homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Wait... we're idiots! We need to lynch Mr. E. When we pressed him about being a mafia earlier, he responded by claiming he was part of another good "duo" comprised of two Loftwings (riding birds). He provided no RPM, no power, no confirmation of who his partner is. Just a claim. And now, it's come back to bite him.

There are only 8 players left in this game, including Hammy. Two of those players are Triforce pieces. Another two are Link and Fi. One is Hammy. That leaves three more. Of those three, one I know with absolute certainty is good, and is not a loftwing. The only remaining two are Mr. E. and SuperK1. But SuperK1 is claiming Groose, not a loftwing. Mr. E. cannot be telling the truth. I know the identity of every remaining player except SuperK1 and Mr. E., and SuperK1 was the person who revealed Mr. E.'s claims in the first place. Mr. E. is lying. He must be part of an evil duo, and we need to kill him. Mr. E.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:46 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

If Mr. E. is good, we should start to consider the possibility that Hammy is the only mafia left.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:59 pm 

anorton wrote:
If Mr. E. is good, we should start to consider the possibility that Hammy is the only mafia left.

Exactly. However, I firmly believe that there were three Mafia: Ghirahim, Demise/The Imprisoned, and The Horde.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm 

The Ginga Ninja wrote:
Wait... we're idiots!

yes :lol:

guys Hammy hasn't updated yet so, even tho it's past 8am, technically the night phase isn't over and you can't vote.

Quote:
Little Miss Jazzy (Faron) died. She was good.

HAHAAHAHHAAHA HAHAHAHHA HAHAAHHAHHAH IF YOU'RE GOOD DON'T TRUST EVIL PEOPLE LIFE TIP

And I guess this is my ADP! Wow! I promised I'd post things to help the good team in this, so ;)
YOU'RE GONNA LOSE!!! Just give up and accept it. That's my advice. GOOD LUCK AT LOSING!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm 

Johnnyw256 wrote:
guys Hammy hasn't updated yet so, even tho it's past 8am, technically the night phase isn't over and you can't vote.

Technically true. Get with the program, Demise.

My vote will still be for Mr. E. once the day phase begins. Unless I die. In which case, y'all should vote for Mr. E. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:45 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Don't gloat yet, Johnny. We only had your word to go on and I did post before her death that you might be lying.

Besides, we still have the upper hand on information. So get over yourself, because GOOD has won this time. It'll take a little time to get there, but it's a GG for us at this point. #Rekt

Also joining the "voting for Mr. E. but can't because Demise is derelict in his duties" train.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 pm 

I'm on mobile, so I'll respond to accusations later. But I think someone was confused about me saying someone was resurrected. I was referring to Hammy being Demise.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:05 pm 

Hm. Okay. I'll be voting him too once I can. Although we need to figure out who the other evil person is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:20 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

SuperK1 wrote:
Hm. Okay. I'll be voting him too once I can. Although we need to figure out who the other evil person is.

The last evil player after Mr. E. would be Hammy, and I already have a theory as to what we do to get rid of him. If Mr. E. is good then we just enact our theory to (hopefully) get rid of Hammy and it's GG.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 pm 

My bad, I forgot this morning on my way out to class.

The Triforce piece was plucked right out of its home.

Nerdripper7 (Triforce of Power) died. He was neutral.

The Gate of Time is open.

A day phase begins. It ends Friday morning at 8:00.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:23 pm 

Crud. Evil just got an extra nightkill.

On the bright side, the killing of a neutral gives us a little breathing room.

Mr. E. needs to die, unless he can provide a very, very good reason for having lied to us earlier. Mr. E.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:57 pm 

Ok, hang on one sec. I think we have *near* total knowledge right now, and we shouldn't be voting off Mr. E. right now.

List of Living:
Mr. E
The Ginja Ninja
SuperK1
Voice of Reason
Evan
anorton
Hammy

Note that I'll be presenting from my perspective, but if you can trust me then we should know quite a bit. I'm the investigate. I've been talking with a few people, and I have found that Mr. E, Ginja Ninja, Evan, and myself are good.
Mr. E
The Ginja Ninja
SuperK1
Voice of Reason
Evan
anorton

Hammy

If we operate on the assumption that Hammy is evil, then one of SuperK1 and VoR is the baddie. (Apologies for not realizing I had already investigated Mr. E.; I'm not keeping a spreadsheet this game.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:58 pm 

So, I will write SuperK1 until I get information to the contrary. (Just a random stab.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:13 pm 

SuperK1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:31 pm 

anorton wrote:
Ok, hang on one sec. I think we have *near* total knowledge right now, and we shouldn't be voting off Mr. E. right now.

List of Living:
Mr. E
The Ginja Ninja
SuperK1
Voice of Reason
Evan
anorton
Hammy

Note that I'll be presenting from my perspective, but if you can trust me then we should know quite a bit. I'm the investigate. I've been talking with a few people, and I have found that Mr. E, Ginja Ninja, Evan, and myself are good.
Mr. E
The Ginja Ninja
SuperK1
Voice of Reason
Evan
anorton

Hammy

If we operate on the assumption that Hammy is evil, then one of SuperK1 and VoR is the baddie. (Apologies for not realizing I had already investigated Mr. E.; I'm not keeping a spreadsheet this game.)

Okay, so it's your word against Ginga's. But there's no room for a second baddie, right(that's what I understood)? Somaybe Anorton's investigate was redirected? That's the only way I see that you guys could both be good with Mr. E. being evil.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:32 pm 

Mr. E.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:49 pm 

Thanks Andrew for looking into things. The trouble with your argument is that Johnny was claiming to have a lawyer power. Now, obviously we don't trust him all that much. But he had little reason to lie about his power. We are operating under the assumption that there were three mafia: Demise, Ghirahim, and The Horde. Obviously, everyone knew Demise/Hammy was evil from the beginning. So if Johnny did indeed have a lawyer (which would make sense), he would have been using it on the same person every time. Thus, we can't really trust investigate results all that much. I already knew you had investigated Mr. E. and found him good; you told me that earlier. But at this point, we know with 100% certainty that he blatantly lied about the loftwing claim. We know that he claimed to be part of a "duo," which was already strong evidence that he was evil. The revelation that his defense was a complete and utter lie is more than enough evidence, in my opinion, that he is a mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:35 am 

Mr. E.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:03 am 

The Ginga Ninja wrote:
Wait... we're idiots! We need to lynch Mr. E. When we pressed him about being a mafia earlier, he responded by claiming he was part of another good "duo" comprised of two Loftwings (riding birds). He provided no RPM, no power, no confirmation of who his partner is. Just a claim. And now, it's come back to bite him.

There are only 8 players left in this game, including Hammy. Two of those players are Triforce pieces. Another two are Link and Fi. One is Hammy. That leaves three more. Of those three, one I know with absolute certainty is good, and is not a loftwing. The only remaining two are Mr. E. and SuperK1. But SuperK1 is claiming Groose, not a loftwing. Mr. E. cannot be telling the truth. I know the identity of every remaining player except SuperK1 and Mr. E., and SuperK1 was the person who revealed Mr. E.'s claims in the first place. Mr. E. is lying. He must be part of an evil duo, and we need to kill him. Mr. E.

Fine. No, I'm not part of a duo. And I'm not a Loftwing either. I made that up. I read my RPM and, SuperK1 being my brother, asked him, in person, to trade, pretty much immediately. He said yes. Then, after thinking about it some more, I decided that, given my role, it would be much better to keep to myself this game(more detail about this later). But I couldn't just say "no, actually I don't want to trade". That would look evil(and we all know how well I've been avoiding that. :P ). So I told him I had a correspondent. Someone in my RPM, who I was talking to, and had decided that we were lying low this game. That was an excuse so I wouldn't have to trade with him. It was a mistake. I should have told him who I was, then told him not to tell anyone else. But every minute I waited was him getting more suspicious. I was getting stressed, so I just kind of acted. Then when I was suspected, admitting that I lied would have been more suspicious. So I kept it up. Once again, I really should have thought that through better. So here's the thing: I still don't want to claim in the thread. Especially if there's another possibility. Maybe you could ask me via PM? I know that sounds like I'm trying to buy time, but I reeeeally don't want evil to know who I am. I realize I've been suspicious. I completely understand if you want to lynch me. But please don't. ... I guess that's it actually. The only thing I could do to defend myself is to reveal who I am, and that's not worth it. So... Yep. Sorry I lied. Please don't kill me.
For now, SuperK1 because anorton's warrants.
The Ginga Ninja wrote:
Thanks Andrew for looking into things. The trouble with your argument is that Johnny was claiming to have a lawyer power. Now, obviously we don't trust him all that much. But he had little reason to lie about his power. We are operating under the assumption that there were three mafia: Demise, Ghirahim, and The Horde. Obviously, everyone knew Demise/Hammy was evil from the beginning. So if Johnny did indeed have a lawyer (which would make sense), he would have been using it on the same person every time. Thus, we can't really trust investigate results all that much. I already knew you had investigated Mr. E. and found him good; you told me that earlier. But at this point, we know with 100% certainty that he blatantly lied about the loftwing claim. We know that he claimed to be part of a "duo," which was already strong evidence that he was evil. The revelation that his defense was a complete and utter lie is more than enough evidence, in my opinion, that he is a mafia.

He didn't have little reason to lie about his power. That makes perfect sense. There are two things that can make you doubt an investigate: thinking there's no lawyer when there is, and thinking there is a lawyer when there isn't. It would actually make more sense for him to be lying about that than not, because why would he miss the chance to try to mislead us? Now don't misunderstand, it is qute possible that he was a lawyer. But we shouldn't rely on it.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:03 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Wait guys. My investigate came back with Mr. E. as good. Since this is endgame and we N E E D this final piece of information, and Mr. E. is stalling on us, I'll go ahead and share three things:

-I'm Link
-GN is Fi
-I got the Triforce of courage

If I can share that, then certainly Mr. E. can share whatever is so crucial for him to hide from us.

I investigated Mr. E. last night and he came up good. That was AFTER Johnny went down, so he couldn't have lawyered. There's the possibility that Mr. E. is a godfather/appears good on investigates but is evil. However, until we have time to evaluate his role claim, I don't think killing him is the best thing.

He keeps saying he's important to the good side. And though he looks suuuuper sketch due to his waffling and lying, we still have a day to root out the real evil. (Hammy just voted SuperK1 btw. JSYK.) We also need to consider the possibility that Hammy is the last evil and there were only two mafs. He only had two mafs in OoT, after all.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next