homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:34 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Doctor Whofia!

The galaxy is having a costume party. Everyone is supposed to come dressed as some incarnation of The Doctor. As the various masked forms walked around, drank punch, and pretended to be The Doctor, one seemed to be uneasy. This one suddenly broke way from the crowd and fired a gun!

There was a cry, and a figure fell to the ground.

After removing the mask, it was revealed to be Clara Oswin Oswald- by being in the right place at the right time, she had saved The Doctor's life. Again.

But that meant there was a killer, someone who wanted The Doctor dead. And so began a terrifying game of deceit, death, and of course, time travel.

Rules:
1. The Doctor lies.
2. If you sign up, that means you're willing to play. Please don't sign up just to do nothing in the game.
3. THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you die, you may not communicate with any other player (even dead players) about the game. Yes, resurrection is very possible.
4. Vote in red, unvote in blue.
5. RPM sharing and general sending PMs to other players is allowed but discouraged.
6. Cryptography and codes are allowed.
7. Please don't hesitate to ask clarification questions!
8. I will not award players new powers to rebalance the game, but I reserve the right to take away powers from inactive players.
9. The phase with players signing up is D1. The game begins with N1, then D2, N2, etc.
10. Have fun.
11. Don't hack people and stuff, k?
12. (Because twelve doctors) except I haven't seen any of season 8 (or old Who, for that matter), so nothing from the old series and nothing from Capaldi.

Time travel rules:
Feel free to skip over this part. Any time travel powers you have (and nearly every player has some sort) will be explained in your RPM. But if you want to know how time travel is operating in this game, here you go.
There are three types of time travel. Action Reversal, Consciousness Transfer, and Full Travel.
The first type is the easiest to deal with. Action Reversal lets you pick any Night or Day action and redo it. This includes votes. For example, PlayerA protected PlayerB on N3, but PlayerC died. On N4, PlayerA uses Action Reversal to protect PlayerC on N3 instead. This brings PlayerC back to life on D5. Another example is killing; if PlayerA switched from killing PlayerB to killing PlayerC, this brings PlayerB back to life and reverses any action PlayerC has made since the action that was changed. Confusing? Well, it gets worse.
Consciousness Travel allows a player to redo all of their actions beyond a certain point. If PlayerA uses this power on N3 to go back to N1, this means that on D4 (the phase where updates from N3 happens), PlayerA is now on N1. And while other players make D4 actions, PlayerA makes N1 actions. PlayerA moves forward at the same rate as other players; as they make N4 actions, PlayerA makes D2 actions. If someone killed PlayerA on N4, PlayerA remains alive until they reach N4, where they die. Don't worry, there's only one more type to go.
Full Travel is a bit different. Instead of redoing actions, our good friend PlayerA is basically doubled. So let's say PlayerA Full Travels from N3 to D1. On D4, PlayerA appears on D1, the same way Consciousness Travel works. But instead of changing past actions, PlayerA simply makes new ones that have effects that ripple forward. This is obviously the most powerful form of time travel, but it does have a catch. All actions done to PlayerA are assumed to have been done to the earliest version of PlayerA, which means that if someone kills PlayerA at any point on the time line before PlayerA traveled back, all versions of PlayerA die. So be careful using this.

Because of the already complicated nature of time travel, I'm not going to add things like fixed points in time and the time vortex.
...maybe. I might be lying about that. I mean, I'm not going to tell you *everything* about time. That would be silly!

1. JustM.e (Dalek Emperor, evil)
2. marinadelayne (Weeping Angel, angel)
3. Effervescent (Silence, silence)
4. Dibbles (Amy Pond, good)
5. Mr. E (Rory Williams, good)
6. The Invisible Hand (The Doctor, good)
7. SuperK1 (River Song, good)
8. Superstars111 (Dalek, evil)
9. Jonah.a.barnes (Dalek, evil)
10. Cyberknight (The TARDIS, good)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 pm 

I'm intrigued :) in.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:39 pm 

Hehehe yes. There's no way I'm sitting out of this game. XD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:58 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

...sorry, but I'll pass. I generally dislike Doctor Who. (waits for the angry homeschool mobs with torches and pitchforks)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:59 pm 

... how?.. Nevermind, I'm in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:11 pm 

Evan wrote:
...sorry, but I'll pass. I generally dislike Doctor Who. (waits for the angry homeschool mobs with torches and pitchforks)

I'm with Evan in being a homeschooling outcast for my dislike of Dr. Who.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:16 pm 

Steven Moffat wrote:
0. Not Evan

lol

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 pm 
is jealous

Innnnnn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:38 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

JustM.e wrote:
Steven Moffat wrote:
0. Not Evan

lol

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:19 pm 

Evan wrote:

JK. But srsly, have you even seen a full episode? 11th Doctor and onward don't count, you have to watch 10th. I suggest "The Christmas Invasion", "Blink", and pretty much every episode with the 10th doctor. :P

Ok, so I haven't been able to be very active lately, and the op seems to be stressing the importance of being active. I can certainly try to be more active, but I'm not sure if it'll work. Can I be in, but have a substitute (*cough cough*evan*cough cough*) ready to take my place if I have to drop out?

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:21 pm 
is jealous

Evan wrote:

Pssh... You don't have to like a theme to play it :P I played Legend of Zelda and I generally dislike that. *waits for the homeschoolers who aren't already chasing Evan to hunt me down with the rest of the availible pitchforks and torches* Man up, Evan! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:03 am 

I'm in. I'm pretty sure Marina controls the Steven Moffat account jointly with Brett so she probably shouldn't be in. :lol:

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:22 am 

In.

Evan... Need you to help me through my first game.... PLEASE!

BTW I don't know all that much about DW.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:46 am 

Well, I had a good experience with my last game, let's see if we can make it two for two! I'm in!

Also, the time travel aspect sounds complicated. I like it. I may have been a bodyguard last game, but as I believe I've shown, that doesn't negate intellect. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 am 

@Cashley we did until I changed the password. So it's not a joint account for this game :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm 

in

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:08 pm 

Hey wait, you said in the rules that there were twelve doctors, but the picture shows only eleven.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:28 am 

SuperK1 wrote:
Hey wait, you said in the rules that there were twelve doctors, but the picture shows only eleven.

He had twelve rules because there are twelve Doctors. But the only Doctors featured in the game, if I understand correctly, will be War, Nine, Ten, Ten and a Half, and Eleven. Of course, War and Ten and a Half may not be featured at all, depending on how the game is run.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:14 am 

I would like to note that 10 is
Steven Moffat wrote:
10. Have fun.

10 is the best.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:15 pm 

Hey all--

I'm going to leave signups open til 12 PM EST on Friday (and RPMs will go out either on Friday night or Saturday afternoon). This for two reasons; one, I want to get a couple more people (you know you want to play Evan ;) ) and two, I'm taking the SAT this weekend so I'm trying to push most of the actual gameplay til after that.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for signing up!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 Next