homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:25 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:34 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Can you post the game updates in the op? Also, since I know Incog anyway, can I still guess victims, or does that take the fun out of the game?

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:08 am 

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=14092&p=538804&hilit=cockroaches#p538804
I think you might need to put a little more effort in making these difficult. ;) Also, technically this isn't a guess since I'm not a cop and it's almost been two hours. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 am 

Oh how I love being reminded of my first few months on HSD. >.< Protecting marinadelayne.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:52 am 
you'll never guess

You guys don’t listen. marinadelayne is saved.

Identity Clue: H20

Victim Clue: Feb 17, 2015

My future posts shall be demandingly cryptic from henceforth on. I'm also cutting down on the time between phases so I can kill some victims.

JohnMarkPorter1 wrote:
Can you post the game updates in the op? Also, since I know Incog anyway, can I still guess victims, or does that take the fun out of the game?
When I've lynched some people than yes :P. And no, this game is hard enough for me as it is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:07 am 

Incognito wrote:
And no, this game is hard enough for me as it is.

Is Sad.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:48 am 
is jealous

If the clue's pointing to a join date....

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=50687

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:36 am 

Protecting Homeboy.

The clue could also be a reference to a last active date, a birthday, or any other significant event that landed on that day.

As for who Incognito is, we have four clues.

The first was: cough cough :roll:

-Simon mentioned that JohnMarkPorter1 had had a cough recently and had ended a post with that emoticon. If these other clues could be tied to him in some way, we should consider him a suspect. If not, we may have to go back to the possibility of it being a cough to direct your attention to something.

The second identity clue was: R6

-I don't know what this means. It could be something that you would only get if you've been online for a while. When I google it, it brings up motorcycle images (specifically, Yamaha YZF-R6 models).

The third identity clue was: Be

-This could be a reference to being yourself, or to existence. The first thing that came to my mind was "to be or not to be," so it's possible that the Assassin is someone who's had that question before and chosen the former.

The most recent identity clue was: H2O

-The obvious meaning of this would be water. So the question is, could this have anything to do with anything that isn't water? If so, then that would be a strong lead. If not, then we would want to ask, who is water connected to? Waterbending and swimming come to mind, or someone who likes to drink a lot of water (though, that would fit pretty much every debater alive).

-When I did a Google search for "R6 chemical," I got results for cleaning fluids. A search for "Be chemical" brought up results for Beryllium. And H2O is obviously a chemical as well. Could we be searching for someone who's into chemistry, or even who just happens to be studying it at the moment?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:32 pm 

R6 is probably referring to Region 6 of NCFCA. At least that's what would make most sense. Though I don't really know of all that many active HSDers from R6....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:47 pm 
you'll never guess

Mr. E. wrote:
I'm in! Does this make me Gandalf? Do I get magic?
Per the new rule change, yes!

I’m gonna spice the game up with a rules change (Active immediately).

If 3 heroes reject the changes by Tuesday night we will switch back to the old style (no powers, 2 votes for incognito by everyone).
Partly in attempt to make this game a little easier on me and partly from a wish to make it more interesting for the heroes (and somewhat ride on the game's theme) we're adding some personality to the heroes and a few new rules.
The catch is that while it becomes easier to thwart Incognito, your guesses of Incognito’s identity go from 10 to 6 (Shouldn’t be a huge change given the fact that he’s been guessed within 4 the last two games, but it should lead to more caution and no throwaway votes).
Breach of the confidentiality rules results in automatic death of your hero.

Aragorn: Awesome Warrior skills - Aragorn has 2 saves each phase but they cannot be used to save himself. The Trade-off is that if the good side fails to save 3 victims Aragorn dies.

Legolas: Defying all laws of matter - Legolas has two lives and must be killed twice - But beware, the trade-off is important: Legolas only gets one shot at Incognito.

Gimli: Gimli gets cheats. Gimli can pm asking for a confidential new victim clue, but cannot counsel others on who to save. The catch is that Gimli has no power against Incognito and cannot accuse him of anything (I would insert a Gimli vs. the ring Gif but can't find one :P.

Gandalf: “You shall not pass!” (Weird wizardry) Gandalf can call upon eagles or blinding light once during the game. The trade-off is that Incognito is allowed to not reveal a new identity clue upon the next successful save from the heroes (or from Gandalf’s spell).

Frodo: Sting! Frodo gets extra hints of the identity of incognito - Only 3, once every other kill attempt. Like Legolas, however, frodo only has one shot at Incognito.

The new rules will be posted in the OP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:37 pm 

So I would be Frodo, yes? Would I be allowed to tell the hints to the other heroes?

marinadelayne wrote:
R6 is probably referring to Region 6 of NCFCA. At least that's what would make most sense. Though I don't really know of all that many active HSDers from R6....

If that's accurate, then that could potentially narrow down the hunt. What Region 6 NCFCA members do we know of? If we can get a list of potential suspects, then we can start comparing all the clues to everyone on the list and see who's the best match.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 pm 

To clarify: What do Eagles/Blinding light do?

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm 
you'll never guess

Mr. E. wrote:
To clarify: What do Eagles/Blinding light do?

It is an automatic save for the cycle. They are the same power. If no one can discover who is being targeted, then you can activate your save and force me to end that phase and find a new target. It's a one-time use though, so use it carefully.

Superstars111 wrote:
So I would be Frodo, yes? Would I be allowed to tell the hints to the other heroes?
You are Frodo, and no, you cannot tell those hints to other heroes. Sorry, I had meant to specify that and forgot to. That said, you can still publicly lobby for one person to be incognito, but you can only use the publicly-disclosed clues as warrants.

Oh, and the next kill will be by 8am CST Monday morning, so have your moves in by then.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:36 am 

Hmm... Considering how new I am, extra hints would be of little value to me if I couldn't discuss them with others and offer analysis. So it might actually be more strategic for me to reject the changes and keep the extra accusation attempt.
Other heroes? What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 pm 
you'll never guess

Superstars111 wrote:
Hmm... Considering how new I am, extra hints would be of little value to me if I couldn't discuss them with others and offer analysis. So it might actually be more strategic for me to reject the changes and keep the extra accusation attempt.

If you want me to specifically rescind your powers (without a complete rule reversal for the other players) that is fine. Make your decision by Tuesday night.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:20 pm 
you'll never guess

A hero has fallen.

Gandalf stood alone facing the Balroc. YOOOOUUUUU SHALL NOT PAAASSSSSSSS! But he did not use his wizardly powers and the demon lord of the mines sliced Gandalf in half.

Gimli had been warned "First Comment!" but ignored the fact that this was the clue to the date. Mr. E joined HSD on February 2, but his first post was on February 17th. 2015. The good side only exercised one of their 6 (or 7) saves and ignored the obvious extra clue in Incognito's avatar (Keep calm and save your self). Furthermore, they failed to put two and two together that for once that after the heroes had made a save Incognito did confirm immediately as had been done in the past (something that will not be happening in the future).

Next victim clue: Carly!

You have 36 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:17 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

I'm rejecting the new rules.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:34 pm 

I'm going to join Andrew in rejecting the new rules. Sorry, Incog. XP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:02 pm 
you'll never guess

Ahh well, I tried to make it interesting but I needed to do that at the beginning, maybe some other time folks :) . . . rules are back to normal, no powers, 2 votes each.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:23 am 

Well. We're doomed. :P

As for Carly... Sounds like a character name. iCarly? Is there anyone on the forum who likes that show?

Also, is Gandalf allowed to help us with hints and just can't protect anymore, or is he out completely?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:24 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Carly might also refer to Carly Fiorina.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next