homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:01 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:32 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
... well then. First off, i look nothing like cybernight!!! HOW? :| . k anyhow here's my suspicion for who is mafia
1 cybernight- (obviously) i Investigated him, he's evil, please kill him :twisted: (my power also can't be lawyered so there's that)
2 Justin- not completely sure about this but someone should probably investigate him. and he's been ignoring most of my PMs and requests for him to use his power that he claims. also having him blocked might be a good idea. :P

as for Evan I'm pretty sure he's neutral but he's kind of a loose cannon who doesn't benefit the good team at all so you might want to/have to kill him. sorry ;)

JustM.e wrote:
I guess we now have to assume cyber knight is, in fact, evil?

you don't say :o

anyways it was a fun game :D (... until you accidently killed 'your fearless leader' :? )
Have fun storming the castle!

2014/15 - Seidel/Shelton (NCFCA)--2014/15 - Hayes/Shelton (Stoa)
2015/16 - Seidel/Shelton (NCFCA)--2015/16 - Hayes/Shelton (Stoa)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:37 pm 

I killed Hammy because Jacob asked me to do it, so it's unconnected to the redirected lynch. Just to clear that up.

If we lynch Gabe tomorrow, there'll only be one mafia left and then it's just a numbers game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:41 pm 

Additional things that I thought of the second that I posted that:

It's possible that Gabe can't be lynched until all the other mafia die. I forget what that's called but it's a thing. If he defeats tomorrow's lynch, we'll have to try and root out the other one first and/or vig kill him.

If anyone has a block, please PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

jnshelton wrote:
as for Evan I'm pretty sure he's neutral but he's kind of a loose cannon who doesn't benefit the good team at all so you might want to/have to kill him. sorry ;)

Evan wrote:
And we can pretty much consider myself cleared, since Hammy lied about being an investigate.

Also since when have I been a loose cannon? For most of this game I've been voting "no one" and this last phase I voted against a near-confirmed mafia. All I'm trying to do is win alongside the good team, since they're the rising tide. Killing me is a wasted kill. Let's focus on finding the true last mafs.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:09 pm 

Yeah, I think that Evan's been decently helpful. And if it does come down to numbers, we want him on our side. So let's focus on getting Cyberknight and the last mafia (who I'm also thinking is Justin) out of the way first.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:02 am 

Quote:
1 cybernight- (obviously) i Investigated him, he's evil, please kill him :twisted: (my power also can't be lawyered so there's that)

I frankly do not understand why people keep saying this. A lawyer usually has powers that "make someone appear the opposite of their alignment." Why do people automatically assume that this only applies to investigates, and not scans?

I definitely think there's a lawyer messing with the results (that's the only explanation for why I came up "evil" even though jnshelton apparently was telling the truth). Remember that I was under suspicion night three, so of course the mafia would want to make me look evil.

Quote:
And we can pretty much consider myself cleared, since Hammy lied about being an investigate.

As much as I hate to admit it, it does indeed appear that I was wrong about you. Sorry, Evan. :P I honestly thought Hammy was legit.

But you'll still have to answer the other objections we have against you, besides Hammy's investigate.

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:00 am 

There are nights when evil walks the world. There are nights when good loses. This was one of those nights. One of the great forces of our time. Known for their gut wrenching, soul searching(and any other cliches you can think of) music, met its/her tragic end(Sarcasm level= OVER 9000!!!!!) marinadelayne has died she was good. At the same time, another force arose you could hear it telling everyone else to not waste their lives, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWEllqh5J0 Would this voice be triumphant? Only time can tell.

Day 4 ends whenever ya'll reach consensus or Monday evening.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:37 am 

cyberknight

Everyone else, vote the same.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'13
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '13-'14
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '14-'15
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '15-'16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:51 am 

JustM.e wrote:
Everyone else, vote the same.

Says a suspected mafia member. ;) Yeah, everyone make the same foolish mistake as last time and lynch ignore the reasons I just stated.

Honestly, I don't really care if I die or not any more, because my main goal was to get Evan lynched, and it looks like he's innocent now. :P But seriously, it's a bad idea to lynch me if you want good to win. As I previously explained, I was lawyered. People assume scans can be lawyered, but there's no reason to think that.

