homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:27 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
So Malak has collectively lost 36 HP. He can't have too much left I'd think. Probably 40, give him all you've got Zaalbar!

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 pm 

You know, whether I win or lose, this has probably been the best first mafia game I could possibly have hoped for. :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:05 am 

Before Zaalbar knelt Darth Malak, the Dark Lord of the Sith, ruler of the re-surging Sith Empire, and responsible for the deaths of millions across the galaxy.

So the wookiee hardly hesitated but a moment before dealing the finishing blow, plunging his vibroblade deep into the Sith's heart.

Darth Malak has died.

With a mighty wookiee roar, he pulled his blade and raised it in the air.

He was the last one. But he was sufficient. Malak was defeated. The Star Forge was theirs! Its fate... was in Revan's hands now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasha, Bastila, Revan, and Zaalbar stood around the corpse of the fallen Darth. Republic forces were on the way, ready to begin dismantling the Star Forge. But for now, it was just them. They had come a long way.

"So.... now what?" Sasha asked quietly. They were all a little lost.

Zaalbar huffed. It was a clear decision to him. Now was when they would turn over the Star Forge to be destroyed. No one would be allowed to use this weapon again.

But Revan's attention wasn't aimed at Zaalbar. His eyes were locked with those of the love of his life, Bastila Shan.

"What do you think?"

She paused. It seemed like hours passed before she even showed signs of registering the question.

Then she opened her mouth...

The game will end when I get an answer to a certain PM

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:19 am 

Bastila spoke.

"This weapon was used for terrible things. It created armies in impossible amounts of time, armies that were used to raze planets, kill countless amounts of people. Revan, we can't ever allow something like this to be created again, much less continue to exist."

Revan nodded and kissed her gently. "Then that's what we'll do."

Revan has chosen the Light Side

He wrapped an arm around her and turned to look out the observation glass. Republic ships were jumping in from hyperspace at that moment, timidly approaching the superweapon. But they had nothing to fear from it anymore.

"But I thought Jedi weren't allowed to kiss people." Sasha stated, obviously bemused.

Bastila blushed and giggled. Revan smiled, also slightly pink.

"We're not Jedi. Not anymore. Maybe we were once. Maybe we really never were truly a part of the Order. But we serve the galaxy. We will do what's right. No matter who we associate ourselves with or what rules we follow." He answered.

"Oh." Sasha responded.

THE END

Winners:
The Invisible Hand (Sasha)
Effervescent (Bastila Shan)
Superstars111 (Zaalbar)

Congratulations to those 3 players on winning the game! And thank you all for playing! It was so much fun to host, and I hope it was a pleasure to play. :) You all did so great.

I want to post my thoughts on the game soon, and answer any questions you all have now that the game is over! I will also post RPMs in thread if you all want that. :) Feel free to leave comments and feedback!

Thanks again!

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:49 am 

Great game y'all! And a close one if there ever was one. Out of curiosity, how much HP did Zaalbar actually have? 30 or 40? Cuz seriously, of course it was our rotten luck to randomly pick the nearly invincible one as our first target.

I'd like to apologize to Carth and Jolee for killing you, because ironically they were my two favorite companions when I played KOTOR.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:44 pm 

Ahhhhh that was so much fun thank you for running the game Justin!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:16 pm 

That was an amazing game! Thanks so much, Justin, for running it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:27 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Fantastic game Justin! While it was tilted to the good side, I had a blast. Very creative!

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:40 pm 

Evan wrote:
Fantastic game Justin! While it was tilted to the good side, I had a blast. Very creative!

Actually, I don't really think it was unbalanced. I mean, if Mr. E. hadn't gone inactive and thus died from not solving the puzzle, the two of you would have easily killed the heroes on the Star Forge, considering that you almost won with just you. So it doesn't seem like it was unbalanced.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:31 pm 

All right! Where to start?

