homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:56 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1921 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Invisible Hand. As I said, I am the person who Mr. E. called Anonytact. I investigated Invisible Hand(as I was planning to last night, but forgot to send it in), and he came up evil. There may have been a lawyer, but if one of the "Big Three" has to be evil, it's him, considering Hammy's now confirmed good(and it's not me). If he turns out to be good, and he was lawyered, feel free to lynch me if you want to. I think it's very unlikely that he was lawyered.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
I told you last day I wanted to be investigated(before ya'll attempted to lynch me). If I was evil I would have clearly had myself lawyered.

Evan, who did you investigate and what was the result?

Until then I'll vote no one

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
So that you could use that as a defense? Maybe the person who was gonna lawyer you got blocked?

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
If I was mafia sure, but I would have lawyered myself. And you have no proof of a block. At this point I'm just waiting for Godot(Evan).

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Maybe you didn't have a block.

No I don't. But it's a possibility.

Also, there's still what if you just wanted to use the fact that you wanted to be investigated as a defence, and say why would I do that if I was evil?

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
I meant maybe you don't have a lawyer.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
The Invisible Hand wrote:
SuperK1 wrote:
Maybe you didn't have a block.

No I don't. But it's a possibility.

Also, there's still what if you just wanted to use the fact that you wanted to be investigated as a defence, and say why would I do that if I was evil?


Right but we know there is a lawyer. So it makes more sense for me to want to be investigated and lawyer myself
What if you don't have a lawyer? Then maybe you'd use this stuff as defense. And there's a block possibility even if you did have lawyer.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 pm 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1364
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
I investigated Sharkfin and found him to be evil. So the question is, which person was the most likely recipient of the lawyer? It's a coin toss lynch really since I mentioned both Caleb and Sharkfin as likely mafs. Perhaps they're both maf. So sorry, the Invisible Hand, but you and Sharkfin have to go down.

_________________
Evan Buck, LD Coach

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
I'd be more suspicious of Sharkfin personally if Mr. E. hadn't pointed out Invisible Hand, so I'm not sure. I guess I'll keep it on Invisible Hand for now.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
So I don't want to die so retracting no one voting sharkfin

My tiebreaker for those of ya'll on the fence goes back to the plan involving Brett and Hammy on N2. Sharkfin knew about the plan and still went ahead and redirected Hammy's power and cost us a chance to kill the evil night kill. He had the information and still acted in a scummy way. I encouraged him, yes, but I thought Hammy was the biggest threat at the time and I had no knowledge of the plan.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Me and Invisible Hand have been PMing eachother, debating about why we should kill who, and I'm starting to think that Invisible Hand probably was lawyered. I'm gonna say Invisible Hand Sharkfin. I don't know if this is a good choice, but he's convinced me.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 am
Posts: 71
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: at a liberal rally, probably
So... we're voting for Sharkfin? Yes? Someone text me if the vote changes or something, please.

_________________
| Region II |
| WSU '21 |


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:40 pm 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1364
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
Mind posting what you said to superK, Caleb? Because you might have been the one who got lawyered, which would make you good. The vote is going Sharkfin regardless but I want to hear from you on your innocence.

Also, Mr. E., I don't recall seeing your result.

_________________
Evan Buck, LD Coach

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Last night I investigated Invisible Hand and got evil, I thought I already said, but I think it was lawyered.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
Evan wrote:
Mind posting what you said to superK, Caleb? Because you might have been the one who got lawyered, which would make you good. The vote is going Sharkfin regardless but I want to hear from you on your innocence.

Also, Mr. E., I don't recall seeing your result.


Yeah sure. I think my earlier post in thread was one of my big points to him at least I tried to emphasize it, basically Sharky had inside info which should have influenced his actions but it didn't. I argued that it was unlikely that if I was mafia I would have not lawyered myself though it is possible the lawyer was blocked though there is no evidence of that. We went through different scenarios involving my death and Sharkfin's death and found that the worst possible scenario involved my death while the two most positive scenarios were similar.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
If you guys want I can post our whole PM conversation. Both of us were confused at some point, so it might not make a bunch of sense there, but if you want it...

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 2885
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
Alrighty, let's talk.

What we know:
1. Cashley has been wrong literally every single time on every single person he's ever accused. Let's see what he said about Brett and Hammy:
Quote:
Hammy and Brett our are main targets. Hammy has a confirmed investigate on him that came up evil and Brett was more than likely behind any coordinated lawyer attempt.


2. Did we forget about the fact that he COMPLETELY MADE UP A CONVERSATION WITH BRETT.
Johnnyw256 wrote:
My version of the conversation is that it didn't happen.
Cashley says that I claimed to be a serial killer (incidentally, that win condition is not the way serial killers work in mafia games) but I say that that conversation never happened.

Cashley's defense? (1) "he had some kind of vendetta against me for some reason." -_- Seriously? Brett's better than that. There's no point in holding personal vendettas from mafia game to mafia game. (2) Flipped affiliation. Again, seriously? He's actually asking you to believe that sometime in the middle of day 3 the affiliation was flipped. (3) "Why would I fake that conversation?" For the exact reason that he did: it worked. It was evidence that contributed to the fact that Brett was lynched. Congratulations. I don't know why this is even a question.

3. Hammy's plan made no sense. (Sorry, but it's true.) Let's review his plan:
- Act very oddly
- Counterclaim against n8, the actual Artemis
- The mafia would then try to frame Hammy by killing n8.

Serious problems with this plan: Hammy was highly likely to be lynched the next day--especially if he was lawyered. Why bother killing n8 now? You know there's something going on with Hammy, why take the risk? From the mafia's perspective, there's no reason to get involved with the dispute.

....unless you happen to know that someone is thinking about redirecting Hammy. And maybe you can get that person and Hammy lynched, and kill n8 while you're at it.

4. Cashley was the only person who knew about my redirect. Insert this into the reasoning above.

5. Other things that contribute to Cashley's guilt: look at his attitude through the thread. Making legitimate suspicions into "personal vendettas." The scorn with which he replied to the (clearly joking) proposition of adding Jonah into thunder's role. He claimed Brett killed himself by getting involved in the thread-- verbatium: "By posting he has caused his own demise." He took no responsibility for the mislynches, and yet has somehow completely evaded suspicion.

Both Cashley and I have come up evil. It's up to you to decide who is more likely to have been lawyered.

I vote the Invisible Hand.

_________________
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
- Henry Kissinger


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Okay, I am gonna post the PM conversations between me and Invisible Hand here. I know that someone(not saying who) already has some, you can share those if you want(Mr. E. that was the really long PM you've been asking about), I'm gonna share the rest. Just a minute....

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Nah, I'll post it all.

mod edit to hide conversation to shorten thread: clicky
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Trade?
SuperK1 wrote:
Sure. Any conditions?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Ehhh not really. Obviously I'd prefer you don't share it with a tone of people, but I'm not super powerful at least so far.


NerdRipper7 wrote:
Angus MacGyver :becool: :becool: :becool: :geek:
Description: A man who knows how to use his brains and creativity to get out of tough situations you are good
Win Condition: When evil is destroyed
Power 1: Create you receive a different power every night from the gm
SuperK1 wrote:
Cool.

NerdRipper7 wrote:
Annabeth Chase
Good
Percy Jackson's girl friend and daughter of Athena
Win when evil is destroyed
Power of Investigate


