homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:06 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Aww... I was close at least! Good for a first! (I hope)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:03 pm 

you daleks are rude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:05 pm 

IKR if not for that Paradox you would've won alone Marina!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:05 pm 

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! WE WON! :D :D :D :D :D 8-)

Thanks, Steven! That was fun!

marinadelayne wrote:
you daleks are rude.

But we win. :lol:

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm 

Thanks for the game! :D 'twas fun

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 pm 

'Tis true.

Steven Moffat wrote:
Spoilers.

You are River Song. You are the Doctor’s wife, but also know a ton more than him about life and stuff. And you’re super fierce and cool and stuff.

Powers:
Nightkill. You can kill people at night. Pretty straightforward.
Faction cop. Instead of killing people, you can PM a name and you’ll be told what faction that person belongs to.

Win condition: Be the only faction (good) remaining.

My N1 action: Faction Cop: Effervescent.
My N2 action: Faction Cop: Superstars.
My N3 action: Faction Cop: JustM.e.
My N4 action: I was dead.
My N5 action: Nightkill: JustM.e.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 pm 

That was a great first game! Thanks for hosting!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:33 pm 

SuperK1, you sent me a message, but I didn't understand a word of it. Weren't you targeting Marina with your last nightkill? Because you asked me whom to kill and I said Marina, not JustM.e...
Or were you suspecting that I was evil by that point?
I should note, I don't remember lying in this game. When I sent a fake RPM, I said "here's what I was given," which was true- I was given that RPM. But I never actually said that I wasn't evil.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:37 pm 

Ah. I was saying I woud target Marina, and then Marina told me she had no interest in killing me, and thought the best way to go about things was to team with me and said yuo were evil. I figured that even if you were good, you didn't have to be alive for me to win, but if you were evil, you had to be dead. So then we agreed Marina would target you, and I'd target JustM.e. If it weren't for the vortex on wherever you were sent to, Marina would've won alone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:25 pm 

You did great for your first time, Superk1. I hope you play with us in future games. :) You're learning quickly.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 pm 

Aww yes. Setting myself up for a win even though I died right away. I'm going to pretend that was totally skill and not just luck and good guesses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:54 am 

Mah thoughts on the game.

Wow. That was fun... and super complicated. Note to future self: time travel is the absolute worst thing in existence.
(Btw, for those that are interested, this is the link to the roles and mechanics and such and this is all the night actions. I told you, time travel is the worst).

Things that I could've done better (shocking, I know):
The balance was completely and utterly off. 5 town players to 3 mafia and 2 independents with win conditions definitely against town? Yeah. I told myself that the Doctor and the TARDIS were totally OP... which they were, but that doesn't negate the fact that balance was off. And power (and time travel) should have been better distributed - a lot of players who *had* time travel didn't really have abilities that made it a good idea to *use* their time travel, so most of it ended up unused.
Also, I have modded (or co-modded) two games now, and in both of them I gave Eff an indie role that required her to kill someone without giving her any means to actually *do* the killing. But at least I didn't randomly switch her alignment this time! :D
A lot of things, like power conflicts and time travel mechanics and tied lynch votes, were incredibly unclear, and I didn't really clear them up in thread when players asked for clarification :/ which is especially bad because the tied lynch thing is what killed SuperK1 (initially).

Various happy and funny and cool things:
Eff completely destroying town. Cashley was all like "ooh I have this cool new power even though the rules explicitly say nobody gets new powers? meh. better trust it!" (And that, Cashley, is how you use powers that let you say things from the mod ;) ). While Eff ended up dead, she saved JustM.e from being lynched, and his survival definitely made the game a lot easier for mafia.
Nobody noticed Marina until it was already too late. Which was funny, because I dropped (or, I tried to drop) hints about her throughout the game; the names of all the phases until you noticed her except one were from Weeping Angel episodes, and every Angel death contained text about old age and stuff.
TIME TRAVEL. Even though it is the absolute total utter worst, it was a lot of fun sending players back in time and such and seeing what they did.
For the first few phases (especially when Jonah was time-killed by Marina), I was absolutely certain town was going to win. And then I was absolutely certain mafia was going to win. And then I was absolutely certain the angel was going to win. The balance (from my perspective, at least) shifted so very rapidly it was hilarious.

Anyways. Overall it was super fun to run this game, and while I could have done a much much much better job balancing things and such (my basic approach was "ooh this would be a fun character what power makes sense based on the TV show?"), I'm pretty happy with how things turned out, and I hope you all were too. Thanks so much for playing!

-Brett
PS: fun fact; as Cashley pointed out at the beginning of the game, Marina and I were originally going to run this game together from this account. But we didn't have much more than "ooh Doctor Who and time travel." And then she decided she would rather play than help :lol: so I rewrote everything we had already done and changed the password to the account. it worked out well CUZ SHE LOST.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:29 pm 

<3 you, Brett. Thanks so much for running this.

I had a blast this game. Playing independents is always fun, and the powers I had were pretty cool. But I can't take credit for completely destroying town - I just confused and misled a couple of them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:24 am 

Hey, Cashley, you should've at the end sent ME back in time to redo all of my faction cops and kill Superstars and Justin with them. Then they couldn't kill me or you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:31 am 

And we would'a won. And we'd be amazing.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9