homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 6:40 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
JustM.e until I hear otherwise.

Also I am going to be gone at a tournament, so if I don't respond that much that is why. :) I should be able to get on though at some point.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 pm 

Also heading out for a tournament today.

10-11 | Folkert/Folkert | Verdict | R8
11-12 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
12-13 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
13-14 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
14-15 | Folkert/Porter | Arx Axiom | R8
15-16 | Doto/Folkert | Verdict | R8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:15 pm 

Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
I'm really surprised y'all think JustM.e is evil. What mafia would willingly give himself such a terrible power?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 pm 

What Sharkfin said ^. I'm useless, I get that. But no Maf with any brains would claim a useless power for this very reason. Also, again, I'm not even pushing for Cyberknight to get lynched. I'm pushing for him to have the opportunity to tie the vote. I think we should have it so that, if he can't, he dies. That way if he's lying (and therefore definitely mafia) he won't be able to tie the vote and save himself. But if y'all would rather risk my life, then fine. Whatever. I just don' think it's the smartest play.

Either way... Jonah... you threw off the balance again. Now it can't be tied either way. Please unvote me or this experiment won't work.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'13
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '13-'14
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '14-'15
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '15-'16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:18 pm 

JustM.e. There you go.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:26 pm 

I actually think we should abandon this whole experiment idea. I think it's pretty obvious that Cyberknight is good and there's no real evidence against JustM.e. So lynching either of them isn't really helpful at all and we don't need to lynch anyone today. We have a good amount of time and are only helping mafia by lynching someone good. Unvoting JustM.e Voting No one Also, if we did need to lynch someone then this_is_n8_speech would be a better option than Cyberknight or JustM.e in my opinion. His power is rather suspicious and I don't think he's really traded with anyone, though that may be because he's new or just likes being closed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:50 pm 

I disagree. It's never in our best interest to lynch nobody D1. JustM.e, to tie the votes again.

What do we lose, at worst? One good person (which we can clearly afford).
What do we lose, at best? Nothing.
What do we gain, at worst? We know who that (now confirmed) good person was suspicious of. We know who voted for that person without any good reason - marking likely evil people. We know who defended that person - likely good.
What do we gain, at best? We kill an evil person. We know who defended that evil person - marking likely evil people. We know who suddenly switched in their rhetoric - marking likely evil people. We know who firs pointed out inconsistencies - likely good.

What about no lynch? We essentially skip an entire day phase. We lose another good person at night which gives us *some* information but not as much as lynching a good person. Maybe we get an investigate result, but we can't depend on that. Lynching is the primary weapon of good not because it kills evil people (altho it does do that) but because it gives us information. After all, the way we've set up this lynch, we'll gain clear information about both Justin and Cyberknight as well as inferred information about everyone else.

No lynch is rarely a good strategy. People who recommend no lynch are typically more evil than not (not accusing you atshelton - I'm confident you're good, but I'm also confident you're wrong about no lynch :P ). Anyways. If you think this_is_n8_speech should be lynched instead, then I'd be fine with looking into him and figuring out warrants and evidence and stuff - but no lynch isn't warranted, especially not on D1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 pm 

atshelton wrote:
I actually think we should abandon this whole experiment idea.

This. I don't see the point in doing it, because we would only be confirming his power... Not him. And it is too easily flawed (as we have already seen). Therefore I am going to follow Andrew's lead, JustM.e to No one. Until I hear otherwise.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:08 pm 

Jonah.a.barnes wrote:
atshelton wrote:

This. I don't see the point in doing it, because we would only be confirming his power... Not him. And it is too easily flawed (as we have already seen). Therefore I am going to follow Andrew's lead, JustM.e to No one. Until I hear otherwise.

