homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
I got that second pm too. It took me a while to realize I was a cop. I thought this was a new game.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:14 am 
you'll never guess

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Also, it might be a while before I can update, there have been unforeseen delays.

Incognito wrote:
You didn't sign up to be a cop so you could sit around eating donuts. Be more active!

I didn't know there were legitimate excuses. I assumed that you had just forgotten. I was wrong. But now I have legit excuses, and I'd appreciate it if you could bear with me for a while.
Johnnyw256 wrote:
salty much? :lol: :lol:

INCOG I THINK YOU ARE WONDERFUL DONT PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT CASHLEY SAYS

Thank you.
Update coming ASAP. Which, in this case, shouldn't be longer than 30 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:20 am 
you'll never guess

ShaynePC has been protected.

Victim Clue: Not Ultranumber42.
Identity Clue: What?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Protecting HadouKen24. Wild guess because of the "42."

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:03 am 
you'll never guess

Eh, I've given you plenty of time. SuperK1 has died. Not Ultra, so Super. Not a number, but a letter "K". Not 42, but 1.

Victim Clue: Shoryuken!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am 
Hint hint peoples.

...I highly doubt anyone would have ever guessed that. "Super" maybe, but 42 leading to 1? Image

Shoryuken is an obvious reference to Ryu from Street Fighter. Another attack of Ryu is "hadouken." So protecting HadouKen24 again.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 am 

Ok so all the identity clues (Brotherhood of Steel and our current victim clue) point towards somebody who is very videogamey. I would accuse Superstars111 or Evan, but they're both cops, and Incog said (s)he isn't a cop. We also know that it's somebody who (probably) didn't post anything in the December after the blackout, only in January (see bottom of page 2). So...somebody who fits those criteria? And also there's "add something" and "what?", whatever those mean. so.

Anyways on to the actual victim. I like Evan's analysis. I have no idea what a "shoryuken" is, but streetfighter wiki says it's a move where you go up. or something. almost nobody has posted about street fighter on HSD, so.
switching gears a lil...the death of SuperK makes me thing Incog is killing cops, so let's protect Superstars111. Cuz I'm sure he's played street fighter maybe probably who knows. anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:38 am 

I'm slightly videogamey, but not very. I have probably played Street Fighter at some point in my life, but not much. XD

But if Incog is killing cops, then I'll protect Evan. I mean, seeing as how he seems to understand what the clue is about... :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:44 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Yeah, I'm not seeing much else that would directly correlate to the clue, so our protects should cover it. Maybe also a protect should be for people who reference or are into anime/Japanese culture since Ryu's moveset is based on Japanese words. (I don't play Street Fighter but am marginally aware of some of the characters, and I know more about Ryu since he got in to Super Smash Bros. ;P)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:00 am 
you'll never guess

Well 1st of all, I am super sorry for the long wait. I'm gonna try to speed up the game, make the clues easier and maybe target more cops.
You successfully protected HadouKen24.

Victim: The device which you press in to a recessed space in order to activate something else, and the first device is greatly exaggerated in size and is colored by the secondary color that is made when you mix together the two primary colors blue and yellow.

Identity: I wonder who I am? I think Sherlock Holmes would be able to figure it out.

Proxy: He's pretty well known.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:27 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Protecting Evan Obvious reference to "BigGreenButton."

Next!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:24 pm 

I agree with Evan, so since we can't self-protect to move to the next phase, I vote we move to the next phase.

Also, I'd like to accuse Mr. E.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:33 am 

Johnnyw256 wrote:
I agree with Evan, so since we can't self-protect to move to the next phase, I vote we move to the next phase.

Also, I'd like to accuse Mr. E.

Just as soon as I make them a little bit easier... Ok, yeah. I needed it to end soon anyway, since, as you could probably tell, I wasn't able to update consistently.
So here's what happened: As most (if not all) of you know, I live in the same house as my brothers, SuperK1, and Superstars111. When I found out I was the next Assassin, I knew it would be really hard to hide it from them. Especially Superstars111. So I asked Superstars if he would be playing. He said probably not. Apparently I wasn't as subtle as I had thought about asking him, because he immediately figured it out. So we figured out a way for him to help me be Incog. Thus, Proxy 86 was born. In case you were wondering, he's called Proxy 86 because A. He's my Proxy, and B. We own the complete Seasons 1 and 2 of an old TV show called "Get Smart". It's a comedy, and actually kind of a spoof of James Bond(kind of weird that this happened at the same time as James Bond mafia), where the main character is named Maxwell Smart, and he's an agent of an agency called Control. He's agent number 86. This wasn't meant to be a clue, it was just a fun reference. We made him a plant, and we figured that would be unfair, so we made there be 6 cops instead of 5, thinking that A. You wouldn't be robbed of a cop, and B. You would probably eventually pick up on the fact that there was an extra. I went off on a tangent here. So we figured it wouldn't be too hard to hide it from SuperK1. It wasn't too hard, but it was too inconvenient. If I logged in to HSD as Incog on the same computer he would use, we didn't know if he would see the suggestion there to log in as Incognito. It wouldn't be too hard from there, since Superstars111 uses his own laptop. So in order to do anything as Incog, I had to wait for an opportunity to use my sister's computer, which doesn't happen very consistently. So that's why I was so slow to update.
Click the clues for their explanations. BTW, I'm only explaining the ones where you didn't figure out the correct explanation in the thread and I didn't explain it at the time. Also, I'm warning you now, these were way too convoluted. At least some of them. Also, at the beginning of each clue, I'll have a V for victim clues, an I for identity clues, and a P for Proxy clues.
I: Add something
Meant to make you think of +X, but it's referring to that time during 2 Rooms and a Boom when I couldn't access my room because Sharkfin forget to add the period at the end of my username.

I: I'm in the Brotherhood of Steel
Meant to make you think of Fallout, but it's actually referring to my love of Fullmetal Alchemist, which had an anime called "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". Steel refers to the protagonist's steel arm.

P: Bilbo's gross
We had a lot of fun with this one, even though - well, no, because it was so convoluted. So at the beginning of Lord of the Rings, Bilbo and Frodo have a birthday party, because they share the same birthday. They are turning eleventy-one and thirty-three, respectively. They realized that when they combine their ages together, they get 144, or one gross. So they invite that many guests. But this is Bilbo's gross, or the gross that belongs to Bilbo. So the number of guests that correspond to his age is 111. As in Superstars111.

I: What?
... I'm not sure I remember this one. I think it's a reference to Gravity Falls, where the weather vane on the Mystery Shack does not say "N W E S" but rather "W H A T", tipping off that I like Gravity falls, and possibly hinting at a mystery(Mr. E.), but I'm not sure.

I: I wonder who I am? I think Sherlock Holmes would be able to figure it out.
Sherlock Holmes would be able to figure it out, and Sherlock Holmes solved mysteries. Once again, mystery, Mr. E.

P: He's pretty well known.
When someone is well known, they're famous. And when someone is really famous, they're a superstar. Superstars111.

In conclusion, it is much harder than expected to make good clues. I didn't think I could hit the right balance, so I erred on the side of difficulty. I guess I erred too much. Sorry guys, I might do slightly better next time, if there is a next time. 1st to PM me about it gets next Incog! Go!

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:57 am 

Haha so I didn't understand any of the identity or proxy clues... I just guessed based on tone and, well, it turns out I was right! :P
Also I'm only realizing now that your name means "mystery." I suppose I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

It was fun tho! The victim clues had a good balance of hard / easy (except for the last two, I suppose, but overall they weren't too hard or too easy).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:31 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Once Johnny posted his accusation it all came together in my mind XD Because honestly I had no clue based on the information given.

But overall, I think you did an admirable job here. I myself know how tough it is to strike that balance (Assassin Masque of the Red Death throwback anyone?), and while the ending may have been quite delayed, this was pretty inventive and fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:18 pm 

YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT THE THREAD WAS UP!!!!! :evil: xD

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5