homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 6:39 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:14 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Just a throw out, this is exactly why I do 24 hour phases.

10-11 | Folkert/Folkert | Verdict | R8
11-12 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
12-13 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
13-14 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
14-15 | Folkert/Porter | Arx Axiom | R8
15-16 | Doto/Folkert | Verdict | R8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:21 pm 

Has this game been abandoned?

10-11 | Folkert/Folkert | Verdict | R8
11-12 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
12-13 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
13-14 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
14-15 | Folkert/Porter | Arx Axiom | R8
15-16 | Doto/Folkert | Verdict | R8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 pm 

Location: I can't bother to think of something clever, so I'll just use something overused.
No, I'm sorry, I haven't had access to a computer lately. I'll really try to update soon, so if you could just be patient maybe a few more days, that would be great. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:12 am 

Location: I can't bother to think of something clever, so I'll just use something overused.
Everyone was confused. "What?" Said the leader of Bear Cult. "What?" said the leader of Ominous Cult, so baffled he had forgotten to be Ominous. "What? Said the Space Cult participant, who had no idea that the leaders were also saying "What?" This, of course, only confused the leaders more. What had just happened made so little sense, that I can't even explain it. That or it's late at night and I don't want to spend time making something up. One of those.

As I'm sure you're aware by now, there were complications last night. I may have to change things tomorrow to account for previously unforeseen complications. I will probably do more important stuff tomorrow. But for now, necessary update stuff.

New Eliminations:
Shadow Cult
Space Gummy Cult
Army Lizard Cult

New Cults:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:19 am 

Not trying to be rude, but are we just letting this game die? The silence has become rather deafening.

I have won things. No really, I promise.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:12 am 

I once again apologize profusely for my lack of activity. I should have sent out PMs a long time ago, because I have received precisely one action this phase. I think maybe it was unclear that it had started yet, but regardless, my plan is this: I will wait until tomorrow for more people to send in actions. During that time, if I get the chance(which may not happen), I will send reminders to people who have not sent in their action. Also during that time, if people are bored and/or want this game to end, they should post here or PM me telling me that. If enough people think it should end, it will end. I think the two most unfortunate causes of game death are cheaters, and mod inactivity. I am guilty of the latter, for which I once again apologize. But if people are bored, or just not really into it anymore, this is an open setup game, so I can run it again later. Especially since I am holding up the line, and there are people who are waiting to run their own games. With that in mind, if you're still, against all odds, ready to play this game to the best of your ability, send in your action. Otherwise, please say so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I guess the thing that would help this game the most is having you tell us when we are in a new cult, and how it was formed. I don't really have the time to trace where I am after each phase. I'd still like to see this setup play out if at all possible, although sadly I think most people have left this game for dead.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:40 pm 

Me too. I hope we can finish it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:22 am 

Evan wrote:
I guess the thing that would help this game the most is having you tell us when we are in a new cult, and how it was formed. I don't really have the time to trace where I am after each phase. I'd still like to see this setup play out if at all possible, although sadly I think most people have left this game for dead.

I don't think I understand. I do tell you when you enter a new cult. And I can't really tell you who converted you, because that would be confirming people's identities.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:36 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

Mr. E. wrote:
Evan wrote:

I don't think I understand. I do tell you when you enter a new cult. And I can't really tell you who converted you, because that would be confirming people's identities.

You can tell us who converted us, as that information may have changed by the time the night is over. If you're a cultist who was just converted and have no idea who converted you, you're alone in the world. :P If I have at least one (probable) contact who I can probe for information about my cult, then I won't just be randomly guessing who to try to convert next.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 pm 

Agreed. I don't seem to be making any headway as to who on earth I can even ask about stuff. :?

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:06 am 

I once again sincerely and profusely apologize for my lack of activity. As a GM, I have a responsibility to my players to keep up with this at least as well as they are, which I have not been doing. I wish I could say I had a good reason. I have gotten a few responses, but it doesn't seem like anyone was really excited for it to continue, and I really don't think I'll be able to keep up. I once again apologize [insert another word for sincerely and/or profusely] but I think it's best if we move on. The next person on the list can run their mafia game now. This game is officially suspended indefinitely. I say that instead of cancelled because if all the details work out correctly, we might still be able to continue this same setup. However, I'll be giving people a chance to join if they haven't, or drop out. Again, I'm so sorry about all this. If I remember correctly, this was someone's first game too. I really wish your first mafia experience could have been better.

I never know how to end these posts.

:Locked:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3