homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:34 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:17 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
JustM.e.

K, so could someone please tell me what to do? Should I be using my kill on the three Johnny suggested tonight? I've been out of touch all weekend due to the CA Open so I'm not entirely sure what the best course of action is.

I have won things. No really, I promise.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:14 am 

The Ginga Ninja wrote:
JustM.e.

K, so could someone please tell me what to do? Should I be using my kill on the three Johnny suggested tonight? I've been out of touch all weekend due to the CA Open so I'm not entirely sure what the best course of action is.

Hey was winning a lot

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:14 am 

Autocorrect

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:47 am 

With the help of the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Captain America and the Avengers managed to take out HYDRA's top sleeper agent.

JustM.e has died. He was evil. Night 5 begins now and ends at midnight on the 17th.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:57 am 

ok so if we're following my plan:
Blocks block Evan and one of Mr Glasses / me
GN sends in a kill on [Evan, Mr Glasses, me]
I investigate one of [Ginja Ninja, Mr Glasses, Evan]
Superstars' power is doubled and Superstars protects himself and [someone else]

If we're not following my plan then I have no idea :P ask Superstars.

and also Mr E I'm not sure what your new power is but I'm sure it's powerful? Coordinate with Superstars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 am 

The alternative to your plan involves you investigating a block target. The main reason would be to have the bonus satisfaction of no missed lynches or nightkills.
It would also take us at a slower pace, which means it's less likely to take out innocents, but may also give the mafia more time to weed us out.

I think that the Misters are probably innocent, as well as Jonah.a.barnes and Hammy. (Of course, other than Mr. E., I'm not sure if they can technically be confirmed, but I suspect that they are.)

In my eyes, the main suspects for conversion would be Evan, Johnnyw256, The Ginga Ninja, myself, and The Invisible Hand.

I've been claimed as good by our investigate. Of course, that's null if I have a lawyer (though I did think that The Ginga Ninja was being investigated that night) and is also null if Johnnyw256 is the convert (though that would also work in my favor fairly well). :P
Evan was also found to be good, but we don't know what order actions are registered, so it's possible that he could have been converted that night.
The Invisible Hand doesn't really have anything for or against him so far. JustM.e voted for him (voting for his own teammate to throw us off the trail?), but that's extremely weak evidence at best. Besides, he's made a claim that, if it's confirmed, would probably confirm his goodness.

I'm going to contact a few people and see about details, but for now, I guess we may as well go with Johnnyw256's plan for now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:52 am 

I am going to be away from the computer for a couple of days... I will try to get access, but I can't promise anything.
So if suddenly I am inactive that is why. :D

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:41 am 

FYI, I followed Johnny's plan.

I have won things. No really, I promise.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 am 

I'm postponing the deadline to some time tomorrow for tournament/sleep reasons. :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:33 pm 

Hey, what should I do tonight?

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:04 pm 

Jonah.a.barnes wrote:
Hey, what should I do tonight?

Same.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:
I'm postponing the deadline to some time tomorrow for tournament/sleep reasons. :P

Today is National Sleep Day!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:09 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Johnnyw256 wrote:
Cyberknight wrote:

Today is National Sleep Day!

ResidentSleeper Kappa

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:51 am 

Just as the Avengers began to feel that victory was near, another member fell dead.

Mr. Glasses has died. He was good.

Day 5 begins now and ends at midnight on the 19th.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:10 am 
Hint hint peoples.

I was blocked last night. (Not like it matters, since I only have a double vote, but this is just FYI.) A kill went through, and it was most likely Ginja Ninja since he said he followed Johnny's plan. This leaves us with two possibilities. Either GN is still a good vigilante, and the blocks successfully blocked the maf kill, or he was converted and has the last remaining mafia kill. I am more inclined to believe the latter rather than the former, but I will refrain to vote until Johnny reports any investigation results.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:27 am 

I investigated Mr Glasses, and it revealed that he was good, so... helpful. I believe Evan and Mr Glasses were blocked last night.

Given that Ginja Ninja said that he was following my plan, I'm not too inclined to call him evil for Mr Glasses' death. Besides, if he were evil, wouldn't there be two kills (one for his kill and one for the nightkill)? So I still don't think he's evil. And remember - he didn't kill anybody the prior phase, which means he would have had to withhold both of his kills if he really were evil.

That said, it's clear that either Ginja Ninja or Evan is evil. We can lynch one today and have the kill target the other at night or (if Superstars wants us to retain our perfect voting record :P ) lynch nobody today and investigate/block both, kill one, and then if that one is good lynch the other the following day. Personally, I'm leaning more towards Evan being evil. Not voting yet. But it really doesn't matter either way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:35 am 

Wait a second. Why would Evan know he's been blocked? I don't know exactly how Cyberknight is notifying people, but I'm assuming it's like in past games - you send a PM with "I'd like to investigate person a" and you get a response saying "You were blocked." If Evan really is still good, then he has no power and sent no night action. If he sent no night action, he shouldn't get a response saying "You were blocked" since he did nothing. Evan shouldn't know that he was blocked unless he was converted.

Evan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:38 am 

evan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:07 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Woah, woah, woah. Calm down guys.

I got a PM from Cyberknight saying "you were blocked." I did not send in an action last night. I would assume Cyberknight is sending this notification to anyone who is on the receiving end of a block. Far too flimsy of circumstancial evidence to lynch me.

Besides, we have a guy who we know has the kill, was not blocked, and killed a good guy. Meanwhile, you have me, who yes was blocked per what the GM said. A guy with a kill vs. someone who was blocked. Who has the weaker alibi? Clearly Ginga Ninja. He was directly responsible for the death of a townie. I have always voted for mafs.

And besides, if I'm wrong, we have such an advantage in the vote regardless that you can choose to lynch me then. Like I've said before I am quite expendable, but it'd be a mistake whiffing on this opportunity to take down the last evil player.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:49 am 

Johnnyw256 wrote:
Wait a second. Why would Evan know he's been blocked? I don't know exactly how Cyberknight is notifying people, but I'm assuming it's like in past games - you send a PM with "I'd like to investigate person a" and you get a response saying "You were blocked." If Evan really is still good, then he has no power and sent no night action. If he sent no night action, he shouldn't get a response saying "You were blocked" since he did nothing. Evan shouldn't know that he was blocked unless he was converted.

Evan

That seems to me like a rather large assumption. It wouldn't surprise me if people are notified of being blocked even if they do nothing. But why would Evan say that he was blocked if he were evil, given that the only person who died was one of Ginga Ninja's targets? That would kind of obviously point a finger at him. Unless he's good and giving us all the info to get at the truth. Evan is, in my eyes, one of the least suspicious players at the moment. (Not that he's not suspicious at all, but he seems to be less suspicious than some of the other players.)

Now, last night, I...
Ow. I made a mistake.
I asked Johnnyw256 to investigate The Ginga Ninja and said that I also was going to ask someone to block him as well. I did this secretly so that the mafia wouldn't know to use a lawyer on him and make him look evil, so a "good" claim would basically confirm him. But I forgot to ask anyone to block him. So that didn't happen, and I'm now bashing my head against the wall.

Either way, Evan is correct that we have two options- either the mafia was blocked successfully (and we have two blocks lying around somewhere, right? Was anyone else blocked?) or The Ginga Ninja is the convert.

Case Files on Evan and The Ginga Ninja - Click to Access
The Ginga Ninja
For- Has demonstrated a 3-way kill as good, and planned to use it again here. It's possible that the mafia was blocked, and his vigilante kill did its job.
Against- Could be using his vigilante kill as a coverup. He can pick any one of three targets that we pick for him and always get a good guy. Why should he have an issue with our picking who he kills?

Evan
For- Told us that he was blocked last night, and would have no reason to draw attention to that if he were evil.
Against- If The Ginga Ninja is good, then he (having been blocked) becomes a prime suspect.

However, I'm not willing to rule out a more sinister and elaborate plan.

Case Files on Johnnyw256 and The Invisible Hand - Click to Access
Johnnyw256
For- Has been laying out detailed plans with math to support it, also explaining when would be a good time to kill him, and why to do that.
Against- I asked him last night to investigate The Ginga Ninja. He didn't respond. He apparently investigated Mr Glasses instead, which is an easy investigate to fake, since he's now dead.

The Invisible Hand
For- Claims to have helped bring back Mr. E., and told us that Jonah.a.barnes could confirm this. Giving a name for confirmation is a dangerous move if that person can't actually confirm it, so the name itself works in his favor.
Against- Hasn't actually been confirmed by Jonah.a.barnes, and also claims to be suspicious of Mr. E. (even though he says he helped bring him back). Also claimed to Mr. E. that he "needs to stay alive," something that seems a bit beyond any individual character now. We may each have useful powers that can be put to work, but nothing that we can't possibly do without.

Here's my question. What if The Ginga Ninja was blocked after all, even though I forgot to ask for it? Then just kill one of his targets anyway to cast suspicion on him and away from evil's self. But if that were the case, The Ginga Ninja would have received a notification saying that he was blocked. But then, if he claims that he was blocked (even if he wasn't and is actually evil) there's no way to confirm it.
I'm also not willing to rule out the possibility of two converts, either because Johnnyw256 was lied to, or because he lied himself, or because a hidden mechanic brought in a second one. Not that I think there are two, but I can't rule it out.

Also keep in mind that blocking The Ginga Ninja and killing one of his targets isn't exclusively a plan that would work for Johnnyw256 or The Invisible Hand. Anyone could have put that into action.

The living players that are not currently under my suspicion are (in order of signup):
Mr. E.
Myself
Jonah.a.barnes
Hammy

Any of these players could still technically be evil, but I have no reason to suspect any of them.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next