Can we share what we did last night and what we are doing tonight? Just to try to get more information.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Yeah sure I had a block I did not use last night because I had no targets and I can't be killed by evil tonight. How bout you?
SuperK1 wrote:
I investigated Mr. E. last night and got not suspicious(NerdRipper said that means good or neutral, aside from redirects or coming up as a different alignment than you actually are), and I'm investigating n8. I was one of the people Mr. E. was talking about when he said he had a couple investigates on the job.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Okay good I was pretty confident that MrE was good so that's good to know. And yeah that sounds good. MrE I think is going to investigate Hammy and I think Hammy is the more suspicious one so maybe you should investigate Hammy and he should investigate n8 because his investigate fails and yours doesn't? That is just suggesstion that would allow to hopefully get an evil result on a really suspicious player like Hammy. But that is just a suggestion that you two would need to work out I just think the stronger investigate should be used on the more suspciosu player
SuperK1 wrote:
Yeah, apparently though n8 claims that he will show up as evil on investigation. Mr. E. says that fits Artemis, but n8(or was it Hammy?) didn't know anything about Artemis Fowl they said, so if n8 was the one who didn't know about Artemis Fowl, he'd have to look it up to claim something like that, just make a random claim, or maybe he actually is Artemis.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Ohhh okay that's another reason to have you investigate Hammy because Hammy hasn't made any claims like that. I kinda think n8 maybe legit but he still needs to be investigated. I'm pretty sure Hammy doesn't know anything so it is doubtful he would have done something like that.

I recommend you investigate Hammy and mrE investigates n8 because that will give us the most information especially given what you said about n8s claim. But it is up to y'all.
SuperK1 wrote:
Hm. I doubt he'll be able to get on today to change his investigate... I dunno. I might.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Yeah it sounds like tbh that investigating n8 is a waste, because even if he comes up evil he has been honest about that. I just really want to be sure we know about Hammy, because no lynching again would be devastating.
SuperK1 wrote:
Yeah, I discussed it with Mr. E., and especially considering that we're not sure if he can get an action in on time, I'm investigating Hammy.


NEW TOPIC!

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Subject: Extreme Multiverse Mafia N2 Ends Friday

SuperK1 wrote:
I guess it does... Hammy.

What did your investigate say?
SuperK1 wrote:
It said he was evil. Don't tell anybody about me being one of the investigates though. Evil might try to get me out of the way.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I won't. I'm not sure if you should have voted first but it's good to know he's bad.
SuperK1 wrote:
I was saying that trying to say since n8 and Hammy both claimed Artemis, and n8 was good, probably then Hammy's bad. Unless he comes up evil on investigates and they were both good, but why would one of them lie then?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Oh okay. Well since he also came up evil he's almost definitely bad.
SuperK1 wrote:
Yeah. Just don't say anything about my investigating him. I don't wanna become evils target.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Okay cool. I won't. I doubt there will be debate but if there is I won't name you
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay. Are you planning to vote Hammy? Again, he might be good, I just don't know why he'd do what he did if he was good.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I will vote for him that's the best option. But I want to seem impartial for a bit.
SuperK1 wrote:
Good idea. I'm trying to gain everyones trust here at the beginning so I won't randomly get attacked.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Yeah that's a good plan. How much have you traded? Because you're pretty powerful at this point.
SuperK1 wrote:
Just you and Mr. E. No one else's asked me yet. I don't go out of my way to trade with people though.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Don't be so flip floppy in thread you have an investigate. That makes it 95% sure that he is bad unless he had a dynamic like n8s which seems unlikely.
SuperK1 wrote:
Message subject: Re: Extreme Multiverse Mafia N2 Ends Friday
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Yeah true. But bad wouldn't have targeted N8 unless hammy was bad it would have been better for them to let things play out. And I will. I'm working behind the scenes to back you up already.
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay. So how should I react to what?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Wait for Brett to clarify in more detail. I'm talking to him behind the scenes at the moment.
SuperK1 wrote:
Whoops, saw this after I posted. :(
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Your response was good so hey
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay, thanks. And did I seem too defensive in the thread? I mean in Avengers, I was jumping all over the place. Am I doing that again? I don't want people to think I'm evil because of that.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Not yet. A bit but not that much. I would allow things to play out for a bit now. I don't trust Brett he's claiming to be neutral to me now don't tell anyone that
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
If Hammy does come up good do you think we should investigate Sharkfin? I'd say Brett but he seems like the obvious lawyer target.
SuperK1 wrote:
He does... I don't know. Why Sharkfin though?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
He was working with Brett and Hammy seems to think he was the player that blocked him. We can talk more about all that after Hammy dies and we find out what is going on. I feel bad lynching him but it gives us the most info
SuperK1 wrote:
Same here.


