homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:03 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Evan wrote:
Demise is delaying because I won...I hope. ;)

I asked Hammy what gives and he's had a busy schedule recently so he hasn't been able to get to it :).

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:16 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Voice of Reason wrote:
Evan wrote:
Demise is delaying because I won...I hope. ;)

I asked Hammy what gives and he's had a busy schedule recently so he hasn't been able to get to it :).

Fair enough :)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 am 

It was a long fought battle. Only the epitome of evil stood against the epitome of good. Link had been preparing for months for this final confrontation, and he was ready. He had gathered the three pieces of the Triforce, and he used it. With the ultimate power he struck down the Demon King Demise and saved what little remained on Hyrule.

Hammy (Demise) died. He was evil.

The game is over.

The good team won.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:53 am 

RPM sheet (minus Demise, clicky)
Ghirahim:

"It's just the girl that matters now, and I can sense her here... just beyond this door. Yes, we plucked her holiness from her perch in the clouds, and now she's ours..." -Ghirahim

Ghirahim is one of two primary antagonists featured in Skyward Sword. He is a figure of authority in the land below Skyloft, and he thinks quite highly of himself, preferring to be called Lord Ghirahim. His main objective is continuously hunting for Zelda, in order to use her spirit as a goddess for his plan to resurrect his master, Demise.

You are Ghirahim. You are evil. Your teammate is X. (The Horde) You win when all good characters are dead.

Powers:
Lawyer (Night)- You may target one player. If they are good, they will appear evil on investigates. If they are evil, they will appear good on investigates
Hunt (Night)- (only useable when the Gate of Time is active) You may target one player. If that player is Zelda, the player will die. If the player is not Zelda, nothing happens.
Resurrect (Day/Night)- (only useable when the Gate of time is active and Zelda is dead) You may use this power to resurrect Demise.

The Horde

"Hear me, my hordes! The spell will soon be complete! The demon king returns! Until then, you WILL keep that whelp from interfering with my ritual. I don't care if the whole lot of you get lodged on the end of his blade. You will buy me the time I need! Do not fear him... Fear my wrath if you fail me!" -Ghirahim

Ghirahim summons the hordes of demons that are under his command, including all types of Bokoblins, Moblins, and Stalfos.

You are The Horde. You are evil. Your teammate is X. (Ghirahim) You win when all good characters are dead.

Powers:
Kill (Night)- You may target one player. That player dies. Caveat, this kill won't work on Zelda.

Link

"That's not much of a name, is it? How about I add a model number to your name like my friends have got? LD-Link-16...?" -Lanayru

There are many incarnations of Link, each possessing the Spirit of the Hero, with some of them being blood related as well. They are chosen by the Goddesses to protect the land from evil whenever deemed necessary.

You are Link. You are good. You know the identity of one good player, X. (Fi) You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Activate Gate of Time (Night)- (can be used when dead) If the Gate of Time is deactivated, you may activate it.
Revive (Night/Day)- (only usable when the Gate of Time is active) You may come back to life. Note: This power is removed if you are killed by the ultimate Triforce kill.

Fi

"I should provide you with my personal designation. Fi is the name I was given. I was created for a single purpose, long before the recorded memory of your people. I must aid you in fulfilling the great destiny that is your burden to carry." -Fi

The goddess Hylia created the Goddess Sword and Fi, an intelligent humanoid spirit who resides in the Sword, and gave it the purpose of assisting Hylia's chosen hero in fulfilling his destiny of defeating Demise.

You are Fi. You are good. You know the identity of one good player, X. (Link) You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Knowledge (Automatic)- Each day phase (for the first three) you will learn the location of a Triforce piece. (Courage, Wisdom, and Power in that order)

Zelda

"You are the chosen hero, and I, Zelda... I am the goddess reborn as a mortal." -Zelda

Princess Zelda is the eponymous name commonly given to the females born into the Royal Family of Hyrule. Each incarnation of Zelda has been shown at various ages depending upon which title they appear in.

You are Zelda. You are good. You know the identity of one good player, X. (Impa) You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Immune to Lynches (Automatic)- (this power only works when the Gate of Time is active) You are immune to Lynches.

Impa

"By all rights the girl should have fallen into our hands already. She was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away." -Ghirahim

As a member of the Sheikah tribe, the chosen guardians of the goddess Hylia, she is a loyal and dedicated guardian and servant to Her Grace in the Era of the Goddess Hylia.

You are Impa. You are good. You know the identity of one good player, X. (Zelda) You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Deactivate Gate of Time (Night)- You may deactivate the Gate of Time. Note: Zelda is vulnerable to evil when the Gate of Time is active but is vulnerable to lynching when the Gate of Time is deactivated.

Lanayru

"Hello there, Link. It looks like you've found a seedling from the Tree of Life, haven't you? But it's too late. I'm done for. I won't live long enough for the tree to grow large and produce the fruit that could save me. Cough...cough... It's such a shame. If I had the strength, I could sing you as many songs as you wanted. Cough...cough..." -Lanayru

Lanayru is one of the three elemental Dragons who protect the Surface, and appears in Skyward Sword. He was assigned to protect Lanayru Province by the Goddess, Hylia, and he has power over thunder.

You are Lanayru. You are good. You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Restore (Night)- (This power may only be used once during the game) You may bring one player back to life.

Eldin

"I'm afraid that eruption was caused by an explosion of my power. It looks like you were caught up in it. My apologies. The skies above this land should clear soon... You should go." -Eldin

Eldin is one of the three Dragons who protect the Surface, and appears in Skyward Sword. Protector of the Eldin Province, Eldin has the power over fire.

You are Eldin. You are good. You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Investigate (Night)- You may investigate one player.

Faron

"Those with manners address me as Faron, warden of the woods. I was appointed by the goddess herself. Though my current stature is less than, well, intimidating, shall we say, know that you stand in the presence of a loyal servant of the goddess!” -Faron

Faron, also known as the Water Dragon, is a character in Skyward Sword. A servant of the goddess Hylia, Faron lives in Lake Floria in the Faron Province, a region which she has protected since ancient times.

You are Faron. You are good. You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Protect (Night)- You may protect one player.

Groose

"Duh huh huh! Try not to drool on your shirt as you stare at this amazing superweapon I've been working on! I call it...the Groosenator! ... I don't care how beefy you are--you're bound to stumble for a few moments after taking one of my big bombs to the body!" -Groose

Groose is a character in Skyward Sword. He is a student at the Knight Academy in Skyloft and a personal rival to Link. Groose, Cawlin, and Strich have a reputation for being bullies. He commands a black Loftwing. He also has a crush on Zelda and is jealous of the closeness between her and Link.

You are Groose. You are good. You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Groosenator (Anytime)- (this power can only be used once) You may seal The Imprisoned.

Gaebora

"What?! The Triforce?! Yeah, never heard of it... Have you tried asking the Knight Academy headmaster about it?" -N/A

Gaepora is a character in Skyward Sword. He is the father of Zelda, the headmaster of the Knight Academy, and the owner of Mia. He is knowledgeable of the history and legends of Skyloft, and proves to be of invaluable help to Link during his quest to save Zelda.

You are Gaebora. You are good. You win when all evil characters are dead.

Powers:
Triforce Reveal (Anytime)- You may publicly reveal each Triforce piece once during the game. Note: You can't use this more than once per phase.

Triforce of Power

"For while the supreme power of the Triforce was created by gods, all of its power can never be wielded by one. Knowing this power was her last and only hope, the goddess gave up her divine powers and her immortal form." -Zelda

The Triforce is a sacred golden relic left behind by the Golden Goddesses, Din, Nayru, and Farore, once they finished creating the realm, which came to be known as Hyrule. The Goddess Hylia was tasked with the protection of this world and the Triforce.

You are the Triforce of Power. You are Neutral. You win if at least one Triforce piece is still alive at the game's conclusion.

Powers:
Double Vote (Automatic)- Your vote is worth 2.
Note: You don't have the Triforce powers. If you die, than your killer comes to possess the Triforce Piece that you are (or the lynching rule). You cannot hold a Triforce. Also, if The Imprisoned succeeds, everyone dies which means you don't win.

Triforce of Wisdom

"For while the supreme power of the Triforce was created by gods, all of its power can never be wielded by one. Knowing this power was her last and only hope, the goddess gave up her divine powers and her immortal form." -Zelda

The Triforce is a sacred golden relic left behind by the Golden Goddesses, Din, Nayru, and Farore, once they finished creating the realm, which came to be known as Hyrule. The Goddess Hylia was tasked with the protection of this world and the Triforce.

You are the Triforce of Power. You are Neutral. You win if at least one Triforce piece is still alive at the game's conclusion.

Powers:
Note: You don't have the Triforce powers. If you die, than your killer comes to possess the Triforce Piece that you are (or the lynching rule). You cannot hold a Triforce. Also, if The Imprisoned succeeds, everyone dies which means you don't win.

Triforce of Courage

Powers:
Demise just had a block and a kill.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:22 am 

Okay. So if we killed Mr. E. BEFORE Zelda died, then good could have won with the Tri-Forces. That's nice :)
That was fun!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:44 am 

Not with the Triforces. The Triforce victory cancelled either a good victory or an evil victory. That's why I couldn't just kill off Evan and Ben at the end, otherwise the Triforce pieces would have won.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:17 am 

(Play this track while reading this message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjoXEgCXj2s)

Hammy, thank you so much for running this game. It was incredibly fun. I'm a huge Zelda fan, and you ran this game magnificently. You were a great GM (and a worthy opponent).

Johnny and Mr. E., you were the most difficult Mafia opponents I have ever dealt with. The game of cat-and-mouse we had going on was fantastic. I look forward to working alongside you, and against you, in future games.

Evan, I had a blast working with you this game. The dynamic added by knowing one teammate for certain was incredibly fun. Props to Hammy for that.

Triforce pieces (mostly Sharkfin and VoR), I am so sorry that it became necessary to kill you to win. If I could have done anything to avoid it, I would have. But thank you for your noble sacrifices. Working with you in the limited capacity that I did was a pleasure.

All my allies: well fought, friends. Thanks for not lynching me and mostly trusting me :D. Many of you fell in battle far too early, and I regret that we were not able to save you. But know that your willingness to fight and die for Hyrule has saved us all. You are, and ever will be, heroes.

Good game, friends. Hyrule is safe once again. Farewell... until the Hero of Time rises again.

*End melodramatic music*

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:19 am 

Well. Typed a really long post. Like, a really long post(it was really good too). Then the computer just stopped and I lost it all. I was about finished too. So I guess I'll just have to summarize tomorrow. But it was really good. *Sigh* For now, thanks everyone for playing, and GG.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:22 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Hammy wrote:
Link had been preparing for months for this final confrontation

Me waiting for the end of this game had me like:

(props to those who get the reference)

Anyway, wow was that ever fun, my salt nonwithstanding. I need to learn to not get so salty over mafia :lol: Thanks so much Hammy for this amazing game! Ben, I'm so glad you were my confidant this game. We were a great team. :D Thanks for doing a lot of the heavy lifting Fi ;)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:58 pm 

I was a bit confused as to why Nerdripper was taken down by the Mafia. Did it benefit them? Ya'll probably should have given me a heads up beforehand. That's really what tempted me to switch allegiances, even though I had to die anyway.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:37 am 

So. My summary.

Johnny was an awesome teammate who got literally all my information, and here's the "Link" (I'm sure this joke has never been done before) to the spreadsheet full of information that he got, most of it before D3.

You guys were awesome enemies, and it was an honor to have you as my enemies. You deserved your victory.

Hammy was an awesome GM, and this is probably my favorite mafia game to date. Thanks Hammy for running it, and thanks everyone else playing for playing. GG everyone. GG.
Voice of Reason wrote:
I was a bit confused as to why Nerdripper was taken down by the Mafia. Did it benefit them? Ya'll probably should have given me a heads up beforehand. That's really what tempted me to switch allegiances, even though I had to die anyway.

'Cause Neutral couldn't win with anyone. I would have loved to work with you and win with you, since that would have practically guaranteed our victory, but it was not to be.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14