homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:45 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Superstars111 wrote:
Yes meaning they don't have combat actions, or they do have combat actions? Because there are only six people alive right now, and two of them are neutrals, so wouldn't that be four people to send in actions, not six?

Haha I kept it vague for a reason. But what I said was accurate. Except now it's four of six.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:49 pm 

You other dead villains better not be secretly alive...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:57 pm 

Superstars111 wrote:
You other dead villains better not be secretly alive...

Aww, come on, you know you miss me. :becool:

"Everything in this world is either a potato... or not a potato."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:28 am 

Maybe the other dead villains are controlling the troopers with Evan? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:23 am 

Well, I am a force ghost. So I could be going all Exar Kun and manipulating you all through the force even though I'm dead.

But I'm not. I'm just making sarcastic comments in the thread because I'm dead. But hey, I did kill two of you with only one arm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:39 pm 

The Heroes were first to strike, and all opted to use the weapons they had "received" from Malak's underlings.

First Canderous, with Saul Karath's carbine, unleashed a salvo at the Sith Lord. He was a trained marksman from the Mandalorian wars, and his aim would've made his whole clan proud.

Next, Zaalbar used Calo Nord's pistols to blast the Dark Lord of the Sith. He blocked most of the shots with his lightsaber, but a few managed to hit home.

Malak was just about to order his troops to return fire when suddenly a fire lit inside of him. He staggered forward, a cry of pain grinding its way out of his voice box. A red blade had pierced his back and was poking through his abdomen. It remained for a few moments, then receded. The droid, T3, chirped excitedly from behind Malak.

Darth Malak has lost 26 HP

The Darth roared and turned to confront the little droid. Immediately T3's enthusiasm audibly turned to terror. Without hesitation, Malak extended his arm and forced T3 straight into the wall at the far end of his quarters, smashing the droid into ten different pieces.

Finally, he gestured for his bodyguards to fire, and they finished the droid with a few well-aimed bolts.

T3-M4 has died

But the droid had dealt a great blow. Malak wheezed and gasped. The Heroes had no more special weapons to use, but the Sith Lord was certainly injured. He did, however, have the strength of multiple men. His hatred coursed through him like blood in his veins, causing him to function, his body to live on... even if he was just a shell of a man.

The next stage/phase begins at 9PM EST on Friday OR whenever I get all combat actions

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:35 pm 

Well, :( I died. But I died fighting valiantly, and unlike all of the other heroes, you can re-animate me if you put me together, right? :lol:

Also, I think Malak is pretty clearly going to die, so I'm rooting for the light side to win. I would warn Malak that if he wants a shot at winning he needs to take out Canderous first, because Canderous has less HP than Zaalbar and is just about as dangerous given his weaponry.

Go Light Side! Go Zaalbar! Fight! Win!

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:57 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Whoop at least I took down one of you. A three-on-one isn't exactly fair. (And before you say "soldierszzzs!!!!111!11!!1!!!!1!!1" you know they're virtually non-factors.)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:28 pm 

Voice of Reason wrote:
Also, I think Malak is pretty clearly going to die, so I'm rooting for the light side to win. I would warn Malak that if he wants a shot at winning he needs to take out Canderous first, because Canderous has less HP than Zaalbar and is just about as dangerous given his weaponry.

Ehh... actually not true. Unless my theories about Zaalbar just having infinite life are true :lol: and I'm certain they aren't, then he should be at least close to dying after what cumulatively, 30 HP? And healing some but still. And also, I know there's not an easy way to confirm this for Evan, but my weapon is only one use, whereas Zaalbar's is (I believe) multiple use.

And, yknow, I might be convinced to sit out until Zaalbar is dead ;) . Actually, that's the best option for me, but I'm not going to do it unless Malak promises to attack Zaalbar first. Not that his promises are worth much, but neither are mine, so our mutual distrust should be enough.

All in all, this is turning out to be a thrilling fight! Only one member left from each side! SUPES EXCITING.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:23 am 

The Heroes were outnumbered, but their opponent was far from full strength. In spite of the brutal evisceration of T3-M4, both remaining Party fighters felt confident in their odds.

Having discarded their trophy blasters, Zaalbar and Canderous both rushed in to attack the Dark Lord of the Sith up close. Malak raised his blade and parried their initial strikes, but his troops attempts at suppressing fire weren't enough to deter the emboldened wookiee and the determined Mandalorian.

They both managed to knick the Sith Lord, sapping his strength.

Darth Malak lost 8 HP

But Malak wasn't finished. Furiously, he lashed out with the force and brought Canderous to his knees, then lifted him in the air, both choking him and presenting him as a perfect target for his bodyguards' fire. One of them hit his mark.

Canderous felt his life draining from his body...

BUT. Canderous felt himself spurred on... something inside of him gave him the will to live, the will to fight. As he was finally released, he clung to life with ragged breath. For a few moments, he felt himself slipping away, but then Sasha was there.

The young girl dove next to the Mandalorian, completely exposed to possible blaster fire, or even Malak's blade. But she resolutely opened a medpac she had taken from her ex-captor's ex-space station. As fast as she could, she applied field kolto to the ailing Hero.

