homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:45 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Got it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:57 pm 

That means cyber doesn't have a double vote.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:57 pm 

Anyone who's got a nightkill, go get him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:38 pm 

Also, last minute switchers, please do share this info that caused you to betray the plan.

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:55 pm 

JustM.e wrote:

You're correct. I don't. I made up the double vote thing to protect evil from knowing my real power (which is actually kinda a normal average power, but I still wanted mafia to think I was useless.)

After you all decided to test my double vote, I was down with it. Why? Because I didn't think anyone ought to be lynched. There was no sense in lynching anyone since no one looked really sketchy. So I figured we'd simply tie the vote and no one would die.

Why people decided to abandon the plan and lynch Justin I don't know. If you still doubt my innocence, remember that Nerdripper7 pushed to have me killed last night. Andrew has confirmed this.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:25 am 

Cyberknight wrote:
JustM.e wrote:

You're correct. I don't. I made up the double vote thing to protect evil from knowing my real power (which is actually kinda a normal average power, but I still wanted mafia to think I was useless.)

After you all decided to test my double vote, I was down with it. Why? Because I didn't think anyone ought to be lynched. There was no sense in lynching anyone since no one looked really sketchy. So I figured we'd simply tie the vote and no one would die.

Why people decided to abandon the plan and lynch Justin I don't know. If you still doubt my innocence, remember that Nerdripper7 pushed to have me killed last night. Andrew has confirmed this.

...Yeah, I still think you're evil.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:27 am 

SuperK1 wrote:
...Yeah, I still think you're evil.

Wow, I love the warrants here. -_-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:28 am 

Exactly what about my explanation do you believe is unconvincing?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 am 

Seems like it'd be easier to just say as soon as we decided to tie, 'I was lying, I don't have a double-vote, but we should still not lynch'. Also, I gave a perfectly good explanation similar to this last game, the only reason that you lynched me was because I sent Superstars an unaltered RPM(accedentally, I might add). Also, we already decided to kill you if you were lying. So yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:32 am 

I have more reasons, I'll see when I can type them up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:45 am 

ShaynePC wrote:
The last two vote changes (from Mr. E. and Superstars111) were not counted as they happened after the announced ending. In future, as today, periods will ended when I say they will, unless of course I have to change them due to tournaments or other circumstances. But I won't count actions/votes after the official time listed. Sorry guys.

*Nods* I figured that was how it would work. I wasn't online all day, and didn't realize until after I posted that it was past the deadline. :P

As for why I tried to switch.
I was told right before via PM that Cyberknight had been lying to keep his true power a secret, and that testing it out would then make it look like Cyberknight was evil. I changed my vote to JustM.e not because I had any particular reason to suspect him, but because that's where the vote was, and I wasn't able to calculate it all out as to whether or not I could just remove a vote.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:46 am 

Who told you that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:43 am 

OK, so not passing any definitive judgment here, but just laying out the facts.

Against Cyberknight (CK):

1.) CK's RPM claims he has a double vote and will always turn up evil when investigated. Could be perfectly innocent, but sounds just a wee bit sketch.
2.) CK has been proven to have lied about the double vote, and only admitted to that and provided a motive for doing so after he was caught lying and had no choice.

Neutral:

3.) CK has admitted to having faked an RPM, but claimed it was designed to mislead the mafs.

For Cyberknight:

3.) CK was sort of accused by NerdRipper7, who has been proven evil.
4.) CK has been seemingly helpful toward good so far this game.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:21 am 

Sorry but I don't buy that at all. Lie = die, 99% of the time. You also didn't claim your power was fake until JUST before you were going to be lynched. You also claimed you'd show up evil in an investigate.

You are pretty clearly evil. Sorry, Gabe.

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:49 am 

JustM.e wrote:
Sorry but I don't buy that at all. Lie = die, 99% of the time. You also didn't claim your power was fake until JUST before you were going to be lynched. You also claimed you'd show up evil in an investigate.

You are pretty clearly evil. Sorry, Gabe.

Wrong. Good players lie. That's not a reason to lynch them unless them lying proves something. Gabe told me about his real power a while before the phase ended, (hence my position the whole time. And you've all completely ignored the fact that a confirmed Mafia basically tried to get him lynched.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:56 am 

*sigh* see this is why people should trust me earlier because then you vote switch after the deadline and nothing happens :P

Also I'm at a tourney rn so I'm not going to be v active until post-Saturday.

atshelton wrote:
Wrong. Good players lie. That's not a reason to lynch them unless them lying proves something. Gabe told me about his real power a while before the phase ended, (hence my position the whole time. And you've all completely ignored the fact that a confirmed Mafia basically tried to get him lynched.

...say what? A confirmed mafia member tried to lynch Cyberknight? I have no idea what you're talking about.

And, also, Cyberknight seems more sketchy now... but atshelton trusts him and, idk. I'll post a more in-depth review later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:46 pm 

SuperK1 wrote:
Seems like it'd be easier to just say as soon as we decided to tie, 'I was lying, I don't have a double-vote, but we should still not lynch'.

I told you why I didn't do that. Because I wanted to tie the votes! I didn't want anyone to die, and I'm tired of reckless and warrantless lynches. And no one ever listens to me when I say we should lynch no one.

Besides, another reason I didn't admit it was that I wasn't sure you guys were settling on the whole vote-tying idea. I thought you might change your minds (at one point, Andrew did).

The Ginga Ninja wrote:
2.) CK has been proven to have lied about the double vote, and only admitted to that and provided a motive for doing so after he was caught lying and had no choice.

What difference would it have made when I admitted it?? If I'd admitted it before I was caught, I still would have been obviously lying.

Johnnyw256 wrote:

There's no reason why lie should = die. You're making a big mistake here. I lie about my RPM pretty much every game, regardless of my alignment. :P So if lie = die, I should have been lynched every game I've been in apparently.

As for my admitting right before I was going to be lynched...I didn't. I actually explained the whole thing to atshelton way before I was about to be lynched. And I never admitted it to everyone until AFTER no one was lynched.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 pm 

Also, as far as the appearing evil goes, it makes perfect sense for that character! Seriously, look it up on the wiki if you don't believe me. Also it's a fad nowadays, as I previously mentioned.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 pm 

I suspect Andrew and Brett and gabe.

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 pm 

Me too, but I'm a little bit more trusting towards Atshelton, because of how much Nerdripper seemed like he wanted him dead.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next