homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:01 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Cyberknight wrote:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
4. I don't think you have shown how he has lied.

Wow, what amazing logic.

I love how you just completely ignore my points with literally must mean that he was lying. He'd have won the game already if he wasn't!
3) Evan has clearly lied about his RPM. In the first place, he should have won the game by now if his RPM was telling the truth, because it's now D5. But that isn't the only thing that's sketchy about him. There's something else I realized. Look at his RPM. He's claiming all these one time powers. And yet he was blocked three times from using his powers. Well, talked to anorton, and he happened to mention to me that if use a one time only power and you're blocked, the power is wasted. What does that mean? It means that either TIH is lying about having blocked Evan (which I highly doubt) or else Evan is lying about his powers.

You clearly have his rpm but have failed to clearly read his win condition. If he sent you a different copy let us know. I never blocked Evan. We know evil has a block I was blocked night two. Evan says he was blocked nights 3 and 4. Evil blocked him because they were scared he would resurrect people that to me makes sense.

anorton wrote:
“God does not play dice with the universe”
You are the Fist of The Moderator. Mostly loved and sometimes despised, you have (possibly) expended much effort to make this game a reality. You really, really hope things keep going for as long as possible. It’s all up to the players, though… right? Of course not! You’re a more hands-on mod who wants people to have some fun.

Power: You have a collection of one-time-use powers: Night kill, day kill, vest (you may give this item to a player at any time; it takes one phase to arm), fake vest (you may give this item to a player at any time; when armed, they die), resurrect (x2), and double another player’s night power.
Win Condition: You are neutral. You win if you are alive at the end of Day 5.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 pm 

Well, at any rate, he's definitely lying about his powers, as I previously demonstrated.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

You haven't demonstrated ANYTHING Gabe, except a warrantless claim...it's as if you didn't even read my post. Please read it, but I'll have you know that
(a) my wincon is to be alive at the END

END

E N N N N N N N D D D D D D D D DD D DD D DDD DD

of day 5. So you'd best quit harping on that line of "logic" since you and I know you're just misrepresenting my wincon at this point.

(b) I just confirmed my resurrect, I had a daykill, I gave a vest to Caleb (which activated), and I doubled Hammy's powers, which he can confirm. I got blocked for two nights because maf obviously didn't want me to resurrect anyone. I've confirmed 4 of my powers...I repeat, how much more confirmation of my powers do you need?? Or are you just that desperate to kill me because you're the last mafia? ;)

One last thought. For anyone still on the fence, may I remind you that two confirmed mafs eagerly sought my death before they were killed? The same trend may hold here. I see Justin as a townie who's rightfully concerned about an OP neutral, but the only power I have left is a resurrect. Gabe, on the other hand, I see as a desperate converted maf who is wanting to kill me to make sure I don't resurrect anyone. Plus, it's super easy to blend in with town and beat up on a 3rd party, because townies like to do that too.

But we need to call Gabe's bluff. Either Gabe is the last mafia, and we win when he's lynched, or he's just a townie who's playing rather rashly, and I can resurrect someone next phase if he is good.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:
Well, at any rate, he's definitely lying about his powers, as I previously demonstrated.

You haven't demonstrated that. I don't understand why mafia does not have a block in your world.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:35 pm 

You haven't demonstrated that. I don't understand why mafia does not have a block in your world.

You clearly didn't read what I said. It doesn't matter who has the block. The point is that if Evan was blocked, then his power is used up. Unless he was lying about having all these limited-time-only powers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:01 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:

You clearly didn't read what I said. It doesn't matter who has the block. The point is that if Evan was blocked, then his power is used up. Unless he was lying about having all these limited-time-only powers.

My bad. I think Evan has said all his powers were gone other than the resurrect. Would not that mean he was' that helpful for bad? I mean if he resurrects Brett we probably know that he is up to no good.

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 pm 

My bad. I think Evan has said all his powers were gone other than the resurrect. Would not that mean he was' that helpful for bad? I mean if he resurrects Brett we probably know that he is up to no good.

Why would he lie about the resurrect unless he was up to no good?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 pm 

Invisible Hand tools me to attack Hammy, I think you can see that in his post.
Evan has said that his win condition is not mutually exclusive.
Evans win condition had not been fulfilled.
You're claiming a blocked power would still count as used, but we haven't seen proud of the conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:52 pm 

Whoops, forgot to vote.
Cyberknight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 am 

Cyberknight wrote:

Why would he lie about the resurrect unless he was up to no good?

He hasn't lied. He didn't use them because I wanted him to hold off on using them. You have just assumed that Evan used them and they were blocked, your assumption is wrong I think.

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:24 am 

Can anyone in this thread tell me why we should prefer keeping Evan in the game?

No, Evan is not a guaranteed threat. We may win the game with Cyberknight getting lynched.

But we may not. We may just kill a townie. Even if that's less likely in your mind, the idea of a victory this phase by lynching Cyberknight over superk just nking Cynerknight at night hardly provides any comparative advantage. Either way, we win.

But if we are wrong and Evan was converted somehow, or the game ends when he wins, or he just decides once he's one to cause chaos, then we are at risk.

There is virtually no risk in killing Evan now.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 am 

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be unlikely that he'd lie and say his win condition wasn't mutually exclusive, and the more I think about it, the less I want to take that risk, but I'm still not completely sure...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:48 am 

Exactly. Maybe he's telling the truth completely. But we have no reason to keep him around. He's nothing but a liability at this point. We can handle an evil Cyberknight if that's the case. We know nothing for sure about Evan.

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52 am 

Justin in your opinion is Gabe evil?

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 am 

I don't know. I agree he's suspicious. I'm not opposed to NKing him. But just in case Evan's WC is mutually exclusive, or he was converted, or he goes rogue, let's take him off the table. We can handle a final mafia. Not a rogue god-like neutral.

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:24 am 

I can night kill Cyberknight if kill Evan, I'm still not completely convinced that's the best plan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:12 pm 

So maranatha brought up a good point in PM, there are three people claiming to be doctors, me, Cyberknight, and JustM.e. it is INCREDIBLY unlikely that anorton put three doctors into one game, as such I firmly believe that one of them is maf. I've been confirmed and Cyberknight has had way more suspicion thrown at him than Justin. Vote Cyberknight so we can end this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:19 pm 

He hasn't lied. He didn't use them because I wanted him to hold off on using them. You have just assumed that Evan used them and they were blocked, your assumption is wrong I think.

I don't "assume" that. It's what he claimed. He claimed he was blocked several times from using his resurrection powers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:38 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I don't care if I die after today, because I'll fulfill my wincon. So kill Gabe, keep me alive, and feel free to kill me night 6 or day 6 to make absolute sure I'm not aligned with evil at that point, if the game is still continuing. If we have three doctor claims then one of them has to be maf. Lynching me at this point doesn't get town ANY valuable information.

Here's anorton's confirmation of my wincon - I only sent him one query about it.

Evan wrote:
:lol: IKR?

So if I win is it game over? Or can I win in conjunction with the good/evil team?

anorton wrote:
You can win in conjunction with either team. The purpose for me adding your role was to have an "autobalancing" feature to make the game last longer... but... :P

At this point it's he said, she said, my word vs. Gabe's word, but I'd tend to trust someone who's helped the good team all game vs. someone who's exhibited a marked behavior change and not very strong argumentation for killing me.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:50 pm 

It seems I'm not going to convince anyone at this point. I really hope everyone is right and Gabe is the last mafia and nothing unexpected happens. I think the safer play is Evan, but it's not unlikely that Gabe is simply the last mafia.

I can see how Evan would serve as an autobalancing feature. I thought it was a cool game design decision from the moment I read his RPM. I just... think we are safer without him. I hope I'm just being overly cautious.

Retired.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next