Zaalbar roared furiously and distracted Malak and his soldiers just long enough for her to finish and retreat into the shadows once more.

Canderous was SAVED from death by Sasha

Malak roared, his lungs pushing air past his gravel-like throat. His body bled. He ached. His mind was distorted. His will was sapped.

He had precious few options left. But he could try one last thing...

The next phase/stage will begin at 9PM Friday OR whenever I got all of your actions

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:04 am 

The battles was red hot.

Zaalbar and Canderous opted once more to use their vibroblades, slicing and dicing the Sith Lord whenever he gave them an opening. He was skilled in combat, his training under Revan apparent, but the wookiee was naturally gifted at war, and the Mandalorian had dedicated his life to the study of combat.

Parry. Block. Parry. Dodge. Malak was desperately attempting to fend of the Heroes' blows.

But as Canderous feinted towards the Sith's head, Zaalbar swept his blade across the Sith's abdomen, making a very deep gash.

Malak groaned and buckled, his knees giving out.

Canderous chuckled with gritty satisfaction. Zaalbar leaned in Malak's face and roared, knocking the Sith onto his back.

"Fools." Malak growled.

He spread his arms wide, and red lightning sprang forth... But not at the heroes.

His two bodyguards were struck before they knew what was happening. In a slow and horrific fashion, they began to crumple in their armor, losing mass, their essence being drained from them. Perhaps even more horrifying was the fact that they didn't resist, but willingly allowed themselves to be slaughtered for their master's ritual.

Darth Malak gained 2HP

Rising to his feet once more, Darth Malak ignited his lightsaber again and lunged at the Mandalorian warrior.

Canderous still felt stronger than usual, and was able to fend off Malak's vicious assault, but sustained damage.

Canderous Ordo lost 6HP

Both parties temporarily disengaged, waiting to see who would make the next move, and when an opportunity would arise to end this conflict at last.

The next stage/phase will begin at 9PM EST on Friday OR when I get y'all's actions

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:18 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Love how fast the game is moving now that we're in the epic final battle. I'm putting up one heckuva fight. But with regards to what I should do this phase...

And I'm probably still dead anyway. I feel like I'm just prolonging this to make it look like I had a legitimate chance of winning it all for the evil team, I suppose ;)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:37 am 

Evan wrote:
Love how fast the game is moving now that we're in the epic final battle. I'm putting up one heckuva fight. But with regards to what I should do this phase...

And I'm probably still dead anyway. I feel like I'm just prolonging this to make it look like I had a legitimate chance of winning it all for the evil team, I suppose ;)

It's nice to know that you've been freaking out about the game being unbalanced, though, because really, we've been doing the same thing. XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:01 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

Superstars111 wrote:
It's nice to know that you've been freaking out about the game being unbalanced, though, because really, we've been doing the same thing. XD

FYI, it seems to be that (in most games) both sides feel that everything is unbalanced. The only difference is that evil just can't talk about it being unbalanced openly, so it always looks like evil is overpowered, even when they're just where they need to be (or possibly underpowered).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:15 pm 

IMPORTANT GAME RELATED POST:

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.

Carry on.

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:20 pm 

The Invisible Hand wrote:
IMPORTANT GAME RELATED POST:

Carry on.

Did you really just quote that? For one thing, YOU'RE A 10-YEAR-OLD GIRL. For another, who listens to that stuff?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:23 pm 

The Invisible Hand wrote:
Billy Currington drops the mic.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:30 pm 

Malak, having been temporarily aided by the strength of his sacrificed underlings, was relentless. Slash after slash attempted to break through the Mandalorian's very blade. He fended for his life, sweat now permeating his clothing. His grunts became more and more audible as his arms began to give way.

Finally, the Sith managed to disarm him, knocking his blade to the floor with a loud clang.

Zaalbar quickly picked up the blade and turned to toss it back to his companion... but it was too late.

Canderous was staring straight into the Sith's eyes. His right arm was caught in the Sith's left hand, and his left arm was grasping Malak's right forearm, which was plunging his saber into the Mandalorian. The blade was through and through.

Canderous growled. "If Revan had this weapon, he'd have known what to do with it. You're just his shadow. At least I'm dying with-"

Malak apparently had grown tired of Canderous' final words, because he promptly withdrew his blade and heaved the warrior across the room.

Canderous Ordo has died

Zaalbar took advantage of the moment by bringing both his and Canderous' blades home, making major gashes in Malak's upper back. The Sith fell to his hands and knees.

Darth Malak lost 4HP

"It's just.... you, now." He wheezed. "The wookiee... who wouldn't die."

The next phase will probably begin when Superstars111 gets online. Otherwise, 9PM.

Retired.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:41 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

The intensity of this battle is well over 9000. In case I lose, I at least have fought very valiantly on behalf of the Dark Side. But if I actually win this singlehandedly... :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:24 pm 

Aw. well actually at this point I'd rather the evil side win than the LS heroes so ;) ...go Evan, I guess? :D

Evan wrote:
The intensity of this battle is well over 9000. In case I lose, I at least have fought very valiantly on behalf of the Dark Side. But if I actually win this singlehandedly... :D

WHY DID YOU TARGET ME FIRST :cry: :cry:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next