Comments for Players

Superstars111, way to take the bull by the horns! From early-game, you were formulating strategies and leading your side (and the Heroes as a whole) very well! I was thoroughly impressed.
Voice of Reason, kudos to you. You've only recently joined the world of HSD games, and this was not at all like your traditional mafia game. Despite your reservations, you learned the game and played it well.
<3Cheerwine, you did very well! You were playing better than most people while you were alive. Unfortunately, your time was cut short suddenly when atshelton used his bombardment power. But I thought you were doing very well
Dibbles, you played well! It made me laugh that, usually, you were the last one to send in your action. I would be busy trying to calculate probability of each side winning after a phase, and would always tell myself that, even though you hadn't sent in your action, you would. You were reliable and consistent haha. Also, your save of superstars111 may have prevented your side from losing during that big combat phase with atshelton and BenVincent
Johnnyw256, you were always scheming. And I loved it. You always kept in mind that all the Heroes couldn't win, although you learned rather quickly that directly attacking them wasn't beneficial ;) I got lots of enjoyment watching your attempts to barter with Evil, too bad it didn't pay off.
Cyberknight, you didn't do much. I understand there was some confusion and a lack of communication. That's rough. I would've enjoyed seeing what you could've done. :) Maybe another time.
Jonah.a.barnes, I know that this game confused you a little. Sorry about that! But I thought you played well in spite of it. And your attack on BenVincent (in the combat phase where you died) actually saved your team.
Marinadelayne, you were my early favorite to win. You actually had MORE influence when you died (at the 2nd location) than most of the Heroes had when they died at the 4th, 5th, and even final location! You would've been the greatest threat to Bastila's WC (which I think is funny, since Juhani, in game, is the alternate love interest). You were just unlucky early.
Effervescent, you stayed focused and driven. Every phase was the same. You focused solely on getting influence, and you were rewarded for your dedication. :) Props to you for being nice and letting Superstars111 have his well-earned victory at the end.
The Invisible Hand, you were pretty terrible. Jk. You did well. You trolled hard. You stuck to your guns. And resisted the advances of a creepy old Sith Lord. :P
Evan, you played well! You confused me a few times when you moved around (especially when you went to Yavin. That was unexpected), but you managed your team well, and you almost won because of it.
Mr. E., you played well, and you're learning quickly! I know you had a bit of a rough time, but I think that you're going to become an excellent mafia (and non-mafia) gamer.
atshelton, man you sent me so many PMs telling me my rules were busted. :P Idk if you do that to every GM, but it made me laugh. :) You played smart, and you were hilarious in chat. A good blend of trolling and winning (up until you lost).
BenVincent, you, like atshelton, played smart, and taunted hard. Your posts in thread made me crack up more than a few times. Thank you for making this game more fun for me to manage! :)

Things that made me laugh/smile:

Superstars111 could not do ANYTHING. The villains hated him so much. It's hilariously ironic that he was the last Hero standing, when he was the first and (for a while) only one who was targeted.

When johnnyw256 told the Heroes he wouldn't do their bidding, and the Heroes sacrificially did what was necessary for the team. It was so in-character and so perfect. It made me feel like y'all were almost playing the game as an RPG. It was fantastic.

Every time Effervescent PMed me complaining about the puzzles she was solving way too fast. :P

That one time Voice of Reason messaged me because HE was solving a puzzle (props to you!)

Whenever BenVincent taunted in thread.

When Jonah.a.barnes didn't get the memo from his team that they WEREN'T attacking BenVincent and, because he attacked him, he ended up doing and preventing lots of damage.

FAQ

How much HP did Zaalbar even have?! 20HP. His power was having double the standard Hero HP.

When did Carth get his save power? He had it from the start. His power was to select one player per phase. That player wouldn't die, but (at the moment of would-be death), would be rendered impotent for the rest of the phase. (aka Zaalbar)

How did you caluculate influence? Everyone started with 1 Influence (except Voice of Reason, who had 2 at start, as per his power). For building influence, you gained +1 influence. For solving a puzzle, you gained +2. That's all there was to it. (Fun Fact: Effervescent finished the game with more influence than the final 3 heroes combined!)

Why did the Heroes have to live to win? To be honest, if I could go back and change this, I would. I'm not sure why I felt this was the best option. But hey, there are always mistakes.

What was up with the visions? As atshelton said in the thread (although... I'm not sure why he did), one of Evan's powers was to provide a player with an anonymous vision once per phase. This would have actually probably helped the Villains win the game if Jonah had been in communication with his team. XD

Why did some attacks not do full damage? There were two reasons why certain attacks' DMG was mitigated. The first was due to an attack by Jonah on BenVincent in the combat phase when they both died. It prevented 2DMG, due to BenVincent's power leaving him extra vulnerable. The second was whenever someone attacked somebody that Effervescent was supporting with her power, Battle Meditation. She could choose two players per location to support, and they would receive less DMG per attack.