NEW TOPIC!

SuperK1 wrote:
AH STEALING POWERS THAT MIGHT BE MR. E.S POWER HE CHOOSES BETWEEN BASICALLY ANY POWER WITH A 50 50 CHANCE OF WORKIGN AH
The Invisible Hand wrote:
There is a neutral claiming that power too.
SuperK1 wrote:
...Who?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I have asked him to trade with you. If he won't I'll send you his rpm and name but I'd rather he come forward of his own volition.

What do you think of Brett's post in the thread?
SuperK1 wrote:
Seems suspicious of him.

He sent me his power, that's it.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Wait who sent you his power?
SuperK1 wrote:
I asked Johhny if he wanted to trade, so we sent eachother powers.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Did he claim a kill to you or something else?
SuperK1 wrote:
2 use kill. But he said it in the thread right after, so...
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Okay that's weird. He taunted me about having extra powers and acted like he trusted you so idk why he won't tell you if he has an extra huh. I don't trust him
SuperK1 wrote:
Hm. I'm starting not to trust you as much, but I'm not sure yet.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Why not?
SuperK1 wrote:
I dunno, you're just contradicting yourself a lot and stuff. I mean, there could be reasons... Like why did you say you hadn't traded with anybody recently?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Wait when did I say that? Like i don't remember saying that.
SuperK1 wrote:
I dunno for sure that you did. I'm getting confused with what's happening in the thread.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Oh In those pms with Brett those are really old like from before I traded with you. I only began trading when I realized Brett was the only very active player.

The thread is confusing but I want to try and answer any doubts you have about me over pm
SuperK1 wrote:
Oh, okay.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
If you switch to Brett I will likely switch as well to prevent a tie but I want you to take the lead
SuperK1 wrote:
Hm... I say we do Hammy for now... I'm not sure though.


NEW TOPIC!

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Subject: Extreme Multiverse Mafia D3 Ends Thursday

SuperK1 wrote:
Wait, so what about Invisible Hand? He was suspicious to people yesterday,and now everyone forgot about him. Not sure what I think of him...


I'm assuming you investigated me?
SuperK1 wrote:
I was going to, but forgot to send it in. :(
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Dang it. I highly expect I would have come up evil I was literally the most obvious lawyer target ever.

I'm happy Evan investigated Hammy again
SuperK1 wrote:
Yeah, that was good. But you won't be the lawyer target this next phase.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Why won't I be? :lol: :lol:
SuperK1 wrote:
People will think you've already been investigated?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
That's true. Yeah I think it'd be good to prove I'm good once and for all.
SuperK1 wrote:
Although if you're evil and get a lawyer...
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Do you really think I'm evil?
SuperK1 wrote:
I dunno yet.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
That's fair. Maybe I should be suspicious of you because of the 7 other investigates
SuperK1 wrote:
How many?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Lol 4 at least plus maybe one more plus my power
SuperK1 wrote:
Oh.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
quite a few though
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay.


NEW TOPIC!

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Subject: Extreme Multiverse Mafia D3 Ends Thursday

SuperK1 wrote:
Uh... If Invisible Hand is evil, then how bad would it be if I happened to be communicating with him a lot and taking his advice and stuff?


Very bad. Don't trust me. Or at least know I'm suspicious according to some.
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay. Wait...
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Wait for what?
SuperK1 wrote:
AGH YOU TRAPPED ME! Now I have to either do what you say by not doing what you say, or the other way around!
The Invisible Hand wrote:
What do you mean? Lol I didn't mean to ttrap you
SuperK1 wrote:
YOU SEE?! You're so smart that you can trap me without even trying! *cries* xD
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I promise I didn't trap you :) :) :) :)

SHarkfin is the suspicious one
SuperK1 wrote:
How so?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
See in thread. Basically he knew of Hammy's plan, but he still disrupted it anyway. I on the other hand had no knowledge of the plan, but just had seen Hammy's weirdness in thread.
SuperK1 wrote:
Hm. I dunno.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I had less info than Sharky and he knew the plan but still stopped it. Why trust him and not me?
SuperK1 wrote:
I'm not saying I do trust him. Just that I don't trust you.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
That's fair
SuperK1 wrote:
Yup.


NEW TOPIC!

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Subject: Extreme Multiverse Mafia D4 ends Monday

SuperK1 wrote:
I'd be more suspicious of Sharkfin personally if Mr. E. hadn't pointed out Invisible Hand, so I'm not sure. I guess I'll keep it on Invisible Hand for now.


What about mre mad you suspicious of me?
SuperK1 wrote:
Um... Well I'm not sure I understand other peoples suspiciouns about you, but they mentioned reasons, and people agree, so that helped a teensy bit, and then the investigate, and you're stupid reasoning about things earlier(no offense, it's just that you're reasoning on why we should do stuff wasn't that good, and turned out to be bad ideas), and just in general the way you've been acting.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Brett was the main one to accuse and my in thread response after his death addresses all the issues. My reasoning was wrong but I am not sure I did anything super dumb but your doubt is understandable. I've been wrong but so has everyone else. How has my behavior been suspicious?

To you personally killing Sharkfin provides more information. If I'm good it just means there is a lawyer which wouldn't be surprising, but if Sharkfin dies and is good it tells you that either Evan is lying about his power or their is a lawyer. I trust Evan 99% but Sharkfin's death will confirm to you 100% that Evan is good and will allow for better coordination because unlike me you will be able to trust him.
SuperK1 wrote:
Okay, but still. And your behaviour wasn't particularly suspicious, just enough that I thought I'd mention it. And also there's still Simon's post about the Big Three, and you're the only one left other than me.

Nope. It doesn't.

IF:
Sharkfin dies:
Is evil:
Either there is lawyer or Evan is lying. Nothing gained there, considering we can't confirm which one happened(except that we gain one evil death).
Is good: We lose good person. Evan is most likely telling truth. Nothing gained, Evan already is most likely telling the truth.
You die:
Are evil: I'm mostly cleared. We gain that(and we gain one evil death).
Are good: We lose one good person. I'm less cleared and will probably die, killing one more good person. To you I may be lying about my power, or there is lawyer.

If you're good and die, the results would be worse than if Sharkfin died and is good, but also if you die and are evil, the results would be better than if Sharkfin died and is evil.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
My post about Sharkfin knowing about the hammy plan undermines the big 3 argument because it shows that Sharkfin also had inside information. I also didn't fully understand the big 3 link either.

I disagree a bit with your analysis if sharky dies and is evil Evan is virtually infallible and confirmed good that gains quite a bit for you because you can trust him completely and can coordinate better at night so that for example you don't target the same player.

From your analysis my death if good really damages our Side because you will probably be killed next and that's not a risk we want to take. Sharkfin if good means we kill me next and that I'm probably bad. So my death has a much larger downside.


Does all that make sense? I'm not sure if I explained it well.
SuperK1 wrote:
If you don't understand it, how do you figure that?

Nope. He could be a different character with investigate, lucky guess, asked someone else to investigate, who knows.

Only if you're good. If you're evil, it has a much larger upside.

It made sense yeah.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
From what I understand it has to do with knowledge about your investigate on N2 but that could be wrong. I think my point In thread about Sharkfin is good.

His rpm that he posted publicly says he is investigate there are no other investigates. If he was bad he wouldn't incriminate his teammate either. If sharky is bad Evan is good I see no way around that.

How so? You'll be safe but it doesn't really help the good as a team that much more I think.
SuperK1 wrote:
Oh, okay.

It says that there are no other investigates?? Evans?! Okay now I'm starting to lost you.

I gave you what reasoning I understood, I can post the related PMs in the thread and we'll see what the others think if you want.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Evan publicly claimed to be an investigate it makes sense given his character therefore if Sharkfin is bad than Evan is the investigate. If to are claiming an investigate like Evan is you can't ask an investigate to investigate another player because that looks sketchy.

It's up to you. I'm trying to give you stuff which makes sense my apologies if it doesn't.
SuperK1 wrote:
No. Not neccesarily. Why can't Evan ask a teammate to investigate Sharkfin if he's evil?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Because Evan publicly claimed the investigate if there's a player who is feeding Evan investigate results I'd be worried. Basically Evan claims the investigate and that he used it. Why should we doubt him?
SuperK1 wrote:
So basically:
There are two possibilities:
1: Evan's telling the truth which is definitely true because we're ignoring possibility two because you don't like it.
2: There's someone who's actually an investigate who's feeding evan info from his own investigate to help Evans claim.

Is that what you're saying?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I don't understand 2. If Evan is really evil why would a good player be feeding him investigate results I've never played in a game where evil has an investigate. Why do you doubt that Evan actually has an investigate?
SuperK1 wrote:
I'm not saying I doubt him. I'm saying you're saying we can confirm him based on the info that evil has no investigate.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I've played 20 Games evil has never had an evil investigate. Also if Evan was evil he wouldn't be selling out his teammate.
SuperK1 wrote:
Nerdripper's new. He doesn't know it's unusual, and he's probably just as likely to put it in as not. And whaddya mean by the second sentence?
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Fair enough. Usually game managers put in powers that help the side that has them and an investigate does not help bad because they already know their teammates and who is good.

Let's assume Evan is evil and manipulating the investigate to give him results or making results up. If that is the case he wouldn't make up results that would incriminate Sharkfin(this assumes Sharkfin dies and is evil) because he wouldn't want to lynch one of his own.
SuperK1 wrote:
Yeah, you've convinced me. I changed my vote.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Yay!!! If you have more questions just let me know :)
SuperK1 wrote:
:) We'll see how it goes.


That's all of it. I think.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
1. Cashley is wrong
Cashley was reporting that he had an investigate on Hammy which said he was evil you know as well as I do that evil investigate result=lynch. I was clear that I believed Hammy, but as Hammy said himself lynching gave him us more information. Hammy was pretty clearly set up and at the time it appeared that Brett was the only one who had enough info to do so. Actually you had enough info too but I didn't know that yet.

2. Faked Conversation
Riddle me this batman why would I have faked that conversation? I wanted to lynch Hammy not Brett faking that conversation was literally the most counter productive thing I could do. I mean seriously give me an answer as to how that fake conversation makes any sense form the perspective of a mafia Cashley. I was pretty clearly trying to lynch Hammy as I said multiple times Brett claimed better powers than Hammy and we as the good team were better off with Hammy dead because it gave us more information including about the validity of the investigate.

3. Hammy's not dumb
n8 claimed to me to have traded with at least a few other players including Gabe(so Gabe said when I asked him who he traded with) so his power was well known. n8 was op he had an investigate where he could combine lines of different rpms and have the gm confirm the validity of each separate line so literally he had 4 investigates per phase. I can post the rpm in thread if you want proof of that. So mafia wanted to kill him because he was op. Hammy having traded with n8(I believe this but am not 100% sure) knew this and took advantage of the situation to try and use his power to kill mafia. The plan made sense and almost worked except someone with first hand knowledge of the plan still disrupted it. hmm sounds sketchy.

4. Redirect
Besides your teammates but I digress.
5.Made up evidence
I didn't fake that conversation from my perspective Brett's actions seem bizarre Idk what you expect me to do. Scorn? Seems harsh. Mafia is about balance if the gm had added Jonah to sons of thunders role we would have had a confirmed player with a confirmed power. The random role proposition made sense Im sorry it got vetoed(the fact we had a vote shows it wasn't a joke fyi). Brett admitted to causing his own demise in thread so hey I was right. And I'm pretty sure this doesn't count as evading suspicious you are just more sketchy because of your direct knowledge of Hammy's plan and the fact if I was a decent player I would have lawyered myself if I was evil.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1921 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited