homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2628 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:03 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
I agree. ^

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:08 pm 

The Invisible Hand

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:47 pm 

Warrants???

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:03 pm 

Jonah.a.barnes wrote:
Warrants???

Because he's being lynched.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:04 pm 

JustM.e

I haven't received investigate results yet, but I'll let you know when I have. I investigated Superstars111 last night; waiting on results.

The players left are Mr. E, Ginja Ninja, Mr Glasses, TIH, Evan, Superstars, Jonah, and Hammy (and myself but not counting myself). I have an investigate result on Superstars pending, so we'll see about that. The lack of deaths implies that Ginja Ninja wasn't converted. I expect the resurrect had something to do with Jonah's cryptic "where's Thor" comment; if so, then TIH and Jonah (and Mr. E) are also both probably good. Hammy's power usage makes me think he's good. That leaves Evan and Mr Glasses. and me, sure, but whatevs.

and I'm assuming that Superstars turns up good, of course. if he doesn't, then the plan is obvious and much simpler :P

Because I like making plans (clicky)
We have 2ish blocks. I assume Evan's double vote isn't affected by night blocks; therefore, blocking him can only help good (so he should definitely be targeted by one of the blocks). I'm not quite sure what Mr Glasses' power is, but I haven't been counting on it before so he's blockable; if the other block is more suspicious of me, by all means, block me instead (altho that makes evil!Evan and evil!Mr Glasses harder to deal with, but whatevs). And actually, I expect we can't trust my investigate much more; evil may still have a lawyer, and there's a 50/50 chance the remaining mafia would lawyer whoever I investigate.

Hm. Actually, wait a second. We're at 8-1 now, right? And there are three candidates left for mafia (Evan, Mr Glasses, and myself). Ginja Ninja can use his kill on one of the three (and two of the three are blocked); one of the remaining two is lynched the next morning; and [person whose identity I'm not revealing but you know who you are] uses his/her kill on the last one of the three. Even in the worst case scenario, we're at 6-1 in the morning and 5-1 going into that night. We can afford that.

Sooo Ginja Ninja, can you use your kill on [Evan, Mr Glasses, myself]? And can the blocks block [Evan, Mr Glasses/myself]? And then lynch one of the remaining... kill the last one... there's no way for us to lose from here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:16 pm 

So, I saw that JustM.e posted and came in with a prepared speech about how feeble he is compared to us, how inevitable his defeat is, how the world will soon be...
*Cough* Sorry. Wrong movie. XD
Anyway. I planned to counter his defense with the fact that the same people who accused our prior 100% voting/vigilante record are the same people accusing him, only to see no defense.
I would not want to be on the evil team about now. To be honest, I feel a bit sorry for them, considering the reasoning behind their lousy luck.

Ooh, I thought you were investigating Ginga Ninja? *Sweats nervously because I used my lawyer on the wrong person*
XD (JK, obviously. :P)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:54 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Yeah, evil has had absolutely horrendous luck this game. Hopefully Kenan will learn from his mistakes, because tbh this game has become slightly boring since we all know who's who, and the last evil will be easy to find (as Johnny says).

Not like I'm complaining though. :D

Johnnyw256 wrote:
The lack of deaths implies that Ginja Ninja wasn't converted.

Or perhaps he got blocked, or refrained from killing to pad his alibi. Perhaps mafs converted him because he already had a kill. Not an accusation but just another point to consider that may be an alternate explanation.

Quote:
Sooo Ginja Ninja, can you use your kill on [Evan, Mr Glasses, myself]? And can the blocks block [Evan, Mr Glasses/myself]? And then lynch one of the remaining... kill the last one... there's no way for us to lose from here.[/hide]

Unless GJ has become the maf (which I wouldn't be surprised by), there really isn't a pathway for victory for evil with this plan. I don't have any night power since my double vote only applies in the day, so it may be better to block Mr Glasses or Johnny. (Though I think Johnny has more confirming him than Mr Glasses...come to think of it, there really isn't anything confirming or denying Mr Glasses' goodness). But if you block me that's fine anyway, since like Johnny said as long as we follow the game plan there's no way we can lose, barring super-ultra-MLG-420-noscoping hidden mechanics.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:17 pm 

Evan wrote:
I don't have any night power since my double vote only applies in the day, so it may be better to block Mr Glasses or Johnny.

I think that was the point. :P Like, if you were converted, then you would have a night kill. But if you weren't, then it wouldn't be an issue to block you.

I'm thinking that a good strategy may be for Johnnyw256 to coordinate with a single trusted block so that the block and the investigate go to the same person each night, thus neutralizing a lawyer. (Keep in mind that no death last night could have been the result of restraint, block, or protect. We don't know which wall stopped the kill, so either I or last night's blocker could have been lying about using our powers.)
If I'm given a double protect each night and I know who the blocker is, I can protect both of them (unless I'm killed, in which case it would only work for one night. So it may be better if I protect myself and one of them per night, not telling anyone which one I'm protecting that night.) Either way, neither I nor anyone but Johnyw256 and the block would know who was being investigated that night. Then results could be basically confirmed as being unaltered.
Of course, this would be a little slower than Johnnyw256's plan, but it could also keep our 100% lynch rating. XD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:22 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Superstars111 wrote:
Evan wrote:
I don't have any night power since my double vote only applies in the day, so it may be better to block Mr Glasses or Johnny.

