Mr. E. wrote:
So, right off the bat: He said there were thirteen powers, but there are only twelve players.

I should clarify that post I made; I meant to say 12 players instead of 13 actions. That much was a typo. I won't comment on the rest of your post tho.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:59 pm 

It should also stand to note that The Invisible Hand shared with be before the game began that his initial plan of operation would be to get Brett killed off at all costs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:04 pm 

Hammy wrote:
It should also stand to note that The Invisible Hand shared with be before the game began that his initial plan of operation would be to get Brett killed off at all costs.

Because clearly I would tell you that then try to kill him on night one. Hammy is claiming a protect I guess because I know Brett isn't claiming that. Hammy knows I have been active and probably have the most info of any player so this seems like an effort to get rid of that.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:46 pm 

Man, it seems like every game I'm in people always want to recklessly lynch someone. Geez, you guys do realize that most deaths of innocents usually happen because of reckless lynching, and not because of the mafia? It seems highly dangerous to me to lynch IH just because of this theory. True, he could have sent in a kill and been blocked or something, but there are tons of other things that could have happened as well.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:26 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I tend to side with Cyberknight. I see no reason to lynch TIH on that basis alone. Nobody died, and usually it's a good idea to no lynch night 1 unless there's definitive proof of someone's evilness. Hammy's "accusation" doesn't cut it. No one

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:39 pm 

If Invisible Hand turns out to be good, we can just lynch Hammy. This early in the game, with an effective headstart on the mafia, I think we can afford to take this risk, especially since if it doesn't work, we'll immediately have a lead. Invisible Hand could have been relying on us thinking that he wouldn't be bad enough to do that. Of course, you can take this further and say that that's what Hammy wanted us to think, but I don't think either of them would go that far in advance. It seems too unpredictable. There are better ways to do it if they're gonna go that deep. I'm not saying he's definitely evil, but someone has provided a good reason for suspecting him, he hasn't provided a good response, and we can afford a mislynch. So there you go.

anorton wrote:
Mr. E. wrote:
So, right off the bat: He said there were thirteen powers, but there are only twelve players.

I should clarify that post I made; I meant to say 12 players instead of 13 actions. That much was a typo. I won't comment on the rest of your post tho.

And here I thought I'd made a breakthrough... *sigh*

I wrote most of this before Evan posted, so my question for you, Evan, is: Why is it a good idea to no lynch night one? Again, we can afford to mislynch. We're not losing a high percentage of the good team yet. I supposed it's also relevant to ask people in general what they think the split this between the good and evil teams. Unless there's a whole lot of bad guys, which I doubt, I really don't see much of a reason not to do this.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 514 Next