homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Which factions do you want in the League of Legends mafia game? (detailed-ish descriptions below)
Piltover- The City of Progress 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zaun- The City of Research 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Shadow Isles- The Undead Hordes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Void- The Realm Between Realms 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:08 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
THIS IS NOT SIGNUPS FOR THE LEAGUE MAFIA. That comes later, but I have to start writing and creating the story soon-ish.

I forgot to add Bilgewater to the poll. I guess post if you want to see them. No idea why you would though.

There are several city-states in the League universe that I could use for the upcoming mafia game. I didn't want to arbitrarily decide which ones to use, so I figured I would put up a poll. I am planning to use three or four, but I can add more later if we have enough people. Just a note, Runeterra is the continent it is set on, Valoran is the planet Runeterra is on.

Demacia- Demacia is the only monarchy in Runeterra, having been ruled by an absolute monarchy for centuries. Demacia stands for justice and light, believing that all things devious and dark must be banished. Demacia excels at defensive light magic, and its enchanted armor can withstand even technologically advanced weapons. There are few sights more majestic than the Demacian knights charging into battle while their king, Jarvan III, commands the battle above from his Pegasus.
Roster:
Jarvan IV- The Exemplar of Demacia
Garen- The Might of Demacia
Lux- The Lady of Luminosity
Galio- The Sentinal’s Sorrow
Lucian- The Purifier

Noxus- Noxus believes that strength is the sole determiner of rank and prestige. Although it has noble families, the ruler of Noxus, Swain, has no past. Rather, he rose to High Commander through cunning and viciousness on the battlefield. In Noxus, often the only way to advance is the death of one’s superior, whether on the field of battle or through less…honorable means it matters not. Noxus’ dark knights and Death Legions are supplemented by necromancers and hemomancers, mages that control blood. Noxus can be summed up in one word: terrifying.
Roster:
Swain- The Master Tactician
Darius- The Hand of Noxus
Draven- The Glorious Executioner
Sion- The Undead Juggernaut
Annie- The Dark Child

Ionia- The island nation of Ionia seeks balance above all else, believing that good and evil, light and darkness, must coexist in order to truly achieve enlightenment. They are the most centered of all the factions, housing the greatest monasteries and libraries in Valoran. This centered belief system should not be mistaken for weakness, however. Although much of Ionia was taken over by the Noxian hordes during the recent war, Ionians rallied with Demacian support to throw the invaders back into the sea. Ionians seek a balanced, calculated style of combat that focuses on quick, hit and run tactics.
Roster:
Karma- The Enlightened One
Master Yi- The Wuju Master
Lee Sin- The Blind Monk
Irelia- The Will of the Blades
Shen- The Eye of Twilight

Piltover- Piltover calls itself the City of Progress, believing technological discovery is the key to peace in Runeterra. Piltover’s investors excel at hextech, combining elements of magic and technology in order to produce weapons that rival Demacia’s defensive traits and Zaun’s sheer destruction. Piltover realizes, however, that with technology comes danger. Research is heavily regulated and scientists required to take the necessary precautions to make sure they keep the residents of Piltover and Runeterra safe. Piltover prefers to keep enemies at bay, striking from a distance to discourage their opponents from getting into close range.
Roster:
Caitlyn- The Sheriff of Piltover
Jayce- The Defender of Tomorrow
Vi- The Piltover Enforcer
Heimerdinger- The Revered Inventor
Orianna- The Lady of Clockwork

Zaun- Zaun, like Piltover, believes in technological revolution, but does not believe it should be limited. Regulations, when they exist, are rarely enforced, and researchers are free to invent anything they desire. This usually means that they produce technology for the military, since that is usually where profit is found. Zaun excels in creation of noxious gases to be used on the battlefield so effective that even Noxians think their methods are extreme. However, this has cost Zaun more than just lives in laboratories. The gutters run thick with toxic waste that kills many homeless every year or worse, creates unspeakable horrors. Zaun has beefy fighters that can stay in the fight for a long time, but don’t deal a lot of damage.
Roster:
Singed- The Mad Chemist
Viktor- The Machine Herald
Zac- The Secret Weapon
Dr. Mundo- The Madman of Zaun
Twitch- The Sewer Rat

Bandle City- The history of Bandle City is largely a mystery. It is populated by the only non-humans in Runeterra, a race of small furry beings called Yordles. They are only the size of human children, but they are incredibly intelligent, inventive, and energetic by human standards. They have the best technology in Runeterra, and guard it closely against all humans. They worship the Mother Ship, a spaceship at the center of Bandle City that most believe is deeply tied to Bandle City’s past. Some say the Yordles are aliens from another planet and the Mother Ship brought them to Valeran. Others say ancient Yordles built the ship for space exploration. No one really knows, but the Yordles defend it with their lives. Bandle City prefers to deals damage from a distance, since they tend to be outclassed by humans in hand to hand combat.
Roster:
Teemo- The Swift Scout
Tristana- The Yordle Gunner
Rumble- The Mechanized Menace
Gnar- The Missing Link
Veigar- The Tiny Master of Evil

The Shadow Isles- The Shadow Isles are not a country per se, but rather a collection of less-than-alive entities working loosely together toward the goal of spreading their undead pestilence throughout Valoran. The island chain, located far out in the ocean, was once a picturesque forest. However, many centuries ago, a young wizard ventured there to perform dark rituals in an effort to gain immortality. While he achieved his goal in a sense, he also corrupted to isles for all time, and the living dare not venture there. The Shadow Isles have a balanced style of combat, and have can engage in both close quarters and ranged combat.
Roster-
Karthus- The Deathsinger
Kalista- The Spear of Vengance
Yorick- The Gravedigger
Hecarim- The Shadow of War
Elise- The Spider Queen

The Void- Between dimensions, there is a layer of reality that cannot be comprehended by human minds. It has neither form nor figure, and the entities that live there do not have substance or individuality in the sense that humans understand it. Of the few humans who have seen the Void, only two have survived, and both went mad under the strain. Because of the powerful magic at work in Runeterra, the very fabric of dimensions have been torn apart, and the Void has been seeping into Valoran, with terrifying results. Horrific creatures appear in Valoran with alarming frequency; they have no aim but destruction. The Void focuses on fast, in-and-out combat.
Roster:
Kha’Zix- The Void Reaver
Rek'Sai- The Void Burrower
Kog’Maw- The Mouth of the Abyss
Cho’Gath- The Terror of the Void
Vel’Koz- The Eye of the Void

The Freljord- Far in the north of Valoran is the Freljord, an unforgiving frozen realm inhabited by three warring tribes. The Avorosan are the strongest and largest tribe, led by Queen Ashe. They inhabit the southernmost part of the Freljord and control the only ground warm enough to farm in the North. Their rivals, the Winter’s Claw, are a warlike clan that seeks to overthrow what they see as the tyranny of Ashe and her husband Tryndamere. Their leader, Sejuani, rides a massive boar into battle while swinging a giant mace. They have secured an alliance with both the troll tribes and the bear-like Ursine. Far to the frozen north are the Frostguard, an ancient tribe led by the Ice Witch Lissandra. Although Lissandra has claimed to support Ashe, in secret she serves the ancient monsters known only as the Watchers. Legend has it that the Watchers once ruled half of Valoran with an iron fist, but were defeated at the bridge in the Howling Abyss. The Legend says one day they will return, and Lissandra will lead their armies. The Freljord does not have a damage-heavy roster, but it does have lots of abilities to keep their enemies from attacking.
Roster:
Ashe- The Frost Queen
Tryndamere- The Barbarian King
Volibear- The Winter’s Claw
Sejuani- The Winter’s Wrath
Lissandra- The Ice Witch

Bilgewater- There are those that would prefer not to step foot in civilized cities. For those people, Bilgewater is the perfect hideout. Famously loose with laws and reluctant to ask questions, Bilgewater is home to many merchants and less scrupulous businessmen. Although piracy is technically outlawed, Bilgewater will never turn anyone away a ship that brings money to spend at the taverns. Bilgewater’s fighting style is very front-loaded. They end fights quickly by killing everyone fast. If a battle extends past a few rounds, they will probably lose.
Roster:
Twisted Fate- The Cardmaster
Graves- The Outlaw
Miss Fortune- The Bounty Hunter
Gangplank- The Saltwater Scourge
Fizz- The Tidal Trickster

Google it, we're the second link that pops up. We're pretty proud of that.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:59 pm 
McNixmunk

JOIN THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION

Viktor is my main. <3

If I play this, I better not get Teemo.

"Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth" - Albert Camus

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm 

JeremyB wrote:

ALL HAIL SATAN

Confession: I used to be a teemo main

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:24 pm 

I voted for all the scientists and aliens. After all, I am an alien scientist. BTW I know the history of Bandle City, we all came from some other place. We already know about the Void, we had to come through it to get here. We used to be called the Lombax. 8-)

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:26 pm 

LocutusofBorg wrote:
JeremyB wrote:

ALL HAIL SATAN

....What?

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:52 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Mr. E. wrote:
LocutusofBorg wrote:
JeremyB wrote:

ALL HAIL SATAN

....What?

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:52 am 

Teemo (one of the characters) is also known as Satan. He does poison damage with his attacks, can make your attacks miss, can turn invisible, can drop invisible mushrooms around the map that do insane damage, and is almost impossible to catch. He's by far the most annoying (useless, but annoying) character in the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:57 pm 

If I ever play LoL, I will main Teemo. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 am 

Thanks for the responses. I will decide the 3rd and 4th factions by random. Now to write!

EDIT: This will closed once I remember how to :P

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:43 am 

Thanks to a delightfully insightful PM, the poll is once again open! Demacia and Bandle City are locked in. This poll is for the four who originally tied: Steampunk Land (aka Piltover), Evil Piltover (aka Zaun), Creepy Island (aka The Shadow Isles), and The Land of Apostrophes (aka The Void)

EDIT: Thank you for not making me write for Ionia or Bilgewater. They are the most pointless and boring countries I can imagine. Not a single one of their characters are remotely interesting.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:37 am 

Actually, never mind. I've already started writing the story and I just realized that the entire premise requires I use the sides I already picked. The final two will be The Void and Zaun.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]