homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:12 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:21 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Jonah.a.barnes wrote:
Seriously that is the best you could come up with, a Dalek that goes around saying "EXTERMINATE".
I am disappointed in you.

I guess I need to prove I'm good. Here's my rpm.

Steven Moffat wrote:
WIN WIN WIN CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT

You are Tom Brady. You kill people with your good looks. You think your hair is beautiful. That is All there is to say on the matter.

Powers:
Deflate. You can deflate one player each phase. There may be a scandal associated with this action and you will probably get suspended, but don't worry that suspension will be reversed at the last moment.
Touchdown. You can score a touchdown each phase this means I will restore 6hps to your damage.
1-use Tebow. Once in the game, you can pull a Tebow, this means you can kill anyone player and they will never come back because the will of God is with you.

Win condition: Be the only player remaining.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 pm 

I dunno, seems kinda legit. :P If you want people to not suspect you, why not post your real RPM? ;)

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:29 pm 

I was talking to Jonah in the last post btw. :P

Also...Tom Brady? Really?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 pm 

I'm not sure about that RPM. Maybe he sent it, maybe he didn't, but if he were evil, you'd think he'd try to hide it. You, on the other hand, seem to be rather insistent about hiding your RPM.
Now, I don't think that's enough proof to condemn you, but I also don't think we have enough proof to condemn Jonah, especially since nobody died last night. Therefore, I hereby vote that we lynch nobody. (Sorry, Odysseus.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:31 pm 

Voting nobody.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:23 pm 

Actually, unvoting nobody, voting Jonah.a.barnes. Invisible hand is definitely legit.

Also, there are three other reasons Jonah is guilty:

1) He isn't posting his "real" RPM, even though he's claiming the Dalek one is fake.

2) He didn't have the type of reaction an innocent person would have. If he was actually innocent, he would have been like "Um, what on earth? He totally made that up lol." Instead, he was like "Well, it's my word against his." Doesn't seem like the kind of thing an innocent person would say.

3) Additionally, he said "I don't know why he would make an evil RPM and send it to people or just tell people about it with the impression it is mine. That makes me very suspicious." LOL. That's not even close to what an innocent person would say. He wouldn't be merely "very suspicious" if this happened. He'd be 100% sure that Invisible Hand was guilty!

Besides, Invisible Hand's legit guys. Really. There's no way an rpm like that could be fake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:24 pm 

The problem is though, maybe Jonah WANTS us to lynch him for some reason...maybe he can't be lynched or something. That's my one hesitation. :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:
There's no way an rpm like that could be fake.

What do you mean by this? All RPMs can be faked.

Even ones to make people look guilty. cough cough

Cyberknight wrote:
He didn't have the type of reaction an innocent person would have. If he was actually innocent, he would have been like "Um, what on earth? He totally made that up lol." Instead, he was like "Well, it's my word against his." Doesn't seem like the kind of thing an innocent person would say.

What's the point in doing this. I think it is smarter to give some defense/reasons why you are innocent. Instead of :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL What a joke. No matter what, it is my word against his. And that's what I said.

Cyberknight wrote:
Additionally, he said "I don't know why he would make an evil RPM and send it to people or just tell people about it with the impression it is mine. That makes me very suspicious." LOL. That's not even close to what an innocent person would say. He wouldn't be merely "very suspicious" if this happened. He'd be 100% sure that Invisible Hand was guilty!

I didn't want to jump to conclusion.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:
Actually, unvoting nobody, voting Jonah.a.barnes. Invisible hand is definitely legit.

Also, there are three other reasons Jonah is guilty:

1) He isn't posting his "real" RPM, even though he's claiming the Dalek one is fake.

2) He didn't have the type of reaction an innocent person would have. If he was actually innocent, he would have been like "Um, what on earth? He totally made that up lol." Instead, he was like "Well, it's my word against his." Doesn't seem like the kind of thing an innocent person would say.

3) Additionally, he said "I don't know why he would make an evil RPM and send it to people or just tell people about it with the impression it is mine. That makes me very suspicious." LOL. That's not even close to what an innocent person would say. He wouldn't be merely "very suspicious" if this happened. He'd be 100% sure that Invisible Hand was guilty!

