homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

What Mafia game should I do first?
FMAfia first 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
All-Cult first 100%  100%  [ 6 ]
Just All-Cult 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Just FMAfia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 6
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:46 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Yes, I know, I just said I'm not ready and someone else could go first, but it would help me if I could get an idea of how many people would be in this. So sign-ups are open, but just to be clear, it's not ready yet. I will likely still be allowing JustM.e to go first, so no, I'm not trying to bump you out. Right now there are no limits on how many people can join, I don't think there are enough active people on HSD to be all the characters. So for now, we're using the philosophy of "the more the merrier"(although I reserve the right to kick people out if we actually get over 45 people)! So yeah, sign up, read the series in the time it takes me to set this up(so you don't get spoilers, because there will be spoilers), then we'll all play and it'll be awesome! I can almost guarantee you will get a character that is cool or good in some way or another because they all are!... Except that one. Anyway, join! As some game devs I know of are fond of ending their posts with: I'll see you in the fray!

Sign-ups:
1. Jonah.a.barnes
2. Cyberknight
3. SuperK1
4. Superstars111
5. Hammy
6. NerdRipper7
7. Evan
8. The Ginga Ninja
9. The Invisible Hand
10. Johnnyw256

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 pm 

in.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:49 pm 

in

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:22 pm 

IN!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 pm 

I'd like to edit a sign-up list into my op, but I seem unable to edit my posts. Mod powers plz?

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 pm 

I'll plan on being in.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:22 am 

I'm in whenever this gets started.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:25 pm 

I'd be in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:15 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

In, tentatively.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:29 am 

So I think I'm gonna need more people. As mentioned before, there are a lot of characters in FMA. As is, we have enough to pretty much make the evil team. I can cut out characters, and I suppose I could make this work, but I'd really appreciate it if I didn't have to cut out anyone in the main cast. You are signing up for later, so if you're busy now, that won't necessarily be a problem. If you've been considering joining but aren't sure yet because it's for later, could you say so, so I know what to plan for? Actually, I'm pretty sure this is all I'm gonna get, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:47 pm 

Kind of like Shayne, I know next to nothing about FMA, and what I do know I don't like. But I suppose, for the mafia side of things, I'd play.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 am 

ShaynePC wrote:
I would play but I have zero interest in FullMetal Alchemist as a series...

I will be explaining everything you need to know(and probably quite a bit more), I just didn't want anyone to get spoilers. If you're really not going to read it, it'll still be fine.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:12 pm 

In

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:18 am 

I'll probably be in for when it happens?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:27 am 

So, if you haven't been following the list of upcoming mafia games thread, you probably don't know what this poll is about. Basically, I'm wondering what people want to play. If you're planning on playing either of these games, please vote.

And now an explanation of both games, because I really should have explained FMAfia to begin with, and All-Cult definitely needs some explanation.

FMAfia (Concept)
A mafia game based off a manga that I have read. It's set in a world where alchemy is possible, and, basically, can be used to turn things into other things, without actually changing the molecular makeup. You can turn coal into diamonds, but you can't turn lead into gold. Specifically, it's about two brothers, Edward Elric(15 years old), and Alphonse Elric(13), who travel around Amestris (the fictional country it's set in) looking for the Philosopher's Stone. Ed is a State Alchemist working for the military (which automatically gives him some amount of fame(and a codename: the Fullmetal Alchemist("That's where the name comes from, isn't it?" "Yes, yes, you're very smart. Now shut up."))) so that he can get exclusive information from the military library, which he hopes will help him learn about the Philosopher's Stone. Al travels with him, being the voice of reason to Ed's hotheadedness and frequent bouts of insane rage. On a completely unrelated note, don't call Ed little or in any way insinuate that his height might be slightly less than average. Other than a few minor details, I haven't told you anything from after volume one. This is because I highly recommend it, and I don't want to spoil it.

FMAfia (What you can expect)
It won't be terribly complicated, nor do I think I'll bring much new to the table. It'll be relatively classic, but I do always like to throw in something unexpected. I don't really know what that is yet, but I doubt it will be too game changing. Maybe an item, a few odd powers, etc. It will likely be helpful to know the source material, but I'll be careful to make sure that you can play without it. Also, there will almost certainly be spoilers, in RPMs at the very least. I'll try to keep them to a minimum though.

All Cult mafia (Concept)
Everyone is a cult! In this game, everyone is a different color cult, and when one cult outnumbers all the others combined, that color wins.

All Cult mafia (What you can expect)
Chaos. Lots of Chaos.
Before I get started, all of this is subject to change, but the things that have this thing: * in front of it and brackets around it are especially uncertain. For instance, *[There will be a gummy bear cult]. That is a hypothetical that may or may not actually happen.
Getting into more specific mechanics, each color gets one collective convert *[that is sent in by the most recent member of the cult](BTW, another thing for you to expect is that I will use "cult" and "color" interchangeably. I'm not really paying attention to which one I use). *[That person will be told if that conversion was successful or not.] Regardless of whether or not it's a consistent person, that color will in some way be notified if it worked or not. If two different colors try to convert the same person, that person will be the color that is a mix of the two that converted him/her. For instance, if Red and Yellow both convert Target, who is blue, Target is now Orange, because that's what you get when you mix red and yellow. In this case, Red and Yellow would each be told that their convert didn't work, and Orange would be told that Target is now on their side. But Blue would not be told that Target is no longer on their side. One more thing: Everyone knows what color everyone else is at the beginning, since there's no reason to hide it. That's all the details I can think of for now, but if you have any suggestions(or complaints), feel free to tell me. If you even want to play it that is. Also, I just had an idea while I was typing that contradicts something in here, but it doesn't change the mechanics, so I'll leave it a surprise.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:54 am 

By the way, I voted All-Cult first, because it wouldn't show me the results until after I voted. So the percentages are going to be a bit skewed.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:06 am 

It let me see the results before voting. I c licked the view results button.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:28 am 

5/10 people have voted. Even if everyone else voted for the same thing, it would be a tie, which I would give to this one anyway. So All-Cult Mafia first wins! As indicated in my explanation post, I do still have a couple kinks to work out, but that shouldn't take more than a couple days. When I'm all done, I'll start a new thread for sign-ups into All-Cult, to make sure I know who's in it. In the meantime, suggestions by PM are welcome and encouraged.

And since this thread is completely pointless now, I finally get to see what this feels like.

:locked:

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]