homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
Neither do I. But sure. IIWAC investigated sons_of_thunder and got a result of good.

Johnnyw256 wrote:
(b) I doubt many people have been having PM conversations, but if you have (specifically with Cyberknight), plz share
(c) Under what circumstances should the sheriff reveal his or her identity?
(d) Under what circumstances should the doctor reveal his or her identity?
(e) Do you think we should no lynch today, and if so, why?


I have not PMed anyone about this game.
I don't know.
I don't know.
I think we should no lynch today(MAYBE) because it's more likely to hit a goodie than a maf. Maybe wait until someone seems a bit more sketchy. But this also gives maf more time to make our numbers go down.

ALSO: This is my first Classic Mafia game. I didn't think that Eff was really sketchy, I was just throwing out random opinions, hopefully making someone realize someone was maf or something. I also don't think Cyberknights death makes Eff any more sketchy. I don't really think she's sketchy. Of course I can't find anyone who's particularly sketchy. f course that's probably just me.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 am
Posts: 158
Home Schooled: Yes
SuperK1. I disagree with you about the no lynch, but your response seems mostly solid.

marinadelayne. Very slightly more serious than a random vote. I'm aware you have a tourney to prep for, tho ;)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:13 pm
Posts: 471
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Purcellville, VA
Sorry, I've been super incredibly busy. I'm prepping for a moot court competition and regionals and 5 AP tests simultaneously.

Speaking of which, I'm leaving for regionals so I'll be even more inactive soon. :P

But actually. Y'all don't want to kill me. Not explaining why in the thread. But yeah.

No one for now.

_________________
RIX Alum | Patrick Henry College | Class of 2019


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 51
Home Schooled: Yes
Anyone know why Effervescent has been so inactive?

_________________
- Joshua Beckman
Region X

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 am
Posts: 652
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Flying a UFO to an undisclosed location ;)
Voting no one because I haven't a clue.

_________________
John Mark Porter, Alumni
Arx Axiom/Carpe Dictum/Verdict/UADC/HSDC/HSDRC

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 am
Posts: 158
Home Schooled: Yes
marinadelayne. I'm not 100% happy with your response, but I get that you have a million things to do.

Ugh but I have no idea who to vote for. Voice of Reason and Eff both look a bit sketchy in my mind but neither one is sketchy enough to deserve a lynch.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 51
Home Schooled: Yes
Effervescent She doesn't look like she's going to respond, and although like you said, that's sketchy, I don't want to kill her off accidentally.

_________________
- Joshua Beckman
Region X

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 51
Home Schooled: Yes
Questions for general information gathering:

To everyone:
a) Do you have any suspicions right now?
b) If yes, do you have warrants/reasons?
c) If no, why not?
d) What do you think of the responses made to the accusations so far?
e) If you have not posted a IIWAC, could you give a reason?

_________________
- Joshua Beckman
Region X

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
sons_of_thunder wrote:
a) Do you have any suspicions right now?
b) If yes, do you have warrants/reasons?
c) If no, why not?
d) What do you think of the responses made to the accusations so far?


a) Not really.
c) Haven't found anyone particularly suspicious yet.
d) They're all the same, not really saying anything.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 am
Posts: 652
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Flying a UFO to an undisclosed location ;)
sons_of_thunder wrote:
Questions for general information gathering:

To everyone:
a) Do you have any suspicions right now?
b) If yes, do you have warrants/reasons?
c) If no, why not?
d) What do you think of the responses made to the accusations so far?
e) If you have not posted a IIWAC, could you give a reason?

A. Nope. Sorry
B. See A
C. Because I don't think enough time has passed in the game and I'm not seeing any motivations. My only guess right now is that Brett is a Sheriff because (I thought) he said he investigated someone last night and they came up clean. Either that or he's a mafia trying to protect the other mafia, and I think that's too risky on night 1.
D. I haven't read them all ;), I find Marina's defense adequate though she's a smart person so she could manage to pull the wool over our eyes.
E. I haven't paid a ton of attention to the game :lol: Townies tend to be a bit more ambivalent :) (At least I am when I'm a non-essential character).

_________________
John Mark Porter, Alumni
Arx Axiom/Carpe Dictum/Verdict/UADC/HSDC/HSDRC

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 am
Posts: 71
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: at a liberal rally, probably
I've been inactive because the weather is nice and I'm a townie so I don't really have anything to do? I'll vote for someone if someone tells me who to vote for, but since none of you seem to have any idea either, I'll go back to lurking in the sunshine.

_________________
| Region II |
| WSU '21 |


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
That, again, just saying "I'm a townie" in a sentence like that kinda seems mafia-y to me, but then again, I really don't know.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 am
Posts: 71
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: at a liberal rally, probably
Okay, next time I'll be super ~mysterious~ about my abilities and draw mafia fire for it. Or something. Nobody else is jumping up to claim mafia or doctor or investigate, so by default they're all claiming townie too.

_________________
| Region II |
| WSU '21 |


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:21 am
Posts: 64
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: A place
I wasn't saying you're mafia, I was just saying that kinda seems a bit sketchy to me the way that you claimed townie. Again, I'm not sure, that's just my very uneducated opinion.

_________________
My top 15 pokemon
Clicky?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 51
Home Schooled: Yes
She is being pretty obvious at making sure everyone knows she's a townsperson.

_________________
- Joshua Beckman
Region X

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 51
Home Schooled: Yes
Effervescent wrote:
I've been inactive because the weather is nice and I'm a townie so I don't really have anything to do? I'll vote for someone if someone tells me who to vote for, but since none of you seem to have any idea either, I'll go back to lurking in the sunshine.


Also it was irrelevant for her to say she's a townie. What would being a townie have to do with being offline? Even if you had powers, they can only be used in the night phase.

_________________
- Joshua Beckman
Region X

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 am
Posts: 652
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Flying a UFO to an undisclosed location ;)
@Hammy Do investigates by the Sheriff only turn up affiliation (Good/bad) or do they show job as well (Townsperson, Sheriff, Doctor, Mafia)? You probably said already, I missed it.

_________________
John Mark Porter, Alumni
Arx Axiom/Carpe Dictum/Verdict/UADC/HSDC/HSDRC

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm
Posts: 1377
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: H*wL*tt P*ck*rd muffins
Voice of Reason wrote:
@Hammy Do investigates by the Sheriff only turn up affiliation (Good/bad) or do they show job as well (Townsperson, Sheriff, Doctor, Mafia)? You probably said already, I missed it.

Good/Bad.

_________________
-Joshua
The dumb Boatswain's Mate who once did debate
Proud Coastie, Puddle Pirate, and Shallow Water Sailor


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 am
Posts: 652
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Flying a UFO to an undisclosed location ;)
Hammy wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
@Hammy Do investigates by the Sheriff only turn up affiliation (Good/bad) or do they show job as well (Townsperson, Sheriff, Doctor, Mafia)? You probably said already, I missed it.

Good/Bad.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... r.-Who.gif

_________________
John Mark Porter, Alumni
Arx Axiom/Carpe Dictum/Verdict/UADC/HSDC/HSDRC

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Classic Mafia 1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 51
Home Schooled: Yes
:lol:

_________________
- Joshua Beckman
Region X

Beckman/Hopkins 2015-2016
LD 2016-2017
Ellerslie Discipleship Training Summer 2017
http://www.ellerslie.com


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited