homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1921 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:07 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Home Schooled: Yes
I only need the answer to number 5...T-16 is wrong, as are the other answers I tried. (Saw Episode IV a loooong time ago...and this is frustrating me.)

Edit: Got it, now down to #5 on part 2...I know the answer, but all of the names I'm putting in are "wrong." :? 5's are the bane of my existence today. ;P

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:56 am 

Cannot post update tonight. Will tomorrow. Deadline will hold.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:07 am 

If anyone had any doubts about the existence of ghosts, they were put to rest.

Apparitions of all types (well, all Sith types) roamed the Valley of the Dark Lords. Spirits of Sith long dead still cackled, moaned, glared, or even wept among the dusty stones. Some were infamous, warriors of legend. Some were nobodies, and were even less respected in death than they were in flesh.

As the Heroes were about to enter the tomb of Naga Sadow, a light-blue translucent figure appeared. She was beautiful. Her hair shimmered, her figure betrayed her athletic ability, and her face was picturesque.

Except for her eyes.

She had no eyes, actually. There were only dark sockets, deep, soulless.

"Greetings." She stated. Although there was no way to verify who she was speaking to, each adventurer felt like it was a personal address. "You have come far. Your journey has been a long one."

No one responded to her comment.

"Be wary. No matter how the odds appear, one cannot ever assume any outcome. I was once an adventurer like you...

Then I took a blaster bolt to the knee."

With that, she vanished, leaving the impression that the GM hadn't gotten enough sleep recently.

But T3 got them in, and the Star Map was where it was supposed to be - preserved perfectly within the tomb's incredibly thick stone walls. As the last datapad blinked, signifying their upload was complete, the Heroes released a collective sigh of relief.

T3 has gained influence

They had them all. The Star Maps had been recovered. Now they could travel to the Star Forge.

They could finish this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bastila had more the once proven her ability to solve puzzles, and was the first to complete her captor's challenge. As she entered in the keyword she had received, the floor swallowed her.

Before she knew what was happening, she landed painfully awkwardly on a grated floor. It was sticky and extremely unpleasant.

"Impressive." The voice commented with eerie enthusiasm. But this time, the voice was coming from the same room, which was even more poorly lit than the previous one.

"Most impressive."

Bastila slowly brought herself to her feet. She was much stronger than she looked, a fact that many of her opponents often failed to realize, and then paid the price for their failure.

"I'm not afraid of you." She mostly lied.

"Oh. Well how about him?"

A thud echoed, and a mechanical groan sounded. Bastila breathed a curse under her breath.

Suddenly, she couldn't see anything. Blinding light assaulted her from all directions. It seemed as if hundreds of suns had been imported into the tiny little space station. After a solid few minutes, the Jedi looked around and saw that Darth Malak had indeed solved the puzzle, as well. He had also recovered faster than she had from the new lighting.

"Darling Bastila," he rasped. "Such a pity that you refused to work with me on that puzzle. I'm sure that Calo would have appreciated your assistance."

A distant scream seeped through the walls.

Calo Nord has died

"Riddles weren't his strong suit," the Sith cackled. But his laugh was almost bitter, as if he regretted losing the bounty hunter.

"QUIET!" The captor spoke. Both Bastila and Malak turned to see a scarred devaronian. One of his horns was chipped, and his chest rose and fell as if breathing took tremendous effort. Behind him was Sasha, with tear trails visible on her pouty face.

"You want the girl? I want credits. She has to be worth something to you, more than the standard slave." He snarled. "I'll accept the offer from the highest bidder."

"You're sick." Bastila hissed.

"Says the Jedi who goaded Revan to execute my soldiers." Malak taunted.

"CREDITS OR THE GIRL DIES."

Malak's eyes narrowed into slits. His figure stiffened. Lightning began to pop at his fingertips.

"Tsk. Tsk." The devaronian chided. "I have a heartbeat monitor. If I go, we all go." He gestured to the observation glass of the space station, where a think line of explosive putty sat primed and ready. The lightning receded.

"We have no credits." Bastila stated coolly, hoping this wouldn't trigger an explosive reaction.

"NO CREDITS!" The captor shrieked. "WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE YOU, ANYWAY!"

But before the devaronian could do anything brash, a massive ship came out of hyperspace in full view of the space station. It immediately began broadcasting a message to the space station.

"Darth Malak. We have reason to believe you are being held against your will, due to your lack of communication. Beginning retrieval measures."

A troop transport shuttle departed from the ship's hangar and quickly sped toward the station.

In the confusion, Bastila quickly knocked their captor down with the Force, leaping onto him and pinning his arms down. She struggled with him for a few minutes, trying desperately to detach the heartbeat monitor. But the devaronian was strong and pushed her off.

As she was about to dive on top of him again, a pasty white hand clamped around his throat. Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith, began choking the life out him.

"Are you crazy?!" Bastila shrieked. Quickly, she grabbed the monitor and yanked it away, ripping cords out (thankfully not setting off the explosives) and disabling the device.

Not a moment later, the Sith closed his grip, and the red devaronian turned purple and limp.

But as the Darth turned around, he noticed that both Bastila and Sasha were gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Heroes aboard the Ebon Hawk were lost in thought. They had received a troubling transmission from Bastila, who told them that she had been kidnapped and was now trapped aboard a Yavin space station with Sasha and Darth Malak (and his soldiers.) She was isolated, and didn't have Sasha with her. But she pleaded with them to rescue her.

"I know that I'm expendable." She said. "I know that some of you question my usefulness, even my loyalty. But I need you here or Malak will kill me."

They were already going to Yavin to rescue Sasha. But they knew that they had to be almsot impossibly quick as it was. They couldn't waste extra time. The Heroes had nothing to gain from this. Malak and his forces were set up, crawling all over the space station. They could all very easily die in this endeavor.

Space Station
I. Rescue Bastila
II. Leave Bastila

Mass Execution
The Sith academy on Korriban is a bastion for Malak's cronies. Many there support his attempt to conquer the galaxy. But a few volleys from the Ebon Hawk's batteries in the middle of the night would help solve that problem. Is it a fair fight? No. But Revan seems to have an itchy trigger finger.

I. Wipe them out (Dark)
II. Spare them (Light)

The next phase begins at 9PM EST on Monday.

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:35 am 

I'd really appreciate a rescue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:39 am 

Rescue Bastila (I might unvote on this not because I don't want to rescue you but because I need to preserve my influence and I'm sure both of the others will vote for rescue)
Wipe them out

Hey guys I'm currently in Mexico with limited wifi so I'm just getting my choices in right now. If a combat phase happens and I'm still gone I asked Justin if Marina could temporarily take over for me and they both said yes so just fyi :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:44 am 

I vote to spare them. And... Well, we have to fight Malak eventually anyway, right? I would lean towards rescuing Bastila.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:54 am 
Hint hint peoples.

I'm all alone now...Calo, y u no solve puzzle?? :roll: Did it to himself, I suppose.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted, and I'll be sure to give y'all one heckuva fight before I go down, or I'll just, you know, hopefully win. I still have some tricks up my sleeve... :)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:17 am 

Spare them. Though pacifism isn't really my thing.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 am 

They say that once you start down the path to the Dark Side, it becomes harder and harder to turn around.

Revan had once been a Sith of might and brutality, bringing the old order to relevance once more. He was not a man to be trifled with, but a legend, his thirst for blood unquenchable.

Ever since his memories had been taken from him, he had seemingly forgotten that old aspect of himself. But every step towards the Dark was reawakening his anger, his passion, and his hatred. As he sat with his finger on the trigger of the Ebon Hawk's cannons, aimed directly at the living compounds of those Sith loyal to his betrayer, Malak, he wanted desperately to give in. He wanted to exact revenge.

But T3 and Zaalbar calmly began to talk him down. They reminded him of his past as a Jedi, when he used his abilities for good. They reminded him that he could be the savior, if he dedicated himself to it.

Was Revan convinced that the Dark Side wasn't for him? No.

But if he had given in to his desires in that moment, there was no question that it would've been the point of no return.

Revan has become more Light

Revan's head hurt. His heart was torn, with two completely contrasting past lives vying for control of his present one.

Everyone was always getting in his head. He appreciated his companions, he really did. But in that moment, He wanted only one person...

Bastila.

In spite of reservations from some of his companions, he decided on his own what he would do.

"Come on! T3, warm up the hyperdrive! Canderous, Zaalbar, strap in. We're going to Yavin!"

"To rescue Sasha?" Canderous asked.

"Yes." He paused. "And Bastila."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SASHA!" Canderous bellowed. The Mandalorian seemed genuinely concerned.

Revan finished guiding Bastila up the ramp of the Ebon Hawk, his hand lingering on her back for a moment before he forced his attention back to the space station.

Bastila has been rescued

The place was bound to blow at any second.

The heartbeat monitor of Sasha's kidnapped hadn't been completely disabled, and was malfunctioning.

But the Heroes weren't going to leave without Sasha.

Fortunately, it wasn't much longer before T3 shrilled excitedly. He emerged from an adjacent room with Sasha in tow, practically being pulled along by the little droid. She looked exhausted.

Sasha has been rescued

Canderous grabbed her with one massive arm and hoisted her onto his shoulders, running towards the Ebon Hawk. Everyone was now scrambling to leave as fast as they could.

As the last crew member ran up the boarding ramp, Zaalbar slammed the button to close the entrance. Two of Malak's dedicated soldiers were racing toward them, blasters in hand, spraying the ship's hull.

Without hesitation, Revan left. Within minutes, the small space station ruptured into a brilliant spectacle of blazing fire.

The Heroes briefly wondered if they had escaped that fate to receive a much worse one in the Star Forge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malak prowled the deck of his ship. He was on his way to the Star Forge, having failed to retrieve Sasha and losing two of his loyal soldiers in the process.

He stood, unblinking, breathing through his steel jaw.

The Heroes were coming to his doorstep. They would soon arrive at the Star Forge. And he would face Revan.

Except this time... it would be face-to-face.

He wasn't sure how felt about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crew of the Ebon Hawk stood one last time in the main room of their beloved ship.

Worlds ago, there had been ten of them here, listening to Revan speak as their collective leader for the first time. It had been the birth of an adventure, an adventure that was now in its death throes.

This was when they were supposed to defeat Malak. This was when they were supposed to take the Star Forge.

But perhaps they wouldn't.

They tried not to let this thought enter their minds, but it hung about like a dense fog, clouding their thoughts.

"There's not much I can really say," Revan spoke quietly, and almost as timidly as he had on Dantooine. "It really has been a great privilege to have undertaken this quest with all of you. We've lost many. We've been bruised and bloodied. We've been assaulted and divided, kidnapped and assassinated."

He paused.

"And Bastila..."

Bastila seemed to snap out of deep thought. She locked eyes with the Captain, her face flushing a little. "Yes?"

"I love you."

For what seemed like eternity, the ship was deathly silent. No one moved, no one spoke. No one dared so much as breathe.

Bastila held her gaze, looking deep into Revan's eyes, as if scanning them to find if he truly meant what he had just said. With a short and sweet sigh, she whispered, "I know."

Then they were kissing.

As Revan's heart jumped into his throat, he felt a small figure bury her face into the back of his leg - Sasha.

With a slight whimper, Revan broke the kiss to turn and pick up the young girl.

"And you, Sasha." He addressed her as he lifted her up to meet his eyes. "I don't know how you came our way. I'm not sure why you entered our world. But know this... you're home. You're with your family. We'll keep searching for your parents, and we'll find them. But you're not alone. Ever."

Tears stung his eyes and he hugged Sasha tightly before placing her back on the floor. She laced her fingers with his and leaned into him affectionately.

Revan turned towards his fellow Heroes once more.

"Alright. I think I've spend enough time here. The Star Forge awaits."

HERO/NEUTRAL options for this phase
(No supplies needed this phase)

I. Build Influence
II. Destroy Influence
III. Explore
IV. Train
V. Restore Health
VI. Build Influence for Another Player

Next phase begins at 9PM EST on Tuesday

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:58 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Nothing has gone right for the dark side for a very long time now. Tbh I think this game was very imbalanced but overall extremely innovative and fun.

There's no real way for me to win this, so GG.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:08 am 

Uggghhhh . . . So mushy.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 am 

It could have all gone far better. But Mr. E was targeting me the whole game, which kind of ensured a loss for the villains. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:23 pm 

Evan wrote:
Nothing has gone right for the dark side for a very long time now. Tbh I think this game was very imbalanced but overall extremely innovative and fun.

I don't think so. Threatening me there at the end was a dumb move. I might have picked evil otherwise.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:14 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Evan wrote:

I don't think so. Threatening me there at the end was a dumb move. I might have picked evil otherwise.

I wasn't even threatening you at all...simply saying that not picking me entails some risks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:32 pm 

Superstars111 wrote:
It could have all gone far better. But Mr. E was targeting me the whole game, which kind of ensured a loss for the villains. :P

Actually, Mr. E. wasn't just targeting you the whole game because he felt like it. On the first planet, we decided to focus all our power on one, and unfortunately picked you, unaware that you apparently had wookiee immortality. We kept figuring it made the most sense to attack the one who was already hurt; but we didn't realize that would mean wasting all our attacks on a disgustingly OP'd wookiee.

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:56 pm 

Evan wrote:
The Invisible Hand wrote:
Evan wrote:

I wasn't even threatening you at all...simply saying that not picking me entails some risks.

You basically said if I didn't pick you I'd probably die :lol: That my friend is a threat.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:59 pm 

I am genuinely surprised not one of the good guys voted to rescue Bastila (or Sasha, for that matter)...

Ah well. Since it's almost over anyways Build Influence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm 

(By "good guys" I meant LS Heroes clearly xP)

And also AWW BASTILA AND REVAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:06 pm 

We're disgustingly cute. I love it. <3 Revan x Bastila 4ever.

Building influence because hey, why not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:14 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I can't believe I'm pointing this out...

...but you can't spell "Revan" without "Evan."

I'll let y'all draw any conclusions from that as you will. ;)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1921 Next