But I know there's little I can do to convince a bunch of people bent on lynching me, so...oh well. At least I'll get to see the looks on your faces when you find out you've just lynched someone innocent. ;)

"Never quote yourself on internet forums" - Gabriel Blacklock, 2014

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:15 am 

I'm sure that the lynch was redirected because you were good, Gabe. <3 Just in case, though. Cyberknight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:03 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Cyberknight

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:36 pm 

Cyberknight for now

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:55 pm 

Cyberknight

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:58 pm 
is jealous

Cyberknight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:20 pm 

Are y'all ready to end this phase?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:24 pm 

I am.

-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 pm 

Nevermind!!!!! New info!!!!!!!! Wait till Marina does her after death post!!!!
Do not end the phase early!!!!

-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:04 pm 

Before y'all decide to end the phase early and lynch Cyberknight, please hear me out.

I think it's pretty clear that Cyberknight is mafia. But based on what happened last time we tried to lynch him, I don't think he can be killed until the other remaining mafia is killed. And attempting to lynch him may even cause the death of another good person (since we still don't know why Jacob died)...which y'all really can't afford at this point.

My proposal is to lynch Justin this phase. I think he is the remaining mafia member. Here's why:

1. Lack of activity. Usually when Justin's good, he is fairly vocal in the thread, stating his opinion and providing analysis as to why it's right. This game, however, he's been mostly silent. He hasn't provided analysis in any of his posts, except for, coincidentally, when he was trying to save Cyberknight's life. And the first time he's headed up any action is right now. Which I'll get into later.

2. Overall sketchiness. Look through his posts. As I said before, none of them were helpful. Most of them were actually more trolly than anything else. Also, when I PMed him to give him a chance to explain his strange behavior, he wouldn't tell me his supposedly super important power and avoided answering my questions or even acknowledging half of my claims. And then when I pressed him on it, he said that the entire exchange made him think I was mafia and still refused to give direct answers. If he's really as good as he claims and really had nothing to hide, he should have been willing to engage in open conversation with me about my suspicions. He wasn't.

3. Voting patterns. If you look back through the thread and examine how Justin voted, you'll see that his actions have been rather suspicious. He refused to vote for Cyberknight until it was clear that there was no way that the lynch mob would change its mind, at which point he changed his vote. Classic mafia behavior right there. And yet now, he is heading up the lynch mob against Cyberknight, without even considering the other options. Why? Because he, as the other mafia member, knows that Cyberknight can't be killed until the other mafia member is killed (e.g. himself). So before anyone had time to consider other suspects, Justin started the lynch mob against Cyberknight, ensuring that both mafia members stay alive another night (and maybe even that another good person dies in the process). Justin has provided no reason to assume that the lynch won't be redirected again. So don't assume that. Lynch Justin instead. Then lynch Cyberknight the next day.

4. My death. I had a fairly lame power (a protect) and hadn't claimed to have any other power. I protected myself last night, and yet I still died. This shows that the mafia really wanted me dead, as they most likely blocked my protect and targeted me with the night kill. That much effort wasn't likely to be the result of a random decision. So if I didn't have a power that threatened mafia, why did they need to eliminate me? Because I had accurate information. I suspected Justin and told him that I was going to be telling everyone to lynch him in the thread. I thought that it was safe to try to gain more information through telling him of my suspicions before posting, since I had the ability to protect myself. Apparently, I was wrong. But luckily I can still urge all of y'all to lynch Justin today.

TL;DR: Even though Cyberknight is clearly evil, Justin appears to be evil as well. If we try to lynch Cyberknight, chances are it won't work (just like last time). Which is why the other mafia member would be wise to try to get good to lynch Cyberknight today. Which is exactly what Justin is doing. So don't be deceived. Lynch Justin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:30 pm 

Alright. Now that that's been said, do we still have a majority of players who want to vote for cyberknight?

I do.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'13
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '13-'14
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '14-'15
Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '15-'16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:33 pm 

Listen to Marina.
Unvoting Cyberknight voting JustM.e

-Michael Phelps

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next