Thanks once again! Thank you for all the kind words. :)

If you have more questions/requests, let me know!

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:04 pm 

JustM.e wrote:
All right! Where to start?

When Jonah.a.barnes didn't get the memo from his team that they WEREN'T attacking BenVincent and, because he attacked him, he ended up doing and preventing lots of damage.

What was up with the visions? As atshelton said in the thread (although... I'm not sure why he did), one of Evan's powers was to provide a player with an anonymous vision once per phase. This would have actually probably helped the Villains win the game if Jonah had been in communication with his team. XD

Yeah, so atshelton and I had this brilliant plan. My special power allowed me to do double damage whenever I wanted (that's 8 damage) which is enough, along with one soldier, to completely kill a hero every phase of combat. But it comes at a cost- when I use it, I'm more vulnerable to attack. But Evan had this power to send a vision. So I wrote up this cryptic-sounding vision to have Evan send to a hero (I think he sent it to Superstars111?) telling them, in more cryptic language, not to attack the Sith Lord first lest they regret it. Superstars111 fell for it completely (anyone would) and told the others not to attack me. It was working perfectly. If Jonah.a.barnes hadn't failed to get the memo and had not attacked me, the heroes likely would have lost the game that phase, or at least had their failure guaranteed, because I would have killed 3 or 4 rather than just 2. So you can all thank Jonah for your victory :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 pm 

WAIT A MINUTE... Zaalbar only had 20 HP? LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THERE'S BEEN A MISTAKE!!! I calculated out how much damage Zaalbar had taken numerous times throughout the game to attempt to gauge how much HP he likely had. This is what I found.

Let's take a look at the game, shall we?

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 2HP and failed to "Build Influence"

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 4HP and failed to "Build Influence"

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 5HP

Quote:
Zaalbar has lost 5HP

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 4 HP

Everyone take note! HE'S LOST 20 HP AT THIS POINT. And before you go check, no, he hadn't received healing yet. That didn't happen until the very next action:

Quote:
Zaalbar has regained 6 HP

Later on, he received 4 more damage, and then was healed for 10. But that's beside the point, because he was already dead! Go back and check for yourselves if you want.

Obviously I'm not recommending we go back and change the outcome of the game, but technically this means Zaalbar died on Kashyyk, and being that he was the last hero standing, his death would mean the villains won.

Just making an observation. Please don't think I'm a sore loser, cuz I'm really not! This has been a fabulous game, and Justin did an amazing job running it! I just noticed that there was something up because I've been keeping track of the heroes' damage and Zaalbar's wasn't adding up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:41 pm 

BenVincent wrote:
WAIT A MINUTE... Zaalbar only had 20 HP? LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THERE'S BEEN A MISTAKE!!! I calculated out how much damage Zaalbar had taken numerous times throughout the game to attempt to gauge how much HP he likely had. This is what I found.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 5HP

Quote:
Zaalbar has lost 5HP

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 4 HP

Everyone take note! HE'S LOST 20 HP AT THIS POINT. And before you go check, no, he hadn't received healing yet. That didn't happen until the very next action:

Quote:

Later on, he received 4 more damage, and then was healed for 10. But that's beside the point, because he was already dead! Go back and check for yourselves if you want.

Obviously I'm not recommending we go back and change the outcome of the game, but technically this means Zaalbar died on Kashyyk, and being that he was the last hero standing, his death would mean the villains won.

Just making an observation. Please don't think I'm a sore loser, cuz I'm really not! This has been a fabulous game, and Justin did an amazing job running it! I just noticed that there was something up because I've been keeping track of the heroes' damage and Zaalbar's wasn't adding up.

Ben! XD You scared me. Haha. The healing action and the 4HP loss happened during the same phase, so I processed them simultaneously. The only time I didn't process actions simultaneously was in combat. :)

I wrote the loss of 4HP and the gain of 6HP separately so y'all would know that two attacks went through. I can understand the confusion. But Zaalbar gained a net worth of 2HP that phase.

