homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 pm 
is jealous

Home Schooled: Yes
Just.me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:41 pm 

Steven Moffat wrote:
Sorry for the late update... here we go. Lots of things happened.

N2 has ended. Everyone moves forward to D3 except for Jonah.a.barnes who moves to D2 and Effervescent, who also moves to D2.

The creatures wake up. Their memories of the events of the previous day have changed... and not for the better.

They remember, instead of seeing no dead bodies, seeing the body of Mr. E.

Mr. E died on N1. He was Rory Williams, good.

In addition, they remember Jonah.a.barnes dropping his disguise to reveal... a Dalek! He rolled forward, pointing his deadly weapon towards anyone who tried to intercept him.

"I WILL KILL YOU DOCTOR. EX... TER... MIN..."

Suddenly, his voice cut off. His weapon failed, falling to the ground, soon followed by the rest of his body turning into dust.

Jonah.a.barnes has died on N1. He was a Dalek, evil.
(so he was already dead by D2 and you guys ended up lynching nobody :lol:)

It is now D3. Anyone on D3 can make votes and day actions until Tuesday at noon EST. Etc.

I'd like to note that, as I was last time, I'm just stating my opinions and observations, not trying to get anyone to do anything or anything like that.

Okay, so Invisible Hand was right about Jonah, he was an evil Dalek. Um, et's see, Rory, Mr.E., death, Daleks, ah! Effervescent and Jonah are both back in time, possible because Effervescent wanted to kill Jonah. That could've been the nightkill that killed him, assuming it was a nightkill. WAIT A MINUTE. So in the update posts, you tell us what previously happened, so since on N1, Jonah died, and that would've changed our D2 votes, do we revote for that? Oh well. But Invisible Hand, remember that people might be able to tamper with Faction Cops, or whatever you might have gotten your info from. But anyway, I think I'll go Just.me, but it's not unlikely that I'll change my vote.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:21 am 
Hint hint peoples.

JustM.e

teehee

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:25 am 

xD Vote Just.me! Even Evan wants him to die!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:37 am 

JustM.e

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:38 am 

BTW When I said Just.me, I meant JustM.e

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:01 am 

JustM.e

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:25 am 

Cashley and I are currently texting about this.

He explained to me that one of y'all told him I was bad. :P Nice. I hope that whoever that is learns the lesson of not claiming a false investigate fairly soon.

Now... common sense would dictate that I'm, in fact, not evil.

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this (I know Cashley, Effervescent, and Cyberknight all are) but I am Rose Tyler, the role that Jonah claimed. :P I was his counter-claim.

I'm sure all of you are now aware (as I was as soon as Jonah claimed my role) that Jonah was evil. He's dead and has been proven as such.

So... wouldn't common sense suggest that I'm the real Rose Tyler?

Also, there are "lawyer" powers in some mafia games. Some people have abilities to change the results of an investigate. I don't know how tight-lipped our investigator has been about his/her power... but...

So, in essence, me being bad makes no sense. Rose Tyler is a huge character in the Dr. Who universe. Odds are somebody had her as their role. It just so happens that I'm her. And now that my counter-claim is dead, logic would suggest I'm a-okay. You all can ask any of the three people above for my RPM. I don't mind it being distributed tastefully.

I'm going to vote for Superstars111 because of general shadiness, but tbh I could switch if I got a solid lead.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:11 am 
is jealous

JustM.e wrote:
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this (I know Cashley, Effervescent, and Cyberknight all are) but I am Rose Tyler, the role that Jonah claimed. :P I was his counter-claim.

I'm sure all of you are now aware (as I was as soon as Jonah claimed my role) that Jonah was evil. He's dead and has been proven as such.

So... wouldn't common sense suggest that I'm the real Rose Tyler?

^That's a surprisingly common mafia team strategy actually. Especially since Jonah outed himself to Invisible Hand, I think this was their plan:
- 2 mafia claim Rose
- One acts suspiciously, tries to get himself killed
- Once one is dead, the other can claim confirmation
- Voila, you have a mafia disguised as a nearly-confirmed good guy.

I think I've pulled this one at least twice. :P Even more if you count irl mafia games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:14 am 

That would make more sense if it was a niche companion. Rose is major and the chances of there being a legitimate counterclaim are high enough that it wouldn't be the smartest strategy. Of course, there could be a third Rose floating around there somewhere in the background, in which case, they should step up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:17 am 
is jealous

Effervescent wrote:
That would make more sense if it was a niche companion. Rose is major and the chances of there being a legitimate counterclaim are high enough that it wouldn't be the smartest strategy. Of course, there could be a third Rose floating around there somewhere in the background, in which case, they should step up.

That really depends on whether Mr. Moffat gave the mafia safe roles to claim for their RPMs or not. I know mods in some games give them, other's don't. Not sure if I can get an answer to this question, but Moffat, did you give the mafia safe claims?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:29 am 

I got this hint from Brett: Hint 3: But you can trust me, sweetheart. You can tell me anything.

So I'm going to unvote justme and vote superstars because he has been really suspicious, won't trade, and MrE had some kind of special info on him before he died(I'm not a fan of the dynamics between Superstars superK and MrE lol) ;) :lol:

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:35 am 

Retracting superstars votingno one

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:44 am 

Voting no one for the same reasons as Cashley.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:56 am 

No one. I don't think Justin's the mafia, he's got a pretty legit rpm. Plus the character he's claiming HAS to be in this game SOMEWHERE. I mean, there's no way Steven Moffat would leave the character out. ;)

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:31 am 

Okay. Retracting Superstars111

Voting No one

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 am 

The Invisible Hand wrote:
I got this hint from Brett: Hint 3: But you can trust me, sweetheart. You can tell me anything.

So I'm going to unvote justme and vote superstars because he has been really suspicious, won't trade, and MrE had some kind of special info on him before he died(I'm not a fan of the dynamics between Superstars superK and MrE lol) ;) :lol:
Kids. That hint has nothing to do with Justin. It's a quote from Rose's boyfriend, Mickey Smith. Which I guess you could say is related to Rose...but enough to save Justin? Nah. Lynch 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:49 pm 

marinadelayne wrote:

Kids. That hint has nothing to do with Justin. It's a quote from Rose's boyfriend, Mickey Smith. Which I guess you could say is related to Rose...but enough to save Justin? Nah. Lynch 'em.

I don't see why we should listen to you. You won't talk or trade with anyone.

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:17 pm 

marinadelayne wrote:

Because I know Doctor Who and can recognize a quote. XP But mmkay, do whatever you want.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:38 pm 

marinadelayne wrote:
marinadelayne wrote:

Because I know Doctor Who and can recognize a quote. XP But mmkay, do whatever you want.

So what do you think the hint means?

Hammy wrote:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next