homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 am
Posts: 158
Home Schooled: Yes
What? Ginja Ninja followed my plan. and yes, I forgot to change my investigate to him... sorry about that. But if I were evil, there's no reason to pick a dead person as a fake investigate target, given that I would know that everyone else is good :P . Indeed, I probably would have told you "Ginja Ninja is good" or something. Idek exactly cuz I'm not making plans for evil!me atm, but it doesn't make much sense for evil!me to pick a dead player to faux-investigate.
And no, the other block did not block Ginja Ninja; I asked him to block Mr Glasses (since I was still operating under the assumption that Mr Glasses and Evan were the last two evil candidates).

Anyways. Yeah Ginja Ninja's kill killed a good person, but that doesn't at all make him evil. I told him to center his kill on [Evan, Mr Glasses, myself]. And remember - nobody died the previous phase. I don't think Ginja Ninja is evil. also, Jonah's never confirmed TIH? I thought he did. Did you ask him for confirmation and he said "no I won't confirm him" or what?

Basically, we can't keep going "oh no *this* person might be evil too! we have to take them out first!" That's the only way the evil person can win this game now. So we have to stop. Yesterday, I posted my plan; Ginja Ninja kills one of [me, Evan, Mr Glasses]; today we lynch one of the remainder; next night the not-Ginja Ninja kill kills the last one. Evan said he'd be fine with that. If he'd rather I die today, that's ok, but then he has to die the next night. I'm confident Ginja Ninja is good. I'm therefore confident Evan is evil.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am
Posts: 89
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Not my bed
Johnnyw256 wrote:
also, Jonah's never confirmed TIH? I thought he did. Did you ask him for confirmation and he said "no I won't confirm him" or what?

He did confirm that he and Invisihand resurrected me.
Johnnyw256 wrote:
Basically, we can't keep going "oh no *this* person might be evil too! we have to take them out first!" That's the only way the evil person can win this game now. So we have to stop. Yesterday, I posted my plan; Ginja Ninja kills one of [me, Evan, Mr Glasses]; today we lynch one of the remainder; next night the not-Ginja Ninja kill kills the last one. Evan said he'd be fine with that. If he'd rather I die today, that's ok, but then he has to die the next night. I'm confident Ginja Ninja is good. I'm therefore confident Evan is evil.

This makes sense, but, *commencing speculation with no evidence* say you are evil. For the sake of argument. Now let's also say that you have a superpower, maybe another convert, but you can only use this starting N6(btw Cyberknight you forgot to change the thread name). This post makes people realize that you are being rational and don't have to be lynched tonight, lynching Evan, killing a good person and giving you time to convert someone else so evil can survive. It would be playing right in to your hands. But, once again, there's no evidence of this at all. You even said it's ok if you die today. So let's switch now. Say Evan has a convert starting N6. Then lynching you would be playing in to his hands. My point is, the stakes are higher now. It's quite possible that the convert is getting passed to the only evil players left alive, the same way a factional nightkill would. If this is the case, we need to be extra careful who we lynch. If this isn't the case, then this will work, but... Well, I heard this quotation in a steam review for a game that relies heavily on it's RNG: "Hope for success, plan for failure". I like this and think it applies. We should plan for the worst case scenario, but hope for the best. With this in mind, I need to think about this more, and hopefully get more information/evidence.

_________________
anorton wrote:
Inquisitor is love, Inquisitor is life.
"This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."
I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
No we kill Evan now, because his power gets stronger as the game goes along. two votes begins to matter more and more. Brettley could have some kind of superpower, but that is unlikely and as they teach you in bio 101 your hypothesis should line up with the facts you know.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am
Posts: 89
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Not my bed
The Invisible Hand wrote:
No we kill Evan now, because his power gets stronger as the game goes along. two votes begins to matter more and more.

But if he's evil, he probably doesn't actually have that power.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Brettley could have some kind of superpower, but that is unlikely and as they teach you in bio 101 your hypothesis should line up with the facts you know.