Retired.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:44 pm 

JustM.e wrote:
BenVincent wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 5HP

Quote:
Zaalbar has lost 5HP

Quote:
Zaalbar lost 4 HP

Quote:

Ben! XD You scared me. Haha. The healing action and the 4HP loss happened during the same phase, so I processed them simultaneously. The only time I didn't process actions simultaneously was in combat. :)

I wrote the loss of 4HP and the gain of 6HP separately so y'all would know that two attacks went through. I can understand the confusion. But Zaalbar gained a net worth of 2HP that phase.

Oh, OK. I knew they were in the same phase, but I didn't realize they were processed simultaneously, simply because the damage was listed as being received while he was in jail and then he was stated as being healed by Jolee after his rescue. Thanks for clearing that up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:46 pm 

BenVincent wrote:
Oh, OK. I knew they were in the same phase, but I didn't realize they were processed simultaneously, simply because the damage was listed as being received while he was in jail and then he was stated as being healed by Jolee after his rescue. Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem! I can see how you might've been confused. Haha

Retired.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:36 am 

Really fun game! I enjoyed it (and understood it) a lot more than I expected to! I walk away a little nerdier than before.

2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:04 am 

Quote:
"Oh." Sasha responded.

I find that hilarious. :P

Yes, I only had 20HP total, and I also noticed that bit where I was "dead" and then revived. I assumed that it was being processed simultaneously, but I was also protected that phase, so I didn't worry about it.

The thing is, I was so amused by the fact that I kept living. I mean, I was doing my best to bring the team together and communicate when I could, even with the Dark Side Heroes on occasion, but the thing is, I wasn't planning to be the leader. This was my first mafia game on HSD. XD What I wanted to do was provide as much info to the others as possible so that when I died, the info I had wouldn't die with me.
As it turns out, this proved to almost bring about our downfall, since the visions were being spread around a lot. My only vision was that the villains couldn't make minions. I had learned that Calo had greater accuracy with great attacks by bluffing. After I saw his profile picture, which was almost certainly his RPM picture, I guessed that he would have greater accuracy, and got him to admit it when he asked who had told me.
Later, I tried to bluff about his "teammate's ability to make extra minions." So when I got the vision, though I should have realized instantly, I thought it was from the GM, and was confused about what was going on. (I should have noticed that I was confused, and therefore realized that something I believed was wrong on some level.)

But the thing is, I never meant to be the leader. I meant to be the sacrifice. I was going to be the wall that kept them attacking me so that they couldn't attack my team. My reasoning being, of course, that while I was being hit, my teammates wouldn't be.
I didn't expect to be attacked so soon. But because I was, everyone was able to pile their protect and healing abilities on me, keeping me alive (except for times when people were insta-killed and when I was "killed" but protected). Because I was getting so much attention from the attacks, I was also getting attention from my teammates trying to heal me, so I became the unofficial leader for our side, all the while intending to give myself up when the time was right. Every time I was spoken of as the wookiee who wouldn't die, I was somewhat amused, considering that death had not merely been anticipated or expected, but planned.

And to Mr. E. I told you that I would strike your killing blow. I told you that you wouldn't stand a chance against me. This has turned out better than I could have imagined. XD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:08 am 

I think we need a round of applause to go out for Jared. He did an amazing job in the game and I know I would have failed miserably without him, not only because of his role, but because of his managing/leadership skills.

2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:25 am 

Voice of Reason wrote:
I think we need a round of applause to go out for Jared. He did an amazing job in the game and I know I would have failed miserably without him, not only because of his role, but because of his managing/leadership skills.

I agree. Although as a villain I thought he was a real pain in the neck (because he was), as a player I was impressed with him. Well done, Jared. This was my first game as well, and I loved it. Looking forward to participating in more in the future. I'm actually strongly considering running a similar game on KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, so hopefully we'll get to do this again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:10 am 

I really did expect to die, right up to the very end, until Malak attacked Canderous. I thought that I would get two or three turns with my HP at 12 for that final battle. I figured Malak would have 40HP, but I didn't count on the higher damage. Once he killed T3, I was worried, because he had 10DMG. Once he attacked Canderous, I realized that he must have thought I was invincible, or at least too difficult to be worth the effort, and figured that I could take him out (IF he only had 40HP) because I would have at least one strike left if he brought me down to 2HP. This was, of course, based on the assumption that he had 10DMG as opposed to an insta-kill ability.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next