If he has the double vote, then we at least know that for a fact. If he doesn't and he made it up, he's probably maf, and he will definitely die. He has no reason to lie is he's good. He could be lying about the double vote or could not be if he's bad. I really would recommend we test him. I would recommend that we set it up so that he dies if he doesn't have the double vote, since him lying would most assuredly mean he's evil.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:16 am 

Location: I can't bother to think of something clever, so I'll just use something overused.
Clicky for tally.
I only have people who have voted on here, if they don't have a vote or voted no one, I left it blank. Also the colors are just to make it easier, they don't mean anything.
Johnnyw256: JustM.e
atshelton:
The Invisible Hand: Cyberknight
Superstars111: Cyberknight
Cyberknight: JustM.e
JustM.e: Cyberknight
SuperK1:
Hammy: JustM.e
Mr. E.: Cyberknight
Jonah.a.barnes:

So truthful Cyber:
JustM.e: 4
Cyberknight: 4

Lying Cyber:
JustM.e: 3
Cyberknight: 4

So this is good. Nobody change a vote.
Jonah.a.barnes wrote:
atshelton wrote:

See JustM.e's post. Also how is it easily flawed? And how have we seen it? If you mean evil can change it at the last second, then 1: If they do, we'll know that they're prime suspects. 2: You and atshelton are the only ones changing. Everyone else is sticking to the program. I'm not saying you're evil, apparently atshelton is somewhat confirmed? But you're saying: "let's not do this because evil can change the vote"... And then changing the vote. Forgive me for thinking that's just a little sketchy. And I know that sounds like a sarcastic way of saying a lot sketchy, but it's not. I actually mean a little.
Clicky for baseless speculation
I suppose if you were evil, you'd probably be voting for... Actually, if you were evil, the only way this course of action makes sense is if both JustM.e and Cyberknight are evil. If just one of them is evil, then you'd want to tip the vote in the other direction, but I suppose you could be trying to not kill a particular one and also not look suspicious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 am 

Unvoting no one voting JustM.e

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:19 am 

Unvoting Cyberknight, voting JustM.e.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:24 am 

Location: I can't bother to think of something clever, so I'll just use something overused.
*sigh* This is gonna make me look evil as bleep. Cyberknight JustM.e New information has come to light, and I have to vote this way. I know, I've officially made it on to every "suspicious" list after I post this, and this sounds like an excuse for being evil and fixing the vote, but the reason for me voting like this is something I probably shouldn't post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:13 pm 

Why exactly is Justin so evil? Can someone explain?

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:

^^ This. Seriously, I've seen no evidence that would support lynching. I'm not trying to defend anyone; maybe I've just missed something. But it seems to me that we're being really reckless and operating on little or no factual basis when there's no need for us to be hasty.

I have won things. No really, I promise.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:18 pm 

The Ginga Ninja wrote:
Cyberknight wrote:

^^ This. Seriously, I've seen no evidence that would support lynching. I'm not trying to defend anyone; maybe I've just missed something. But it seems to me that we're being really reckless and operating on little or no factual basis when there's no need for us to be hasty.

I agree with both of you. I think we should tie, because as far as I know, if Cyberknight's telling the truth, and is good with a double-vote, then we're assuming his suspicions of JustM.e are correct, and JustM.e'll get lynched, but if it's a tie, then we'll gain info, and nobody'll get lynched. I'm not sure if anything I just said is correct, so could someone explain to me whether or not what I just said is true?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:25 pm 

Well, it's kinda too late now anyway. The night technically already started. Shayne just hasn't posted yet.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:28 pm 

Oh, okay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:45 pm 

Yeah I want to point out that the day phase ended on Thursday. So only one of those votes got cast for me. But it still messed me over, I think.

Okay. I highly recommend you just lynch all those who flip flopped, exactly as I stated

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:29 pm 

Kill Cyber then. The fact that Bond scared them off must mean he was defending a companion, and the fact the two people tried to kill his companion must mean that two people who voted were evil. WAIT--No. That was a paper mache decoy for Bond. Now vote count someone please? Let's see if Cyber has the double-vote. I'm gonna say that two people tried to kill Bond, so Bond must be JustM.e or Cyberknight. They've both claimed other good characters, right? Why'd they do that? So two voters are evil, and someone's Bond? And this is all supposing the story post is significant.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next