homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1114 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Evan wrote:
Agh, this is confusing. Andrew told me that I got blocked. This is really interesting, because I told SuperK1, Justin, Gabe, TIH, and Hammy my plans. One of them has to have blocked me or told someone to block me. Gabe is claiming a pretty hard role to fake claim.

...I'm not sure what you mean by this. You didn't tell me your plans. You told me you were going to resurrect Mr. E., which is the same thing you stated publicly for everyone to see. Evil could have blocked you to keep you from resurrecting him. They didn't necessarily know that you were going to kill Johnny.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

True, my bad. I was quickly looking through correspondence. I only told you about the resurrect, not the kill.

Wasn't really accusing you either; in fact, your role thus far has not been countered.

The point remains that I did tell some people that I was both killing Johnny and resurrecting Mr. E.; and that evil (assuming they exist) would have pretty good reason to block my actions last night.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:33 pm 

Cyberknight Johnnycake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:31 pm 

Evan wrote:
Actually Justin, I did confirm one of my powers. I killed Mr. E. at TIH's direction. Why would I claim to be a super OP neutral and then not have most of the powers I'm claiming?

JustM.e wrote:
But his powers make little sense and he hasn't proved a single one of them yet aside from his DK.

Jussayin I did caveat.

I'm not saying I'm fully convinced you're evil. It just makes sense that something is fishy in a game without Mafia NKs and you are the fishiest imo. Nothing personal. I think you're awesome.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

This is what happens when you mafia at work. :lol: Today's just not my day in reading comprehension I suppose.

Nah, for sure I get you. No hard feelings. It's surprising I've lived this long tbh with HSD usually being hostile to neutrals. I happen to think Johnny has more to answer for than myself, however, and needs to die, especially since my powers got blocked last night.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:48 pm 

I'm so confused...
Can someone summarize?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:28 am 

SuperK1 wrote:
I'm so confused...
Can someone summarize?

yeah so imma echo this request. i work during the day and sleep at night and basically don't have the time to read through this monster of a thread lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:35 am 

I can summarize what happened with me and Cyberknight, but I'll leave the Johnny vs. Evan to someone else (that situation is a little more complicated).

So what happened was anorton told me that Cyberknight was evil, so I posted it for the world to see, which led to an argument between me and Cyberknight, then anorton realized he misread and Cyberknight actually came up good, so I apologized and told everyone he was good, and Cyberknight and I are now cool. End of story.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 am 

It would be great if I could edit my post, but I can't so I'll just double.
Johnnyw256 wrote:
1. @maranathaman has anyone you've investigated turned up evil?

No, the 3 people I've investigated, Hammy, TIH, and Cyberknight have turned up good.

There is still the issue that I was attacked the first night. If there are no mafia, then why was I attacked for no reason? Would the mod (i.e. Evan) have a reason to kill me? What else could have happened?

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:21 am 

It looks to me like you were attacked the second night, not the first...unless I'm missing something.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:24 am 
Hint hint peoples.

PM'd explanations to Kenan and Marina

maranathaman wrote:
It would be great if I could edit my post, but I can't so I'll just double.
Johnnyw256 wrote:
1. @maranathaman has anyone you've investigated turned up evil?

No, the 3 people I've investigated, Hammy, TIH, and Cyberknight have turned up good.

There is still the issue that I was attacked the first night. If there are no mafia, then why was I attacked for no reason? Would the mod (i.e. Evan) have a reason to kill me? What else could have happened?

That is fascinating. There was a kill attempt on you, so there has to be a mafia team. Because as TIH can attest, I did not use my kill attempt night 1. I used my daykill on Mr. E. and my nightkill on Johnny (which was blocked).

It's worthy to note that Johnny has been consistently blocked since we started suspecting him, and no kills have gotten through. Which further bolsters my argument. He says to not kill him because we can just keep blocking him "even if he is evil," but lol desperation.

Also, I'd like to note I'm not the mod. I'm the "fist of the moderator," and Sharkfin was the mind of the moderator. Both of us together made up the neutral squad (I don't think there is another neutral out there), and we apparently both had separate wincons (ie we weren't intended to work together, but we could have). So again, there's little reason to kill me when we have someone who's 80% likely to be mafia in our midst.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:44 am 

Cyberknight wrote:
It looks to me like you were attacked the second night, not the first...unless I'm missing something.

Sorry, you're right, second night.

I really have to agree with Evan here. Mafia most likely exist, and if there is one, the evidence points to Johnny. I stand by my vote.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:33 pm 

Okay. But if Johnny isn't evil, and the investigatr doesn't turn up evil tonight, then Evan is next on the cbopping block, IMO.

Unvoting Evan
Voting Johnnyw

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:48 pm 

:(

Oh well. I talked to TIH about this already and I know he's told several good players what I told him so go ahead and lynch me. Best of luck y'all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:03 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

JustM.e wrote:
Okay. But if Johnny isn't evil, and the investigatr doesn't turn up evil tonight, then Evan is next on the cbopping block, IMO.

That's a fair assessment, however I will note I can still confirm other powers tonight by resurrecting someone. I'll talk to TIH about it but perhaps that might change your mind if I can do that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:45 pm 

Okay, it makes sense now.
Johnny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:10 am 

oh shoot. why did we have to suddenly make the day end at 10 pm ? XP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 am 

marinadelayne wrote:
oh shoot. why did we have to suddenly make the day end at 10 pm ? XP

if you want to vote for me, I'm sure Andrew will still count your vote. also, it doesn't matter either way :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 am 

Brett died he was evil no one was surprised now we can move on :lol:

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:38 am 
Hint hint peoples.

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Brett died he was evil no one was surprised now we can move on :lol:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1114 Next