But this isn't Bio 101. This is mafia, and in mafia it makes more sense to plan for the worst case scenario. Does my hypothesis contradict anything we know? If it does please tell me.

_________________
anorton wrote:
Inquisitor is love, Inquisitor is life.
"This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."
I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
Superstars111 wrote:
The Invisible Hand
For- Claims to have helped bring back Mr. E., and told us that Jonah.a.barnes could confirm this. Giving a name for confirmation is a dangerous move if that person can't actually confirm it, so the name itself works in his favor.
Against- Hasn't actually been confirmed by Jonah.a.barnes, and also claims to be suspicious of Mr. E. (even though he says he helped bring him back). Also claimed to Mr. E. that he "needs to stay alive," something that seems a bit beyond any individual character now. We may each have useful powers that can be put to work, but nothing that we can't possibly do without.[/hide]


I have been confirmed as far as I can. Jonah acknowledges that I helped him bring back MrE. Sure one of could have been bad, but that seems highly unlikely given the circumstances. Umm don't quote me out of context darling it doesn't become you. I have a block so I'm pretty valuable at this point as my power helps narrow down who can be evil(something an investigate doesn't do as well, because lawyers, though in an usual game an investigate is better). I also was being asked to switch my protect at the last moment so I needed to know why. And I don't trust MrE because basically he does whatever you say and I don't trust you and I don't trust offline intrafamily backroom deals. Though I'm sure if you were good and he were evil you would have got him to confess to you by this point.

Basically vote Evan because he seems like the most likely evil player(he could be good if so we'll move on from there). If he isn't evil it is not a big loss, if he is and we let him live his power continues to grow in value. I'm sure even Evan is okay with that logic.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:08 am
Posts: 4
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Southern California
That is true.
I wasn't aware that Jonah.a.barnes had confirmed The Invisible Hand. Mr. E. asked him about it. I later asked him if he'd confirmed, and he said no. I never got an update, so I assumed that he still hadn't. Mr. E. now tells me that he actually did confirm him, so I retract that bit.

Which means that Evan and The Ginga Ninja are still the primary suspects.
As for Ginga Ninja's kill, I know that it killed the target that was chosen for him. That's not the issue. The issue isn't that the person killed was good, the issue is that there was no other kill. The most likely way to explain that is that either the mafia was blocked, or The Ginga Ninja is the mafia. (This isn't the only possible outcome, but the most likely.)

But see, if we lynch one of them and they turn out good, we'll just lynch the next one tomorrow. Because I don't see a reason for Evan to have told us that he was blocked if he were evil, I find it more likely that The Ginga Ninja is the culprit.

At this point, I'm going to vote for The Ginga Ninja and hope for the best. I'm hoping that we get a 100% voting record, which would also mean a 100% vigilante record, since last night would have been a mafia kill, not a vigilante kill. If he turns out good, then last night broke our perfect vigilante record anyway, so we'll know to point the finger at Evan.

And, as Mr. E. says, we should plan for the worst case scenario. We hope for the best, but we're trying to account for a range of possibilities here.
If Evan is evil, then I suspect that his two votes were replaced, like my powers were replaced when I was converted last game. If they weren't replaced (worst case scenario, see) then we'll still have enough to get rid of him the next phase before he becomes too much to handle.

_________________
-Superstars111, Grand Master of Nerdiness
The Wookiee who Wouldn't Die


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
Mr. E. wrote:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
No we kill Evan now, because his power gets stronger as the game goes along. two votes begins to matter more and more.

But if he's evil, he probably doesn't actually have that power.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Brettley could have some kind of superpower, but that is unlikely and as they teach you in bio 101 your hypothesis should line up with the facts you know.

But this isn't Bio 101. This is mafia, and in mafia it makes more sense to plan for the worst case scenario. Does my hypothesis contradict anything we know? If it does please tell me.



Umm when you're converted you don't lose your old power usually. You instead keep it plus you gain the bad kill, hopefully that clarifies things.

Ummmm no. It makes sense to use the facts we have and act off them and not stick our heads in the ground, this isn't Obama's foreign policy we are trying to emulate. No because your hypothesis literally just makes up random crap and it could just as easily apply to Evan as to Brett. I'm going off of what we know.