Besides, Invisible Hand's legit guys. Really. There's no way an rpm like that could be fake.

Who would post their real RPM in the topic for all to see? If that's counting against Jonah, then we ought also to count it against Invisible Hand.
As for the second, the question is whether he's thinking of himself in terms of "innocent" and "guilty." See, anyone can say "he made that up." If he were guilty, he would still be saying "he made that up." So either way, his comments are going to be taken with a grain of salt. So approaching it by saying "it's my word against his" is actually the logical step to take, because it's true whether he's innocent or guilty.
As for him being very suspicious, it's clearly an understatement. Understatement is a tool that can be used to show how obvious something is, as shown here. Admittedly, it may have worked better if he had made the understatement a bit stronger. For example, "That makes me a bit suspicious. You know, not too suspicious, but just a tad. Something to think about." But regardless of how it was done, it still looks like understatement to me.

Now, maybe Jonah is guilty. But are we taking Invisible Hand's side just because it was the first post? If Jonah had made that accusation about Invisible Hand first, would we be taking his side instead? After all, neither of them is willing to post their real RPM, and why would they?
See, we don't have enough evidence to kill either of them right now. While I'm rather new to HSD, past mafia games with actual cards have made me rather cautious about killing people without sufficient evidence. And bear this in mind. In mafia games that are played in person, somebody dies every night. The mafia must kill. Here, nobody died. It looks to me like the mafia in this game are either incompetent, or clumsy, or forgetful, or something of that nature. (No offense to whoever the mafia are. Please don't kill me. Everybody makes mistakes.) The point is, because nobody died, we won't be losing anything or falling behind if we don't lynch somebody. We'll just be waiting for more evidence. If nobody dies again, we may have to take a chance. But for now, it seems risky to accuse one or the other just because one of them refused to give his RPM before the other one did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:40 pm 

Quote:
What do you mean by this? All RPMs can be faked.

Yes, but the specific RPM that he put out would be a really stupid fake RPM. When your'e faking an RPM, you NEVER choose a primary character, because if the real one gets wind of it, you're done.

Quote:
What's the point in doing this. I think it is smarter to give some defense/reasons why you are innocent. Instead of :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL What a joke. No matter what, it is my word against his. And that's what I said.

Look, I'm not saying this is proof or anything, just evidence. It just SEEMS to me...and it's kinda difficult to explain why...that an innocent person would not immediately resort to pure reason before even ridiculing his accuser. ;)

Quote:
I didn't want to jump to conclusion.

...What other possible conclusion is there? :P

Quote:
Who would post their real RPM in the topic for all to see? If that's counting against Jonah, then we ought also to count it against Invisible Hand.

Ok, fair enough. Hey Jonah, wanna trade RPMs? ;)

Quote:
Now, maybe Jonah is guilty. But are we taking Invisible Hand's side just because it was the first post? If Jonah had made that accusation about Invisible Hand first, would we be taking his side instead? After all, neither of them is willing to post their real RPM, and why would they?

Yes, but I saw Invisible Hand's RPM, and it's definitely legit for multiple reasons. Mostly because it would make a REALLY HORRIBLE fake RPM.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:01 pm 

Cyberknight wrote:
Hey Jonah, wanna trade RPMs? ;)

PM sent.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:36 am 

CyberKnight wrote:
If he was actually innocent, he would have been like "Um, what on earth? He totally made that up lol." Instead, he was like "Well, it's my word against his." Doesn't seem like the kind of thing an innocent person would say.

It's what I'd probably say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:59 am 

For now I think I'm switching back to "no one" from "Jonah.a.barnes" because I really don't get it. Both Jonah and Caleb have like perfect RPMs. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:02 am 

*Sigh* Well, some new information has come my way via PM. I'm still not entirely convinced, and I wish that I had more time to think about this, because I hate lynching people without proof. I'm planning to go into law eventually, and my instinct says "innocent until proven guilty." But I'm not sure if cold hard proof is possible in this game, and I don't have time to think more about this, because I don't think I'll be online before the phase switch. So I think I'm going to have to change my vote from nobody to Jonah.a.barnes. I guess Odysseus is safe, at least. And Jonah, if it turns out that you were innocent, then I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:26 pm 

D2 has ended.

The creatures gathered around, talking furiously. Accusations began flying, and eventually their suspicions centered on one person:
Jonah.a.barnes.

Jonah.a.barnes has been lynched.

kinda. He is not currently on D2, and so he hasn't died yet. But when he reaches the point where D2 turns into N2, he will die from the lynch (unless time travel alters the result). So anyways. (and fyi, votes for already dead people count as votes for nobody).

Everyone seemed content with their suspect, although they didn't know what would happen when he really died. But still, they all settled in for a good night's rest.

Jonah.a.barnes has moved to N1. Everyone else has moved to N2. Please send in night actions by Saturday at noon, EST. Or earlier or later etc. etc. etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:30 pm 

Steven Moffat wrote:
although they didn't know what would happen when he really died.

Uh-oh... He probably has some power to kill the first person to vote him when he dies or something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:53 pm 

SuperK1 wrote:
Steven Moffat wrote:

Uh-oh... He probably has some power to kill the first person to vote him when he dies or something.

SuperK1, you've refused to trade RPMs with me. You've told people not to share RPMs (and granted, you're new to HSD mafia (welcome!), but you've been fairly adamant...) and you've been opposed to the general dissemination of information.

And now, you plant doubts in our minds that we made the wrong call... knowing full well someone could go back and reverse Jonah's death.

Why? I'm looking for justifications. I'm in no hurry to accuse anyone. It's early. We still have numbers. If we guessed right, it should now be... 7-2 or 8-1? So I'm in no hurry to have you lynched. I just need answers.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'13
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '13-'14
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '14-'15
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '15-'16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:20 pm 

JustM.e wrote:
SuperK1 wrote:
Steven Moffat wrote:

SuperK1, you've refused to trade RPMs with me. You've told people not to share RPMs (and granted, you're new to HSD mafia (welcome!), but you've been fairly adamant...) and you've been opposed to the general dissemination of information.

And now, you plant doubts in our minds that we made the wrong call... knowing full well someone could go back and reverse Jonah's death.

Why? I'm looking for justifications. I'm in no hurry to accuse anyone. It's early. We still have numbers. If we guessed right, it should now be... 7-2 or 8-1? So I'm in no hurry to have you lynched. I just need answers.

I actually refused for the time being, but I'll reconsider. I am against that, because it seems very likely that it'll get you killed, but only information that has to do with your own or someone elses RPMs or any info that would give information t the opposing team. But yes, I am in general opposed to that.

Yes, they could, but that would be using up an action reversal or whateever time-travel ability it may be, I was just speaking my mind, as seeing how as far as anyone knows, I may or may not have info on Jonah, it won't give anyone any info, just a little more caution. The doubts I planted were from my own doubts, and I have no intention of misleading you, or anyone that I don't know they aren't on my team. I'm in no hurry to have anyone lynched either, but if someone that I trust or think is on my team, or even people that aren't on my team but I have communicated with that I trust them to give me correct information because our win conditions don't clash, tells me why they think I should lynch any one person, or why I shouldn't lynch any one person, if I don't have my own reasons that would take priority, I'll most likely vote to lynch that person.

BTW Thanks for the welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:22 pm 

Sorry for the late update... here we go. Lots of things happened.

N2 has ended. Everyone moves forward to D3 except for Jonah.a.barnes who moves to D2 and Effervescent, who also moves to D2.

The creatures wake up. Their memories of the events of the previous day have changed... and not for the better.

They remember, instead of seeing no dead bodies, seeing the body of Mr. E.

Mr. E died on N1. He was Rory Williams, good.

In addition, they remember Jonah.a.barnes dropping his disguise to reveal... a Dalek! He rolled forward, pointing his deadly weapon towards anyone who tried to intercept him.

"I WILL KILL YOU DOCTOR. EX... TER... MIN..."

Suddenly, his voice cut off. His weapon failed, falling to the ground, soon followed by the rest of his body turning into dust.

Jonah.a.barnes has died on N1. He was a Dalek, evil.
(so he was already dead by D2 and you guys ended up lynching nobody :lol:)

It is now D3. Anyone on D3 can make votes and day actions until Tuesday at noon EST. Etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:28 pm 

justme he came up bad.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next