I think that was the point. :P Like, if you were converted, then you would have a night kill. But if you weren't, then it wouldn't be an issue to block you.

Ah. No problem then. In my mind, if either of those two were converted and they had additional powers apart from the kill, then it'd be a waste of a block on little old double vote me. But if we have the resources to go around, it's going to become obvious very quickly who is who by the end of the next night phase anyway.

Superstars111 wrote:
Of course, this would be a little slower than Johnnyw256's plan, but it could also keep our 100% lynch rating. XD

1.000 batting average on the lynches? Sign me up! :) Though .800 or .750 is also incredible as well. ;)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:30 pm 

Superstars111 wrote:
Ooh, I thought you were investigating Ginga Ninja? *Sweats nervously because I used my lawyer on the wrong person*

Haha. That's why I told you I was investigating him :P I figured the presence or lack of a kill at this point would confirm him. And I received a result of good on you.

I suppose Evan is right that GN could indeed be evil. But evil is in a pretty desperate place; he'd have to decide to withhold both his kill and the mafia faction kill (unless exactly the right people were protected? I dunno. seems pretty difficult. I don't particularly want to work through the math on likely scenarios). Regardless, I'll investigate one of Evan, Mr Glasses, and GN. I think Mr Glasses is most likely to be evil, followed by Evan, followed by Ginja Ninja. Not that I'll investigate them in that order. But yeah haha.

Evan wrote:
1.000 batting average on the lynches? Sign me up! :) Though .800 or .750 is also incredible as well. ;)

I remember in the War of Internet Worlds you ran where I was evil (roughly) and the perfect lynch/deaths overall record went the other direction :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:01 pm 

But if he were converted, wouldn't his new RPM replace the old one? Or would he get to keep his old power?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it seems like it would be easier for him to fake good after a convert than any of the rest of us. We ask him to make sure one of three people dies, he chooses the biggest threat of the three and obliges. We see him as good because the right person died. And they happened to be good, but oh well, we knew that that was a risk. And if we don't ask for a death, then it's mafia business as normal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:21 pm 

Well, if GN is evil and we follow my plan that means...

We enter night at 8-1. He kills one of the three, we reach day at 7-1. We lynch one of the three, 6-1. At night the kill that I know kills the last one and Ginja Ninja kills another person, we're at 4-1. Still enough to lynch Ginja Ninja. And even at that point we can afford a mislynch. We have such a numerical advantage over evil that we can afford like 3 mislynches. Honestly, it's just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:14 pm 
I know not this "leverage" of which you speak.

Mr. E.'s RPM can confirm my goodness. I suggest he post the relevant part here. That doesn't rule out a conversion, but at least he can confirm that I didn't start out evil.

I don't particularly care if I get killed next phase. Eliminating me would waste a good kill/lynch and narrow the town's margin of victory, but it wouldn't put the town in immediate danger.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:26 pm 

At this point everyone is like, "yeah I'm not evil and I wasn't converted I pinky promise, but it's chill if you want to kill me, because if I don't act chill you'll probably think I was converted and you'll definitely kill me."

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:38 pm 

Of course, it's also possible that there was no convert. Which we would learn after the death of JustM.e. But then, if there is, the true game starts now. XD

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that everyone living (except JustM.e) started out as good. But a convert would send us back to square one as far as we know about all that.

As for acting chill... Personally, I would very much prefer not to die. :P Of course, that's more because I want to keep a 100% voting/vigilante record. And also because I want to stay in the game. XD I mean, not that I would object if the community decided that killing me was the best course of action, but it would be mildly inconvenient. *Acts chill*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:50 pm 

Oh yeah, I used to be Quicksilver, but I got a new RPM when I was resurrected. The old one isn't really important now. I'll go ahead and post the whole thing.
Cyberknight wrote:

Character: Pietro Maximoff
Alias: Quicksilver
Faction: Avengers (Good).
Win Condition: You win when evil is destroyed.
Origin/Description: You were originally from Slovakia, where you lived with your twin sister, Wanda (Mr Glasses). However, HYDRA recruited you and your sister, and began performing experiments on you. You were given the power of super speed.

Powers:
- Save: You may, once in the game, give your life to save someone from being killed. You may use this power either in the day or at night. Because you joined the avengers later on than most characters, you will not be able to use your power until night 2.

About this power, I used it on Superstars111 on N2 and N3, so I'm not sure if I was actually targeted N3 or if Superstars111 was. Thoughts?
BTW I have a different power now. I'm trying to keep the new RPM secret though. So... Closed to trades.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 am 

Aight. So a person got back to me and nobody was blocked last night, so either a protect or a voluntary withholding of the kill resulted in no death last night.

anyways. *asks for early end of phase because Justin has already voted*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 am 

Early vote plz

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 am 
Hint hint peoples.

End early please

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:00 am 

I agree.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2628 Next