I get that you know Evan and would rather not kill him, but this is just a game so it isn't a big deal.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 am
Posts: 158
Home Schooled: Yes
There is no way Cyberknight gave evil an every-night convert, I'm confident it was single-use. A convert is (in terms of the effect on lynching) the same as two kills. That's why games with cults have to be super balanced and no cult gets a nightkill too. If evil has a kill and a convert at this point in the game, then they've won.

And yes it is possible I need to be killed this phase for good to win. It is also possible Evan needs to be killed this phase, or you need to be killed this phase, or Superstars needs to be killed this phase, or whatever. We should plan for the worst, but we have to pick a plan that covers as many worst-case scenarios as possible.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am
Posts: 89
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Not my bed
Mr. E. wrote:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
No we kill Evan now, because his power gets stronger as the game goes along. two votes begins to matter more and more.
But if he's evil, he probably doesn't actually have that power.

Ok, so yeah, plan for the worst case scenario, in which case he would keep his power and get a few new ones. But in the alternative worst case scenario, Johnny would also have a double vote. I mean, worst case to a certain extent. We shouldn't have to plan for evil to have 5 converts a night. Eh, I suppose this does still work. Ok, Evan.
Quote:
I also was being asked to switch my protect at the last moment so I needed to know why. And I don't trust MrE because basically he does whatever you say and I don't trust you and I don't trust offline intrafamily backroom deals. Though I'm sure if you were good and he were evil you would have got him to confess to you by this point.

Hey, I like intrafamily backroom deals! And also, I'm not doing whatever he says. I am doing what seems logical, which atm is following him. Cap and Jonah are the only ones who know my new power, and Jonah only because I needed information from him.
Well, there was a thread explosion while I was typing, so Evan The Ginga Ninja.

_________________
anorton wrote:
Inquisitor is love, Inquisitor is life.
"This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."
I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
Superstars111 wrote:
That is true.
Which means that Evan and The Ginga Ninja are still the primary suspects.
As for Ginga Ninja's kill, I know that it killed the target that was chosen for him. That's not the issue. The issue isn't that the person killed was good, the issue is that there was no other kill. The most likely way to explain that is that either the mafia was blocked, or The Ginga Ninja is the mafia. (This isn't the only possible outcome, but the most likely.)

But see, if we lynch one of them and they turn out good, we'll just lynch the next one tomorrow. Because I don't see a reason for Evan to have told us that he was blocked if he were evil, I find it more likely that The Ginga Ninja is the culprit.

At this point, I'm going to vote for The Ginga Ninja and hope for the best. I'm hoping that we get a 100% voting record, which would also mean a 100% vigilante record, since last night would have been a mafia kill, not a vigilante kill. If he turns out good, then last night broke our perfect vigilante record anyway, so we'll know to point the finger at Evan.

And, as Mr. E. says, we should plan for the worst case scenario. We hope for the best, but we're trying to account for a range of possibilities here.
If Evan is evil, then I suspect that his two votes were replaced, like my powers were replaced when I was converted last game. If they weren't replaced (worst case scenario, see) then we'll still have enough to get rid of him the next phase before he becomes too much to handle.


Your logic has more holes in it than my sense of right and wrong does.

I blocked Evan last night so there is the other explanation for why no kill happened and I'm leaning towards that one.

Evan could be trying to buy your trust he could have messed up. in general players aren't told they are blocked if they take no action at night.

this 100% voting record stuff is falser than me when I claim I got a 4.0 last semester. the point of the game is to win and to do that we may have to kill good players. it is nice to always be right, but I'd rather win than lose trying to bat 1000.

The realistic worse case scenario is that Evan is bad and his power will continue to grow as time goes along we can't block him we can block ginger ninja so therefore we should plan for the worst by killing evan who we can't deal with later.

