homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:27 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:32 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
I'm fully capable of processing votes without unvotes. K thanks bye

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:39 pm 

^^lollll and you call us salty

marinadelayne wrote:
Literally the only reason people are voting for me is that my boyfriend was killed. That's rather ridiculous. Y'all are basically creating your own lovers mechanic. By this logic, anytime a team of mafia want to be extra powerful, they just have to kill Andrew and I'm automatically going to be lynched (or vice versa). Voting no one.

Well, no. I mean sure that's a reason but I am personally voting for you because there's like a 66% chance* you're evil anyways, and that just pushes it up the extra 1%. I definitely wouldn't vote for you (or Andrew) (or anyone, really) for that alone... but in this game there's literally nothing else to go on and *somebody* has to be lynched. and I suppose that means kudos to the mafia team since none of you has slipped up.

*not really I know how math works but it's shorthand. I do honestly believe that there are two mafia in [marina, VoR, SuperK] not because you three are particularly evil but because there's a solid reason behind every other active person.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:05 am 

The Invisible Hand wrote:
I'm fully capable of processing votes without unvotes. K thanks bye

I'm probably using my day-lynch this cycle on Brett, I still have to check with the others so I may switch.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:28 pm 

Johnnyw256 wrote:
^^lollll and you call us salty

I called myself salty thank you very much. I have some great Dr. Seuss books to help with your reading comprehension issues. ;)

Per multiple pms and this being the weekend I'm extending the phase 24 hours. I promise this is not done solely to torture Hammy.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:41 am 

marinadelayne has died she was evil(Prepare for the crowing Brett post). jonahabarnes has also died he was good.

Night phase ends Thursday at 8:00PM or if all actions are submitted before then.

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:46 am 

My life was worthless. :) :lol:

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:28 am 

Brett died he was good

Next phase ends Saturday at 10:00pm

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:50 am 

Dang, I was really hoping this game was going to be exciting. But for whatever reason it just feels like it's dragging along. If anybody would like to make some big reveal or do something exciting to spice things up... that'd be great.

But being that I myself have nothing to add that's big or exciting, I'll just go ahead and vote. Of the three sketch people Brett pointed out, we've got SuperK and VoR left. Nobody seemed to mention VoR's very odd post earlier...

Voice of Reason wrote:
I'm probably using my day-lynch this cycle on Brett, I still have to check with the others so I may switch.

Yeah, so it seems like this is way, way too obvious to be an actual maf slip up. Like it must be a joke or something. But, since it's literally all we've got right now, I guess I have to vote Voice of Reason.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:55 pm 

Voice of Reason

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:25 am 

So I'm out of town at the momentand only have mobile and am not really able to access this much right now, but it looks like my earlier post is being examined. I'm haymitch, who's a drunk but can see the game from the outside, so I have investigate powers. The problem is they only work on every other phase and I was told I would act erratically at one point in the game. I didn't disclose my power or trade because the last time I did that and I had a power I as lynched early on. i'm assuming that one of the mafia had a cracker jacker power or something and used it after I had posted to edit my reply. I can't screenshot my rpm, and I'm out of town til Monday, but I can show my rpm then if you wish.
SuperK1 was the other suspect pointed to by Brett before he died, and his vote for me is little more than a guess to save himself. Therefore I am voting for SuperK1 (yes, i'm trying to save myself too ).

2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:07 am 

So Voice of Reason died and was the last mafia. So that is ball game. Congrats to the good team.

Thank you to everyone who signed up and played. Obviously this game wasn't all that I wanted it to be and I'll definitely use this as a stepping stone towards any future games I run. At the same time, I enjoyed interacting with all of you and seeing the various strategies that were used.

Activity was obviously an issue, but my setup wasn't particularly intriguing and didn't keep people engaged so that was equally an issue. And in general, the summertime is slow for mafia so hey we got through nationals and HSD mafia didn't die though this game may have been on life support. ;)

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:53 am 

Thanks for running it! Props for lasting through a summer game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:02 am 

I wish I could have finished it. Oh well. At least you finished yours on time. I still have major work to do on mine...

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:06 am 

Mr. E. wrote:
I wish I could have finished it. Oh well. At least you finished yours on time. I still have major work to do on mine...

I bumped Brett's game ahead of yours because he said that he's ready and you said that you're not. Y'all can work out who goes first. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:28 am 

Thanks for running this game! It was a little slow, but hey, I finally used my power and even though it didn't even matter in the end cuz of the vote, I killed the maf and everyone lived happily ever after. (I was Katniss, yo.)

Out of curiosity, was VoR trying to PM the GM or something? How did he accidentally write what he did in the thread?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:12 pm 

The Ginga Ninja wrote:
Thanks for running this game! It was a little slow, but hey, I finally used my power and even though it didn't even matter in the end cuz of the vote, I killed the maf and everyone lived happily ever after. (I was Katniss, yo.)

Out of curiosity, was VoR trying to PM the GM or something? How did he accidentally write what he did in the thread?

We had a kill stipulation where if I got lynched before hammy and Marina I wouldn't die, so I was hoping to out myself to save Marina for a cycle and that way we would get an extra kill. Unfortunately I didn't count on tlsuch a lack of activity, so it ended up doing nothing :D . I tried to make it interesting, but after Evan's lucky block night one it was tough for mafia to recover.

2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:20 am 

Honestly I was really hoping someone would try to get me lynched because I was unlynchable as Katniss, but unfortunately everybody just trusted me. Ever so boring.

It's funny, I saw VoR's post shortly after he put it up, and for some reason I pretty much ignored it and continued to vote for Marina. Then a couple days later I was like... wait why didn't I ever mention that? I guess it's lucky I ignored that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:51 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

G to the G, bros. Mafia be like: Block OP pls nerf! ;)

Caleb, good job with this game. I have run a summer game before and I would say you actually got lucky on this one. Mine pretty much died and I had to reset it to get interest again. Which didn't end all that well. :lol:

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:55 pm 

It would appear that membership to run a game barely exists much less fill a game currently. Perhaps we'll take a hiatus for the rest of the summer, any of the next few people on the mafia list are welcome to step forward and start their game, I'll be around, just let me know when you think it's time to start. (if it goes too long I'll open my game)

Cheers, loves.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8