homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 pm 
you'll never guess

Home Schooled: Yes
Hello. This is me. Thought I was dead? Think again. Assassins never die, they just go into hiding. As to the Ghostling, they were an impostor filling in during my untimely absence.

Don’t know who I am? Well, let me tell you about myself. I am a (somewhat) well-known HSD member. Who, you might ask? Don’t you wish you knew. Look at the username and guess.

But anyway, why the anonymity? Because I am a forum assassin and do not want to be associated with my true identity. And I have decided to kill everyone on this forum, one by one.

It is up to you to stop me. That’s right. 5 of you will be selected as police officers. It is your mission to track down who I am and arrest my true identity on the forums.

If you arrest the wrong person, you get a black mark on your record. Three marks, and you’re out of the force.

But how? Follow the forums and look for hints I drop. Those clues should show you who I am. I also have the same personality as my true identity, which could be very helpful for the shrewd among you.

But anyway, so how does this game work? I will assassinate random (or not so random) HSD members, including the cops, when I see fit. If I kill all 5 cops, I win. But, just knocking off the cops takes the fun out of the game, so the chances of knocking off all five is very slim. I will drop hints as to my next victim, and if a cop finds out who that victim is and protects that person, he or she will not be killed.

After the game has been completed, the first person to PM me requesting to be the next Incognito will be given complete control of the account.

But enough talking already. The next five people to join will be the cops. Moderators are allowed, but checking my IP address is certainly against the rules.

Post away. The game will start with an assassination after the 5 cops have been selected.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin.

Cops:
  1. Fishy-fish (wrongly accused Hammy, correctly accused anorton)
  2. atshelton
  3. JustM.e
  4. Cashley (wrongly accused Evan)
  5. Jonah.a.barnes (wrongly accused Marina)

Victims: Augustine (dead), New England Sunshine (protected), OrdinaryTreeHugger (protected), revgirl (protected), Timbalistea (protected), Opposite Way (dead), nayrb (protected), Gumbo Soup (protected).

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 pm 

Dude yes. In.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:49 pm 

In.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 pm 

Sure

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 pm 

In

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 pm 

In. This is my first time though. :? :D

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

I'd love to, but I'm going to be a little too busy for the next couple of weeks. (I want to sink a bunch of time into the Teh Mafia game and make a good impression. :) ) For the new peoples here who may not have ever played assassin, I highly recommend the game; it's quite fun. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:11 pm 

haha, 6th person wouldn't you know. Well, next time, I'm too busy over the next 3 weeks anyway.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:20 pm 

Yeah... I got ninja'd. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:58 am 

So when is this going to begin? I'm so hyped!! :)

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:06 am 
you'll never guess

My, my--aren't you the eager type! Those five cop slots filled much faster than I expected. Apologies for tardiness; I got caught up in watching the last season of White Collar on Netflix.

Let's get started! The first clue is:
- .... . -.-. --- -. ..-. . ... ... .. --- -. ...

You have until Saturday at 20:00 EDT.

-YFNA

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:26 am 

Incognito wrote:
My, my--aren't you the eager type! Those five cop slots filled much faster than I expected. Apologies for tardiness; I got caught up in watching the last season of White Collar on Netflix.

Let's get started! The first clue is:
- .... . -.-. --- -. ..-. . ... ... .. --- -. ...

You have until Saturday at 20:00 EDT.

-YFNA

Already that is Morse Code for THECONFESSIONS What do ya'll think of that?

Hammy wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:52 am 
Hint hint peoples.

I...how??

Shayne's right. This Incognito account was presumed to be dead since the password somehow got lost, which led to the creation of Ghost of Incognito. Those were the days...good to see ole Incog was able to be resurrected. :) I think the White Collar "clue" is a red herring, since only two people have mentioned it on here, and narrowing the possibilities down to only those two so quick makes me think it's too easy to be true. I should know, since I threw a LOT of red herrings when I was Ghost of Incognito. ;P

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:02 am 

Argh! I said I'd stay away, but... :P

I agree with Evan; the White Collar piece is probably irrelevant to the identity. If this were Blaire or lucky13, they wouldn't be so blind as to give away their identity immediately with a clue like that.

ShaynePC wrote:
Either way, the probability is that this is a long-time user with connections.

Another thing that reinforces the long-time user idea is that whoever this is had to know who Incog was. It makes me all nostalgic to think how long ago the last incog game was. I'm super happy someone resurrected the account! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:09 am 

Couldn't it also be a clue about the first victim? It might not necessarily be about Incog's identity.

/quickly scoots out

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:51 am 
is jealous

Whoa Incog's back :o I know the last GOI was me/Kare but I've long forgotten the password. Whoever managed to recover the Incog account, nice going. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:13 pm 

What are the consequences of getting killed if you are not a cop? Do you not get to post on this forum or something? Also, when you say drop hints, does that mean that the user who is Incognito's true identity will be dropping hints in other forums?

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 pm 

One other (possibly) noteworthy thing. In the OP, Incog listed me as Fishy-fish and Cashley as, well, Cashley, rather than our usernames. The nickname "Cashley" has been around for over a year, but, from what I've seen, it started to be used commonly on HSD fairly recently (e.g. in the past six months or so). The nickname "Fishy-fish" originated in the LoZ: Four Swords game, which took place in the middle of February. Thus, in order to be aware of those nicknames, Incog had to have been decently active on HSD during the past few months, either playing in the past few mafia games or lurking in them.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:53 pm 

The confessions could be the What is your problem? thread. Because technically that is a thread about confessions.

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:56 pm 

:o Everyone's all nostalgic about this, and I have no idea what it is! I'm in! Even though I probably won't be helpful considering I'm relatively new here and don't know all the lore/people.
Might the name of the thread be any help? Would the roman numerals be common for these games?
Maybe it's anorton. He's told me that he's a programmer, maybe he cracked the account.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 Next