Idk why you think powers are replaced Brett and I both think he probably kept his old powers and we know more about this you do sonny boy :lol: In general bad converts someone because they believe their powers will help the bad team this means that the old power remains with the converted player when I was converted a while back I kept my powers.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 am
Posts: 158
Home Schooled: Yes
Fine. You can lynch Ginja Ninja. But I want this to be the last lynch. If he turns out to be evil, I will apologize profusely and we win. But if he turns out to be good, all the blocks and kills are aimed at Evan. Does that sound fair to everyone? And do you all agree to that?

(if so, I ask for the phase to end pending Ginja Ninja's post. i assume we win either this phase or the next one anyways).

Also Cashley is the best ;)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am
Posts: 89
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Not my bed
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Mr. E. wrote:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
No we kill Evan now, because his power gets stronger as the game goes along. two votes begins to matter more and more.

But if he's evil, he probably doesn't actually have that power.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Brettley could have some kind of superpower, but that is unlikely and as they teach you in bio 101 your hypothesis should line up with the facts you know.

But this isn't Bio 101. This is mafia, and in mafia it makes more sense to plan for the worst case scenario. Does my hypothesis contradict anything we know? If it does please tell me.



Umm when you're converted you don't lose your old power usually. You instead keep it plus you gain the bad kill, hopefully that clarifies things.

Ummmm no. It makes sense to use the facts we have and act off them and not stick our heads in the ground, this isn't Obama's foreign policy we are trying to emulate. No because your hypothesis literally just makes up random crap and it could just as easily apply to Evan as to Brett. I'm going off of what we know.

I get that you know Evan and would rather not kill him, but this is just a game so it isn't a big deal.

1. That's not what I've seen in my experience. I realize that my experience is limited, but once again, worst case scenario.
2. No, it's figuring out the possibilities, then using the potential information to determine the best course of action.

_________________
anorton wrote:
Inquisitor is love, Inquisitor is life.
"This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."
I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:08 am
Posts: 4
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Southern California
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Your logic has more holes in it than my sense of right and wrong does.

Then please show me where. You have failed to do so (though I can see that you're certainly trying).

The Invisible Hand wrote:
I blocked Evan last night so there is the other explanation for why no kill happened and I'm leaning towards that one.

Evan could be trying to buy your trust he could have messed up. in general players aren't told they are blocked if they take no action at night.

That is a possibility, but based on that Evan actually told us that he was blocked, it seems unlikely to me. Also, this is the first game that Cyberknight is running. In a few more, I'll be running my first as well, and I'll hope to differentiate it from the normal games. Just because something is normally done one way doesn't mean that it always is. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that someone would be told they were blocked without taking an action. And maybe it just looks like they're not getting told because people not taking action don't get blocked (seeing as how most people would take action at night). Even if in past game someone was blocked and didn't get told, how do you know that that wasn't the exception as opposed to the rule?
Point is, just because something has been done one way before doesn't mean that it will be done that way again, even if it is the way it's normally done.

The Invisible Hand wrote:
this 100% voting record stuff is falser than me when I claim I got a 4.0 last semester. the point of the game is to win and to do that we may have to kill good players. it is nice to always be right, but I'd rather win than lose trying to bat 1000.

Obviously, I'm not going to make a high-risk decision based on the idea that we must get 100%. But I already find The Ginga Ninja more suspicious.

The Invisible Hand wrote:
The realistic worse case scenario is that Evan is bad and his power will continue to grow as time goes along we can't block him we can block ginger ninja so therefore we should plan for the worst by killing evan who we can't deal with later.

Idk why you think powers are replaced Brett and I both think he probably kept his old powers and we know more about this you do sonny boy :lol: In general bad converts someone because they believe their powers will help the bad team this means that the old power remains with the converted player when I was converted a while back I kept my powers.


Please stop with the condescension. My power was replaced when I was converted, like I said in my last post. This isn't my first mafia game, either here or on other sites. I understand that I'm not a veteran, but please don't insult my intelligence as well. I've already accounted for the possibility of him keeping his power. Killing him next round if The Ginga Ninja turns out good is well within the bounds of safety.

@Johnnyw256: Yes, of course if The Ginga Ninja turns out good then Evan will be the prime suspect and should be killed next. I don't know (or claim to know) that The Ginga Ninja is definitely evil. Maybe he isn't. But he seems more suspicious to me.

_________________
-Superstars111, Grand Master of Nerdiness
The Wookiee who Wouldn't Die


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:03 am
Posts: 89
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Not my bed
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Idk why you think powers are replaced Brett and I both think he probably kept his old powers and we know more about this you do sonny boy :lol: In general bad converts someone because they believe their powers will help the bad team this means that the old power remains with the converted player when I was converted a while back I kept my powers.

*see Superstars' post* Also, while you're reading that, thank you Superstars for putting a stop to that condescension.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
The realistic worse case scenario is that Evan is bad and his power will continue to grow as time goes along we can't block him we can block ginger ninja so therefore we should plan for the worst by killing evan who we can't deal with later.

If he's maf, we can block his kill. It won't be powerful enough by tomorrow to be an emergency.
The Invisible Hand wrote:
I blocked Evan last night so there is the other explanation for why no kill happened and I'm leaning towards that one.

Yeah that falls under:
Quote:
either the mafia was blocked, or The Ginga Ninja is the mafia.

It's not an alternate explanation, it's the same one he just said was better because of the whole 100% thing. And while I'm on that:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
this 100% voting record stuff is falser than me when I claim I got a 4.0 last semester. the point of the game is to win and to do that we may have to kill good players. it is nice to always be right, but I'd rather win than lose trying to bat 1000.

*see Superstars' post*
Johnnyw256 wrote:
Fine. You can lynch Ginja Ninja. But I want this to be the last lynch. If he turns out to be evil, I will apologize profusely and we win. But if he turns out to be good, all the blocks and kills are aimed at Evan. Does that sound fair to everyone? And do you all agree to that?

Sounds fair to me.
Superstars responded to a lot of this using the same points I would have while I was typing this, so that's what those are.

_________________
anorton wrote:
Inquisitor is love, Inquisitor is life.
"This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."
I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 am
Posts: 348
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: In a library somewhere
Superstars111 wrote:
Then please show me where. You have failed to do so (though I can see that you're certainly trying).



Of course you don't. And talk about condescension, I'd quote a wise man about logs, brothers, and eyes, but it is bedtime.

Superstars111 wrote:
That is a possibility, but based on that Evan actually told us that he was blocked, it seems unlikely to me. Also, this is the first game that Cyberknight is running. In a few more, I'll be running my first as well, and I'll hope to differentiate it from the normal games. Just because something is normally done one way doesn't mean that it always is. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that someone would be told they were blocked without taking an action. And maybe it just looks like they're not getting told because people not taking action don't get blocked (seeing as how most people would take action at night). Even if in past game someone was blocked and didn't get told, how do you know that that wasn't the exception as opposed to the rule?
Point is, just because something has been done one way before doesn't mean that it will be done that way again, even if it is the way it's normally done.
.


Idk why that fact convinces you of anything. If he was bad he would know that good blocked him and that evil committed no kill so the suspicion would instantly fall on him so therefore the best strategy would be to admit to the block. Evan is good he knows what he is about. Okay cool, but conventions are conventions for a reason.

Superstars111 wrote:

Please stop with the condescension.


No


Superstars111 wrote:
Please stop with the condescension. My power was replaced when I was converted, like I said in my last post. This isn't my first mafia game, either here or on other sites. I understand that I'm not a veteran, but please don't insult my intelligence as well. I've already accounted for the possibility of him keeping his power. Killing him next round if The Ginga Ninja turns out good is well within the bounds of safety.

@Johnnyw256: Yes, of course if The Ginga Ninja turns out good then Evan will be the prime suspect and should be killed next. I don't know (or claim to know) that The Ginga Ninja is definitely evil. Maybe he isn't. But he seems more suspicious to me.


You need to show you know what you are doing, no offense but you haven't. You keep talking about this 100% stuff(I'm happy you acknowledged it wasn't the most important thing) which is something that an experienced player would not continue to push. If you want a seat at the round table you act like a knight, I promise you get I get ejected from the grownup table on a routine basis because I'm a condescending bleepity bleep, but that's how I play this and hopefully not how i act in real life. Yeah we'd probably be fine, but for all your talk of worst case scenarios you don't seem to want admit a player with a day power which we can't block is the worst.

_________________
Caleb

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:56 am 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1372
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
Read the mini-threadsplosion. Superstars is right - why would I be honest about the block message if that would incriminate me?

I will note, however, that even if GN is good, that doesn't automatically make me the guilty party. If that were the case, we'd need to suspect anyone else who jumped on the GN bandwagon...which, at this point, is pretty much everyone but Caleb (and Johnny, if you count the fact he is reluctantly switching to GN).

If I were evil, I probably wouldn't be trying so hard to prosecute a case against someone, because if I'm wrong, that makes me a kill/lynch target. Rather, I would simply try to fade into the background to stay alive and win. If the last maf is not GN, I know of a particularly brilliant way the person who has the kill could make me the scapegoat...but I won't say it here, because I don't want to give the last maf (whoever he is) any ideas. Hopefully y'all are smart enough to figure out what I'm saying on your own. (Hint: it has something to do with blocking and withholding of a kill.)

Point being, I have no qualms with being blocked/killed/whatever in order for the good team to win, but I think GN is a much bigger potential threat, and is much more likely to be mafia, and thus needs to be taken out this phase. I have my suspicions about a couple other players but they're not strong enough yet to discuss openly. If you're really so concerned about my double vote or me being the last maf, know that in the event I'm good, you're probably going to need my double vote to stick around. In the event I'm evil, you still have plenty of numbers to outvote or outmaneuver me.

_________________
http://www.ebsd.us/

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm
Posts: 105
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Always one step ahead of you.
Evan, because Thor told me to...

_________________
Jonah Barnes, NCFCA Region IX

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:21 pm 
Offline
Hint hint peoples.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 1372
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: San Diego, California
Jonah.a.barnes wrote:
Evan, because Thor told me to...

-_- Caleb...

_________________
http://www.ebsd.us/

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm
Posts: 105
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Always one step ahead of you.
-_- okay...

_________________
Jonah Barnes, NCFCA Region IX

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 am
Posts: 124
Home Schooled: Yes
Location: Check your fridge.
Geez, you guys, it seems like every time I'm inactive for even one day, when I come back everyone wants to kill me again.

At this point it seems likely you're going to kill me regardless of what I say, but I'd at least like to defend myself, please.

I followed Johnny's plan, like I said. I targeted Evan, Johnny, and Mr. Glasses. I did not receive any notification that I was blocked, and Mr. Glasses died. So I'm assuming that was me. I'm sorry, I wish a good guy hadn't died, but when we agreed to that plan we recognized the likelihood of killing the mafia on the first try wasn't very good. The fact that you all now want to kill me for following a plan we all agreed to is kind of lame.

Now, I realize that my triple kill has been repeatedly accused of being a likely cover-up for being evil. But that argument simply doesn't apply anymore, because its been confirmed that I was good, and that even if I am mafia it would be from a convert; thus, my original power is no longer relevant, and was already confirmed good by the fact that I used it to kill a mafia. In simpler terms, if I'm evil then it's because of a convert, so any prior arguments about my RPM or power no longer matter. I was good; I am still good.

Now, I'm aware that I can't prove my good affiliation. But I have throughout this game followed the plans laid by the town, killed mafia, prosecuted mafia in the thread, provided logical arguments for my innocence, and generally been helpful. If you want to kill me, fine. It will tarnish our fabulous 100% success rate on lynches. But if you feel that killing me is the wisest course of action, I understand. I, for one, am voting Evan; nothing personal, but he's been repeatedly accusing me, and because Thor told me to. If you kill, then when I am revealed good, Evan seems like your best bet.

_________________
Benjamin Vincent, RII Alum
Biola University '21
www.lifeinthesunrise.com

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited