homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:45 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:23 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Superstars111 wrote:
I really did expect to die, right up to the very end, until Malak attacked Canderous. I thought that I would get two or three turns with my HP at 12 for that final battle. I figured Malak would have 40HP, but I didn't count on the higher damage. Once he killed T3, I was worried, because he had 10DMG. Once he attacked Canderous, I realized that he must have thought I was invincible, or at least too difficult to be worth the effort, and figured that I could take him out (IF he only had 40HP) because I would have at least one strike left if he brought me down to 2HP. This was, of course, based on the assumption that he had 10DMG as opposed to an insta-kill ability.

Actually, he had neither 10 damage nor an insta-kill. He had 5 damage, and two soldiers that did 2 damage each.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:25 am 

Malak's biggest strength was his HP, not his damage. He actually had only one more damage than the other villains, and in terms of dealing damage I was actually more powerful; Malak's strength was that he was a straight-up tank.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:32 am 

BenVincent wrote:
Malak's biggest strength was his HP, not his damage. He actually had only one more damage than the other villains, and in terms of dealing damage I was actually more powerful; Malak's strength was that he was a straight-up tank.

...Knowing that makes the final battle even cooler, because it was three on three, and we were basically counterparts. (Both of us had 10HP more than the other people on our sides.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:38 pm 

As it stands I'm really happy I used my lightsaber on my first move, since I was considering delaying it and that could have messed up.

Did Malak know how much it would help him to take the HP of the soldiers? Given what Ben said, I'm thinking that he couldn't have as he probably would have taken the 4 damage of the combined soldiers over the 2HP of killing them. Maybe I'm wrong.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:51 pm 

Voice of Reason wrote:
As it stands I'm really happy I used my lightsaber on my first move, since I was considering delaying it and that could have messed up.

Did Malak know how much it would help him to take the HP of the soldiers? Given what Ben said, I'm thinking that he couldn't have as he probably would have taken the 4 damage of the combined soldiers over the 2HP of killing them. Maybe I'm wrong.

1. Yes, he did know.
2. It was actually 10HP, but the heroes inflicted 8 damage that stage. So he only gained a net worth of 2 hp

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 pm 

I'm mildly upset that I didn't lose any health until the final battle so my power never had any use :evil: but other than that it was a super fun game! And scheming and such was also super fun :D

And sorry for attacking you, Cheerwine ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:05 pm 

Superstars111 wrote:
I had learned that Calo had greater accuracy with great attacks by bluffing. After I saw his profile picture, which was almost certainly his RPM picture, I guessed that he would have greater accuracy, and got him to admit it when he asked who had told me.
Later, I tried to bluff about his "teammate's ability to make extra minions." So when I got the vision, though I should have realized instantly, I thought it was from the GM, and was confused about what was going on. (I should have noticed that I was confused, and therefore realized that something I believed was wrong on some level.)

I should note:
1.That wasn't my RPM picture.
2.That wasn't my power. My power was that I could come back to life once(it was referred to as something along the lines of "I got lucky and managed to survive somehow. That's why when you asked me why I was still alive, I told you I got lucky and some Jawas saved me. :P :lol: ). When you tried to bluff me I instantly knew what you were doing because you were wrong. So I went along with it. :P :lol:

When your brother obliterates you on his 1st mafia game(and steals your blasters :evil: ), you have to focus on the little victories.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:15 pm 

Mr. E. wrote:
Superstars111 wrote:
I had learned that Calo had greater accuracy with great attacks by bluffing. After I saw his profile picture, which was almost certainly his RPM picture, I guessed that he would have greater accuracy, and got him to admit it when he asked who had told me.
Later, I tried to bluff about his "teammate's ability to make extra minions." So when I got the vision, though I should have realized instantly, I thought it was from the GM, and was confused about what was going on. (I should have noticed that I was confused, and therefore realized that something I believed was wrong on some level.)

I should note:
2.That wasn't my power. My power was that I could come back to life once(it was referred to as something along the lines of "I got lucky and managed to survive somehow. That's why when you asked me why I was still alive, I told you I got lucky and some Jawas saved me. :P :lol: ). When you tried to bluff me I instantly knew what you were doing because you were wrong. So I went along with it. :P :lol:

When your brother obliterates you on his 1st mafia game(and steals your blasters :evil: ), you have to focus on the little victories.

But it was still a picture of Calo Nord. The function served the same purpose.
And, even if some of my bluffs fell through, I still dealt your killing blow and obliterated you. :P
Also, your entire defense against the idea that you were biased against me was that I was getting too much information from you. If the information I was getting was based on false assumptions, then your entire defense falls through.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:33 pm 

Superstars111 wrote:
Mr. E. wrote:
Superstars111 wrote:

I should note:

But it was still a picture of Calo Nord. The function served the same purpose.
And, even if some of my bluffs fell through, I still dealt your killing blow and obliterated you. :P
Also, your entire defense against the idea that you were biased against me was that I was getting too much information from you. If the information I was getting was based on false assumptions, then your entire defense falls through.

That's why I'm focusing on the little victories.
You were getting more information than just that. I noticed the bluffs, but the rest was accurate as far as I remember.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:27 am 

I should note that even though the heroes officially had to live to win, I personally consider the other Light Side Heroes to have won as well, and the Dark Side Heroes to have come in second, since there's no way any of us could have won alone, and especially not me. The Light Side Heroes did everything but stay alive, and the Dark Side Heroes still helped vanquish the villains.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21